Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its a real simple test if you have a fresh 110. Get a couple of caches at ilvl ~800 and keep them unopened, then get some crafted epics / loot / whatever to push your ilevel to 840 and open those caches. If caches give you 835 loot, that means their content is dynamic. If they give you ilevel 810 loot, that means their content is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    But since you are set in your mind that this works, go ahead :-)

http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/4311143050.htm
    I haven't set my mind on anything, as I wrote in my post! I wanted objective evidence, that's all. That link was much more informative than the previous, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    and you whole thing about BLP cannot possibly work like that because it would easily be open for abuse.

the game knows as soon as you get a cache if you have a legendary there or not and calculate your blp. If that wasnt the case the easy way to abuse the system would be to not open any cache for 2 months and get extremely high BLP and get all legendary. Let me reassure you, it does not work that way ;-)
    I gave multiple scenarios of how it might work, so yeah, it definitely works in one of the ways I mention. I mean, most likely the very first one I wrote... and as outlined in each scenario, you shouldn't actually lose BLP whether or not you open the caches.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSector View Post
    I haven't set my mind on anything, as I wrote in my post! I wanted objective evidence, that's all. That link was much more informative than the previous, thanks

I gave multiple scenarios of how it might work, so yeah, it definitely works in one of the ways I mention. I mean, most likely the very first one I wrote... and as outlined in each scenario, you shouldn't actually lose BLP whether or not you open the caches.
    ok please carry on your experimentation and post here your findings when the patch hits. i ll bookmark this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thano View Post
    I don't understand. You will still gain bad luck protection (getting increased chance to loot a legy) when looting every box after 7.1.5 hits. So how would this matter if you want the shoulders as next legendary and e.g. not the chest?
    You obtain a chest

There MAY already be a legendary in that chest, say todays, but you save it.

Instead of getting that legendary your BLP assumably keeps rolling up until you actually loot it

@psyquest people HAVE been abusing this believing they'd get more legendaries, and given all the other things being abused this expansion and blizzards lack of actual awareness as to what the legendaries current state is on live it's not hard to believe it'd go under the radar. Most people aren't willing to wait for months without a legendary to possibly get more at the end, though.

FWIW 2 months of caches by themselves is not much BLP still. You're unlikely to suddenly get 4 legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    the loot from a chest is set when obtaining it, now when opening it
    this was proen long ago as if you opened a chest, then the servers were rolled back, the item would be the same, but if you got rolled back to before you got the chest, and got the same one, from the same thing, it would be differant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You obtain a chest

There MAY already be a legendary in that chest, say todays, but you save it.

Instead of getting that legendary your BLP assumably keeps rolling up until you actually loot it

@psyquest people HAVE been abusing this believing they'd get more legendaries, and given all the other things being abused this expansion and blizzards lack of actual awareness as to what the legendaries current state is on live it's not hard to believe it'd go under the radar. Most people aren't willing to wait for months without a legendary to possibly get more at the end, though.

FWIW 2 months of caches by themselves is not much BLP still. You're unlikely to suddenly get 4 legendaries.
    is there any statisical or factual evidence of this claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is 99.9% not the case. People would have greatly abused it by rolling new character (bonus Legendary drop rate) and just looting WQ boxes without doing anything else.

What OP suggested might be worth testing but I wouldn't expect for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    This is 99.9% not the case. People would have greatly abused it by rolling new character (bonus Legendary drop rate) and just looting WQ boxes without doing anything else.

What OP suggested might be worth testing but I wouldn't expect for it to work.
    You mean like those chars people keep linking who do this then get multiple legendaries in a row?

We don't have enough evidence either way and your are both foolish for writing it off with absolutely nothing to show otherwise.. FelPlague in particular I seem to remember you in both the 4 softcap thread and the original people getting multiples easily thread saying similar.

We don't know. There's no guarantee there's no disadvantage and there is SOME evidence that it may be (I'm not saying it's certain but that's because I understand statistics). We also can't take blizzards word for it since we know they've manipulated legendary drops multiple times.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like those chars people keep linking who do this then get multiple legendaries in a row?
    Out of curiosity, do you have a link to this topic? Because if there is significant proof of this (like there was for 4 legs cap) I'll feel like an absolute fool.

