Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's right there at the end of the dungeon, though:
    Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.

Or, much more directly, in his dungeon journal entry:
    "Now living outside of time, Murozond was once the great Dragon Aspect Nozdormu the Timeless One. After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented Nozdormu was tricked by the Old Gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, Nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight... jeopardizing the very future of Azeroth."
    I never did that dungeon when it was current content, I've only done it in Timewalking so I wasn't really paying attention to the lore or what anyone was saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seemed like Warlords of Draenor was starting to build up to that, but it got dropped.
    Just like pretty much everything from early alpha/beta? lol Kairoz was up to some crazy things, and Garrosh simply kills him before he had the chance to create a truly unstoppable army of millions of timelines... WoW, now that I think about it Garrosh really was dense wasn't he?

"Wut Dragon, you have way to give me infinite army? Go do"
    "Hmm, me no trust dragon" *stabs Kairoz in back with magic time shard.
    "Now time go meet daddy... Me have daddy issues"

Fast forward a year and a patch later, Hey guys, lets just make the game about becoming a terrible prequel for Legion! Forget all the other storylines we had going! TO LEGION WE GO!
    Kinda reminds me of parts of Cata...

OT: Odyn could also believe that the only way to truly stop the legion would be to let loose an old god and since we now know from Chronicles that the Legion is basically out there just to kill old god infested worlds the old gods would have to fight back the legion in order to survive. Only to screw the heroes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    JFast forward a year and a patch later, Hey guys, lets just make the game about becoming a terrible prequel for Legion! Forget all the other storylines we had going! TO LEGION WE GO!
    It was always meant to lead into Legion, but yeah, they REALLY dropped the ball on most of the story threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like pretty much everything from early alpha/beta? lol Kairoz was up to some crazy things, and Garrosh simply kills him before he had the chance to create a truly unstoppable army of millions of timelines... WoW, now that I think about it Garrosh really was dense wasn't he?

"Wut Dragon, you have way to give me infinite army? Go do"
    "Hmm, me no trust dragon" *stabs Kairoz in back with magic time shard.
    "Now time go meet daddy... Me have daddy issues"

Fast forward a year and a patch later, Hey guys, lets just make the game about becoming a terrible prequel for Legion! Forget all the other storylines we had going! TO LEGION WE GO!
    Kinda reminds me of parts of Cata...

OT: Odyn could also believe that the only way to truly stop the legion would be to let loose an old god and since we now know from Chronicles that the Legion is basically out there just to kill old god infested worlds the old gods would have to fight back the legion in order to survive. Only to screw the heroes over.
    Correct, the Legion was always the next big war(Hur hur Warcraft) how we got there was different then what we got. Oh well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the Dream and the shadowlands have always been there as far as we know, no one created them. BUT the void was around a long time before either came into being since the void was around before the origin of the universe.
    Chronicles says that the Dream was created by Keeper Freya, though a sidebar speculates that Freya may have created the Dream from a pre-existing realm, possibly the dreams of the nascent Titan. It also speculates that she may have created the realm from nothing. It's pretty clear Freya had a major role in shaping it into its current state and binding the spirits of the Wild Gods to it, so she could be thought of as the creator of the Dream's current incarnation.

Not much in Chronicles about the Shadowlands, just that they've existed since mortal life first arose in the universe.

Well that's interesting, I though that once the aspects became simple dragons that Murozond was prevented from coming into being... Now I demand more Caverns of time 5 mans! If his existance is truly fated no matter what that means we must still fight back against the infinite dragonflight, therefore we shall have more Caverns of Time 5 mans! Where my CoT time travel shenanigans at?
    There are infinite drakes in Nighthold. Just fyi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    I have done a bit of research and tried to put some pieces of the puzzle together. It wasn't that hard of a puzzle though, but it is a really interesting theory now that I think about it more.

Here some quotes that have questionable definition:

Il'Gynoth whispers: "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path." - The Pillars of Creation probably. Odyn had one (the Aegis) that he gave to us.

Il'Gynoth whispers: "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming." - I am not entriely sure about this, but it could be a reference to maybe Helya or Sylvanas. Odyn turned Helya into a Valkyr (death #1), then we defeated her in Helheim (death #2). Death #3???
    Sylvanas has only died once so far and got turned into an undead. Idk how often she died using her Valkyrs though.
    Both of them are linked to Odyn in one way or another. Sylvanas wants to consume the Spirit of Eyir (Odyn's Valkyr servant) or something like that and even made a "deal" with Helya when we went to Helheim. Helya has an obvious link to Odyn.

Il'Gynoth whispers: "Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below." - Halls of Valor are very bright on the surface. Helheim is indirectly below and belongs to a plane of the Shadowlands.

Xal'atath whispers: "Odyn was a great enemy... until his own arrogance proved his undoing. You should ask him if he's considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead." - I have no evidence of his last words (maybe someone can confirm this), but I assume he told him to stay in the Halls of Valor as his last words.

Xal'atath whispers: "Helya and her cult are strong here. So close to the truth, yet so far. (in Helheim)" - Helheim is a plane of the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands are the origin of the Void iirc. The Emerald Nightmare is also a plane of the Shadowlands. Maybe N'Zoth is also located somewhere in a plane of the Shadowlands or even deeper and Helheim is/was very close to that, since it is/was located beneath the sea iirc.

