Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Trust Blizzard to jump on the Irrational Games/Ubisoft/etc bandwagon. Once upon a time, they took it as a point of pride to be as apolitical as possible.
    That feeling when persons sexuality is only seen as "POLITICAL PROPAGANDA" by gamers on reddit and mmo-champion. If its not white-man-and-straight that is.. Since having female actors on Star wars and Mad max was seen as "political pandering scheme" to "minorities". Not as just a choice that fits to storyline.
    And "the division" having ONE LINE about female docs "wife" made ubisoft "Sjw pandering".

It was few panels of a comic. It wasnt full on comic about relationship between those two.

I'm once again baffled how people cry for more lore for OW - but when we get lore its "uuh, NOT LIKE THAT"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    That feeling when persons sexuality is only seen as "POLITICAL PROPAGANDA" by gamers on reddit and mmo-champion. If its not white-man-and-straight that is.. Since having female actors on Star wars and Mad max was seen as "political pandering scheme" to "minorities". Not as just a choice that fits to storyline.
    Way to strawman. You don't think there could be any kind of political motive in having the game's leading character/mascot turn out to be a lesbian? Or in your naivete, do you simply consider it to be a happy coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    And "the division" having ONE LINE about female docs "wife" made ubisoft "Sjw pandering".
    I'm referring to the likes of Watchdogs 2. Don't even try to defend that one.

Look everyone! Blizzard is pandering! Now everyone in lockstep applaud how open minded and diverse they are.

DO IT NOW, DAMN IT!

You don't want to be lumped in with all the Trump supporters, do you? DO YOU?!?

Gotta love all of the people saying that they "don't care if Tracer is gay" but Blizzard shouldn't have made it "a thing, a big deal", when they are the ones that are doing the best job at making it a big deal. The comic is not really about Tracer being gay. Is not the story of her discovering her sexuality, or falling in love with a girl, or suffering any sort of prejudice. Is not really a gay story. Its a silly, kinda of cliché but somewhat heartwarming christmas tale that has been told a bunch of times. If Tracer had come home to a guy it would be a non issue. She gave her partner a scarf, got a kiss, next scene.

In truth, it is actualyl kind of underplayed. Yes, her having a girlfriend, in the context of the comic, can be seen as a minor twist, but again, underplayed, since we don't know that she is buying the gift for a romantic partner, so no expectations, and we see a girl sitting on her couch way before the gift.
    Also, the comic is not only about Tracer. It shows many of the characters celebrating Christmas. Its about how those characters live their lives when they are not shooting things.

Frankly, I'm more interested in the fact that Sombra and McCree get boozed up in the same pub. It is something many people wanted to see: What the characters do, who do they interact with. Hell, Torb seems to be married and thats interesting.

So yeah, people are overracting. Even if Blizzard did this to pander to the LGBT community, Blizzard panders to their clients all of the time. They pander to our wishes to be burly strong orcs and to shot aliens in the face. Why can't LGBT people get something for them this Christmas?

Why does anyone give a shit either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Why does anyone give a shit either way?
    Because you have 2 sides
    the main colprute is the side that says ''I don't care if it's gay or not but don't make it gay''
    and you have the side that tries to point out the hypocrisy of this

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    How is this forced? It in a casual as hell Christmas comic.

I still don't understand how anyone cares one way or the other. Just enjoy the dam this for what it is. A silly Christmas comic.
    I don't care, its the fact that its such a highly publicized 'event' that makes it forced. Its like when you see a kids show and theres 4 friends

A black guy who is nerdy
    A white woman who is a bit of a tom boy
    An Indian woman who is like the leader of the group
    An usually another guy here. Either a white guy or an Asian guy.

Its fucking irrelevant. I don't care if they're 4 indian women, 4 black guys, 4 white guys, 4 bloody penguins for all i care.

But people go MENTAL if it wasn't like that. How DARE you not have a diverse cast. And thus, forced diversity.

Equality is about being equal. You aren't equal if the focus is entirely on you, entirely because of your sexuality, gender or race.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because you have 2 sides
    the main colprute is the side that says ''I don't care if it's gay or not but don't make it gay''
    and you have the side that tries to point out the hypocrisy of this
    Still don't understand why anyone cares. It's one panel in a comic, why do people care?

god who cares if there are some gay toons in a game?

poeple have probleme and its mostly inside there head if they are anoid by stuff like that...

allways makes me wonder why blizzard even listens to poeple crying for stuff like that.. i would just laugh and ignore stuff like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Please explain then, instead of leaving a silly reply like that.

I'm gay. Yes. I love games. Yes. But what I don't care for is making everything "LGBT friendly" It's a fucking shooting game. Why do we have to make characters gay? I just don't see a point that's all.