Also, unlike Felplague, I am one of people that absolutely believed the circumstancial evidence about the shitshow that was the legendary system (4 soft cap/if you get one, you get more quicker bug); before Exorsus even made the post that forced Blizzard's hand.

I don't keep this stuff on hand, but I know there was a few armories being linked due to a certain draenei death knight alt who had used the same method to gain 3 legendaries in 24 hours.

I'll also add that I'll personally be saving up since I feel it's the better side to be on here, just wanted to point out there's no certainty we aren't 'losing out' at all by holding. There's also the case where if BLP did reset before looting, you could roll away a legendary when it's (assumably) regenerated on the patch and not get one in return.

If there's anything I've learned playing this game over the years it's this,
    "Anything in possible due to miscommunication or human error."

Technically it does - you will lose some of the bad luck protection you may have accumulated post that legendary via any dungeons, pugs, lfr's, whatever you do until .1.5
    but on the other hand, if the game doesnt actually know you looted the legendary and doesnt reset your bad luck protection, you actually have way better odds of getting another legendary if you keep chests unopened...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    but on the other hand, if the game doesnt actually know you looted the legendary and doesnt reset your bad luck protection, you actually have way better odds of getting another legendary if you keep chests unopened...
    That's one of the reasons you do it, yes. Why do you think people are avoiding doing dungeons right now if the ring? To not risk resetting their BLP shortly before the patch comes out.

As mentioned I am saving up just incase it makes any positive impact to getting the shoulders, but logically blizzard would discourage this behaviour before patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    unless the dev are not stupid and loot in the cache is determined when the cache is spawned and what inside get them to calculate your loot protection accordingly....

They've proven multiple times they've handled BLP, and legendaries in general, in a 'stupid' manner.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    As far as i know: the loot inside of the Box is fix the moment you loot the box.
    So collecting doesn't make sense.
    That's not true. I did the three emissionary quests on my alt to get the 30 world quests done for the order hall campaign. I forgot about the loot cache, and opened them weeks later when I had 840+ gear. I got non upgraded 835 gear from it, while when I was handing in the quest I would have gotten blue 800 (or 810?) base itemlevel gear.

The linked article about how loot is determined is completely outdated, and predates personal loot completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    That's not true. I did the three emissionary quests on my alt to get the 30 world quests done for the order hall campaign. I forgot about the loot cache, and opened them weeks later when I had 840+ gear. I got non upgraded 835 gear from it, while when I was handing in the quest I would have gotten blue 800 (or 810?) base itemlevel gear.

The linked article about how loot is determined is completely outdated, and predates personal loot completely.
    Most convincing post Ive seen that loot is determined when you open them. Will keep saving mine for now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    Most convincing post Ive seen that loot is determined when you open them. Will keep saving mine for now
    That's ilvl, not gear; the gear could have already been determined, and the ilvl set at time of opening.

Legendaries would not be affected by this.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    That's ilvl, not gear; the gear could have already been determined, and the ilvl set at time of opening.

Legendaries would not be affected by this.
    As was the point of most of my comments - while there are possible negatives to not opening they're not even conclusive when compared with the fact we KNOW containers in the past have regenerated on patches.

There's very little loss to waiting if you have the ring already. Either nothing happens and you lost basically nothing, or you gain an advantage for waiting it out.

Yes, in an ideal world blizzard would change this but personally I will save until they do. Let's remind they weren't even aware of our legendary being bugged when they changed it on ptr.

7+ Year Old Account
    As was the point of most of my comments - while there are possible negatives to not opening they're not even conclusive when compared with the fact we KNOW containers in the past have regenerated on patches.

There's very little loss to waiting if you have the ring already. Either nothing happens and you lost basically nothing, or you gain an advantage for waiting it out.

Yes, in an ideal world blizzard would change this but personally I will save until they do. Let's remind they weren't even aware of our legendary being bugged when they changed it on ptr.
    Yeah, not being aware of a bug and intentionally resetting caches are hilariously different things.

But enjoy not getting that legendary until you open a post-7.1.5 cache, yo.
    disco inferno

@vulena I have the ring, belt, & boots. What possible legendary could I want from the caches pre 7.1.5?

As mentioned elsewhere - I would most want Prydaz out of the current available for the survival benefits. That's how useless the rest are as options.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-12-22 at 12:09 AM.