Finally a very interesting whisper from Il'Gynoth:
    "The lord of ravens will turn the key." - Without further background knowledge, it sounds like Lord Kur'Talos Ravencrest is the most likely candidate, but that's kind of boring and he's dead anyway. Medivh and Khadgar are also potential candidates with a more interesting backstory, but there's one more...

Now to an interesting linking fact:
    While disguised as Havi, Odyn is accompanied by two ravens named Huginn and Muninn. In Norse myth, these ravens belonged to Odinand flew across the world, known as Midgard, to bring him information.

If I put all pieces together:
    1. Pillars of Creation are the keys. = 1 Key
    2. Lord of the ravens turns the key. Odyn is the lord of two ravens.
    3. Loken's final words to Odyn might've been those that told him to stay in the Halls of Valor. Odyn is free now.
    4. Sylvanas made a deal with Helya. And at the hour of her third death she will consume Eyir? Odyn will enrage and accidently set N'Zoth free?

This as far as I got with my theorycrafting. Let me know what you think and if you can confirm some of my unsure statements/facts above.
    The Lord of Ravens is Khadgar, the apprentice to Medivh, both of whom use the raven form.

Deleted
    My prediction:

Odyn will try to awaken N'zoth because he wants N'zoth's powers for himself. Odyn fails and gets killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grand Magistrix Elisande (boss before Gul'dan in Nighthold) could also be the one that dies three times since she has 3 phases in her fight where as she dies she rewinds time. She cannot turn back time on the third death and finally succumbs to her fate.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Grand Magistrix Elisande (boss before Gul'dan in Nighthold) could also be the one that dies three times since she has 3 phases in her fight where as she dies she rewinds time. She cannot turn back time on the third death and finally succumbs to her fate.
    Interesting theory. Don't exactly know how she will be linked to the old gods or anything, but it's a great catch of her actual fight.

we know that kvaldyr fight nagas.
    we slain helya and her kvaldyr.
    nobody fight naga and them invade us.
    odyn realizes his herpderp

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    we know that kvaldyr fight nagas.
    we slain helya and her kvaldyr.
    nobody fight naga and them invade us.
    odyn realizes his herpderp
    And? Many locals animals fight the naga and they are still aggressive toward us and dont forget the kvaldir have attacked both horde and alliance since wrath

But one thing... Priests use Claw of N'Zoth, it's means N'Zoth has been defeated. No?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    But one thing... Priests use Claw of N'Zoth, it's means N'Zoth has been defeated. No?
    Or you know, it could just be remainder of his Body from the black empire war against the titan-forged. N'Zoth has been battled against and imprisoned, so I assume that he lost flesh during those fights.

It seemed like Warlords of Draenor was starting to build up to that, but it got dropped.
    Thankfully. And possibly rightfully so. Unless you have a tightly constructed universe, time travelling as a story device usually becomes an exposition dump.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas has died three times from my understanding. Once before she got turned, a second time and a val'kyr ressed her and then a third time in one of the book while she was at the Icecrown Citadel and multiple val'kyr had to die to save her. So it is more likely to be Helya with that theory. We might kill her again somehow as a Demon for the Burning Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    No Odyn isnt not the key to Nzoth. One pillar alone is the key. The one related to the sea aka The Tidestone, which is heavy implied in the Q/A at blizzcon 2016.

Nagas are sneaky
    did you even fucking read the post? hes saying odyn will be the one to use the pillars for us...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    1 its a skin, 2 its a live item, so it most likely fell off of him..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The Lord of Ravens is Khadgar, the apprentice to Medivh, both of whom use the raven form.
    the raven form comes from the staff, khadgar is just using it, and he is not the guardian, but he could be it, but no one has called or pointed to him as the lord of the ravens, when odyn has...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    did you even fucking read the post? hes saying odyn will be the one to use the pillars for us...
    Thank you. I didn't feel the need to replying to that post. Felt it was a trollattempt.

Yes, I do indeed mean that Odyn USES the keys (or just one for that matter) in order to free N'Zoth somehow. However, regarding that ONE key theory (the tidestone), it doesn't comply with the whisper from Il'Gynoth implying "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path". <-- This whisper implies that there are FIVE keys (unless Il'Gynoth just wants to mess with our heads), thus five pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    Even though Odyn was pretty much right in the end about the dragon aspects there's no reason to believe anyone or anything is immune to corruption. If even such powerfully good beings like Sargeras and Ysera can be corrupted what hope actually is there for Odyn's Titanforged warriors?
    Heyla herself has already shown she is able to corrupted the titanforged. Its the quest you do to find out what she his up to before you go into Trial of Valor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    Thank you. I didn't feel the need to replying to that post. Felt it was a trollattempt.

Yes, I do indeed mean that Odyn USES the keys (or just one for that matter) in order to free N'Zoth somehow. However, regarding that ONE key theory (the tidestone), it doesn't comply with the whisper from Il'Gynoth implying "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path". <-- This whisper implies that there are FIVE keys (unless Il'Gynoth just wants to mess with our heads), thus five pillars.
    the thing about the old gods is they are deceptive, and evil... but they tell the truth... thats the scarey part
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content