Anyway. I doubt we'll get anywhere in this conversation. No one will change my stance on things, just feels like being gay is a trend these days.
    They are not generic shooting character with no need for background.
    They are characters with a story, and when you write a character you need to create his persona and sexual orientation is a huge part of it. The vast majority of movies, books or video games depicting characters approached that question, and the longer you stick with that character the higher are the chance to know his sexuality. Tracer being a mascot of overwatch and depicted as a very social person, and is less weird to know her sexual orientation than not knowing it. I don't think Reaper's one will ever be discussed because his character is written to be distant and unlikely to be seen in that situation, it is not the case of Tracer.

the romantic component is omnipresent in our lives and culture. Having a character depicted homosexual is not pandering, it is quite normal.
    I don't need to "Yeah LGBT representation" (or "Bouh LGBT pandering") because it is now a globally accepted and part of our culture. Sometime it is forced "I want to add a gay character for representation sake" but in overwatch case no, it does not seem forced.
    Overwatch already approched several character history, tracer the mascot of overwatch finally got her.

I wonder if for the people who call for pandering for tracer ever find a gay fictionnal character not created for pandering.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec7205cd1; 2016-12-21 at 01:04 PM.

figures that the overall toxic MMO-C posters would trickle down from WoW into Overwatch too

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why its such a big deal. There are 24 or so characters in Overwatch. If this was real life, then statistically speaking, you could expect 2-3 to be LGBT. Blizzard mentioned over a year ago that a few of the Overwatch characters are, so I don't know why its such a shock. It was a small part of the comic and not really the focus of it. It re-used a pretty predictable Christmas story which I've seen several times already. The only difference was Tracer being female and being the one shopping. Every other show/movie I've seen using that story line had a male running around trying to get the gift for a female waiting at home. Emily wasn't really a twist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    figures that the overall toxic MMO-C posters would trickle down from WoW into Overwatch too
    It's not that your little contribution here isn't a golden nugget. But in general sweeping statements like this require some kind of explanation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I don't see why its such a big deal. There are 24 or so characters in Overwatch. If this was real life, then statistically speaking, you could expect 2-3 to be LGBT. Blizzard mentioned over a year ago that a few of the Overwatch characters are, so I don't know why its such a shock. It was a small part of the comic and not really the focus of it. It re-used a pretty predictable Christmas story which I've seen several times already. The only difference was Tracer being female and being the one shopping. Every other show/movie I've seen using that story line had a male running around trying to get the gift for a female waiting at home. Emily wasn't really a twist.
    The problem isn't that she is gay. The problem is "why do we nee so get told she is gay". We don't hear if any of the characters have an anal sex fixation. So why do we need to hear if some of them like having sex with the same gender

i dunno about FIRST gay character in games ... ciri in witcher was gay...she was gay in book and there was option to state she is gay in a mission in witcher 3!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It's not that your little contribution here isn't a golden nugget. But in general sweeping statements like this require some kind of explanation

- - - Updated - - -

The problem isn't that she is gay. The problem is "why do we nee so get told she is gay". We don't hear if any of the characters have an anal sex fixation. So why do we need to hear if some of them like having sex with the same gender
    Because that is a part of character developement.
    Tracer is not the only character in Overwatch to have a romantic history.

It is the same everywhere.
    Do we need to know the sexuality of Bruce Wayne ? Do we know it ?
    It is really hard to find a main character in any story where we don't know his sexual orientation at some point.

For tracer it is not different from any character , so no it is not pandering, it is just more to the character background.
    It is just one page in one the tons of content released by Blizzard yet, but somehow it is "Constant pandering".

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    but...butbut... Tracer is... my waifu

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

/cry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    Because that is a part of character developement.
    Tracer is not the only character in Overwatch to have a romantic history.

It is the same everywhere.
    Do we need to know the sexuality of Bruce Wayne ? Do we know it ?
    It is really hard to find a main character in any story where we don't know his sexual orientation at some point.

For tracer it is not different from any character , so no it is not pandering, it is just more to the character background.
    It is just one page in one the tons of content released by Blizzard yet, but somehow it is "Constant pandering".

I care as little about the romantic history of the others as I do for tracer. You don't need to show physical contact or actually say it to imply relationships. We could just see her living with a woman and be free to form our own conclusion.

why would anyone care in what hole does who take what genital...

Deleted
    I care as little about the romantic history of the others as I do for tracer. You don't need to show physical contact or actually say it to imply relationships. We could just see her living with a woman and be free to form our own conclusion.

And what would be the point of that ?

(A) We weren't told she's gay.
    (B) We actually don't even know if she's gay. Think about it.
    (C) That same comic had like 3-5 portrayals of heterosexual relationships, and yet nobody's complaining about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.