Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Actually in Wrath there is this pair of Night Elf women that are openly flirty to each other. Granted they're not major characters (cause as you say, the era it's based on) but it's hinted at.

As for Zarya from a business standpoint I can't see Blizzard writing her as part of the LBGT community, she's Russian and the country already banned the Tracer comic because of that one image. If the Russian character comes out as Bi or Lesbian I wouldn't put it past the country to outright ban Overwatch game.
    omg plz, make her Bi, I want all that zar/hog/mei smut to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I don't think anyone is "triggered" that she's a lesbian. They are "triggered" because Blizzard is trying to be super progressive in a shooter game where lore/background means jack shit. Look at the characters so far, they are all super diverse races/ethnicities and now they are adding in sexual orientations. It feels forced and cringey. It's a shooter, nobody gives two shits about balance of ethnic diversity or which character is non-binary pansexuals. People play the game to frag, not celebrate how progressive the game is.
    Yea, "super progressive" is just code for the same thing. If you didn't care about the characters in the first place it wouldn't be an issue at all for these people who give two shits about diversity. When you say it feels forced and cringey, I don't understand. Do you care about it or not? If you didn't, you wouldn't feel anything.

If it's all about the gameplay then why are these people triggered?

Best thing to come of all this:

Don't understand why people get all worked up, like shit somehow affects your shooting other people in the face.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I think that's pretty cool! Imagine the triggering if they decided Zarya was gay though :O
    Mexican drug cartel customer support > Blizz CS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Eh. Mei is Bae.
    Headcanon, she's in a non-sexual relationship with Winston. Both scientists, her "The world is worth fighting for" loadout line is pretty much Winston, and they have a semi-flirting conversation when they compliment each other's glasses. Not sure how he feels about her correcting his equations on his blackboard, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Yea, "super progressive" is just code for the same thing. If you didn't care about the characters in the first place it wouldn't be an issue at all for these people who give two shits about diversity. When you say it feels forced and cringey, I don't understand. Do you care about it or not? If you didn't, you wouldn't feel anything.

If it's all about the gameplay then why are these people triggered?
    You know the kid in high school who was super edgy? He would try to always say the most shocking, controversial shit. Well that's Blizzard only on the opposite spectrum. It's like "hey look how super progressive and open minded we are, each month we're going to highlight a new minority!" It's cringy. It's like Blizzard is trying to win an Oscar or some award for most PC game ever created.

I don't care about the characters. Hell I don't even play the game anymore. I do however have eyes and can see what they are doing and their motives. It's trying to be a trailblazer in the gaming industry when 99% of the playerbase could give two shits.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    It's like "hey look how super progressive and open minded we are, each month we're going to highlight a new minority!" It's cringy. It's like Blizzard is trying to win an Oscar or some award for most PC game ever created.
    Well okay, just as long as you know that this is some speculative conspiracy theory concocted in the crevasse of a paranoid mind.

The only times I've cared about a character being gay were those two random NPC Khajiit in ESO and Lexington from Gargoyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Can I hope that it's Winston? Would that be wrong?
    That would probably be the only one I'd care about.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Can we stop involving games with Politically Correctness bullshit already?

For fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

For fucks sake.
    Why can't people make characters gay without a bunch of angry neckbeards raging about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

For fucks sake.
    nah, you can just get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why can't people make characters gay without a bunch of angry neckbeards raging about it?
    I see where you are coming from, no reason to baulk at orientation, but when I'm playing a shooter I don't care about any of the character's sexuality to be fair. Ever. I roll my eyes when the shoehorn shallow straight relationships into shooters as well. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I see where you are coming from, no reason to baulk at orientation, but when I'm playing a shooter I don't care about any of the character's sexuality to be fair. Ever. I roll my eyes when the shoehorn shallow straight relationships into shooters as well. Just sayin'.
    It's not even in the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    But Overwatch was never designed as just a shooter, but a story spanning different media with the game as one part of it. The part with the least story

My reaction to Tracer being a lesbian: 'wow a fictional character and their sexual orientation in private.'

And then I moved on.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    so wait... dose this translate in to every time that I kill a tracer and get a salty player from now on I will be accused of being a homophob? To tell the truth that would actually be kind of funny.

Merry Christmas, Overwatch SFM makers!

P.S.

Pharah appears to have a boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    inb4 Genji/Zenyatta sexy robo boy love.
    Not inb4 :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Lexington from Gargoyles.
    Holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Merry Christmas, Overwatch SFM makers!

P.S.

Pharah appears to have a boyfriend.
    Not really confirmed, he looks older and she mentions to Saleh in her own comic that she won't be buying dinner when he says 'no' to having survived. As likely as it does seem though, this is enough doubt on the subject for me to remain in denial and that PharMercy is actually real.

Appears to be 3 common responses:

Acceptance: Great, lets move on
    Neutral: I don't care, lets move on
    Triggered: I DON'T LIKE GAY DICSK IN MY GAMES WHY ARE THEY RUINING EVERYTHING SO POLITCALLY CORRECT THESE DAYS HUH GUYS OMG THIS IS SUCH A CONSPIRACY BLIZZARD ARE SELLOUTS WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST GET OVER IT CUCKS SAD PC

I will never stop believing in Pharmercy/Rocket Angel

also, now that we have gay/bi Tracer, her gf needs to die tragically and Widow turns out bi and WidowTracer aka best pairing in gaming right now, is complete

yesss, Blizzard, fuel my fantasies