Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The right wing figured out you could use social media as a tool for agit prop and to bash woman and minorities at 3am.
    Seems more like a problem with the content of what the left wing was selling when they had domination over 90% of the media and still lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    It's Zombergy, case it wasn't obvious. Yes, there's a name change (although I wasn't aware of it before Trump-inspired nicks began proliferating, either).
    To be fair, the Simpsons predicted it like 15 years ago
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    And we all thought it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, it makes perfect sense. The vast majority of the fake news gets around via social media.

And, you can stop worrying about what they mean by fake news. I know you are putting quotes around it because you are worried about your precious Fox News being called fake news, but none of the lists of fake news includes Fox News. Fox News is just heavily RW twisted like Huffington Post is on the other side.

Here is a guide to help you in the future...it isn't perfect, but it's pretty accurate overall.

I think CNN needs to shift to the left at least one category but other than that it looks good. Glad to see MSNBC is far left as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Actually, it makes perfect sense. The vast majority of the fake news gets around via social media.

And, you can stop worrying about what they mean by fake news. I know you are putting quotes around it because you are worried about your precious Fox News being called fake news, but none of the lists of fake news includes Fox News. Fox News is just heavily RW twisted like Huffington Post is on the other side.

Here is a guide to help you in the future...it isn't perfect, but it's pretty accurate overall.

Yet in viewership for the entire year fox news is the most watched cable channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yet in viewership for the entire year fox news is the most watched cable channel.
    Because most liberals like to hang out in reality-land with NYT and WP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Seems more like a problem with the content of what the left wing was selling when they had domination over 90% of the media and still lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats an amusing statistic. What is it based on?

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I love how it's 2016 and people still have no idea what "conservatives" or "liberals" are. Amazing. Keep using words you don't know guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daefish View Post
    I think CNN needs to shift to the left at least one category but other than that it looks good. Glad to see MSNBC is far left as well.
    They really arent. Their is no far left mainstream news source. The overton window of political discussion wont allow it. If it were youd have far mkre substantive criticism of existing economic and power systems.

I'm registered as an Independent but I'd say I probably lean more toward democrat than republican. However, the reason why Clinton lost it because she was the only choice they gave us from the moment she lost in 2012. Sanders really didn't get to pick up steam till toward the end and that's a shame. Until the DNC gets rid of Donna Brazile who clearly helped collude with Clinton's Campaign and the others that purposefully tried to bury sanders they'll never have any credibility. Clinton did not lose because of the email scandal or the email announcement. She lost because she was always a flawed candidate. I do however believe Johnson and Stein did take a lot of votes away from her but I still don't think that would have closed the gap in the battle ground states.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Because most liberals like to hang out in reality-land with NYT and WP.
    Yeah liberals like looking at made up polls and cherrypicking the results that suit them. It's really all those sites have going for them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Liberals don´t believe in religion eh?

Also it´s not "Religion should be abolished and it is has no worth in society" but rather "Religion should be abolished from government property because you know, the constitution?!"
    First off, it makes perfect sense that more Democrats are religous than Republicans. Blacks and Latinos are very strong in their faith, particularly Latinos. They unfortunately gravitate towards the party that gives them free stuff, tells them they are victims, offers to legalize their illegal family members, etc.

Second, the Constitution does NOT say religion needs to be abolished from government property. That was the unintended consequences of the 14th amendment combined with an idiotic interpretation by the Supreme Court:

The Establishment clause, as written, specifically only applies to Congress (who makes the laws) and the federal government. This is undeniable.

So what changed? The 14th Amendment which forbade states from depriving someone of life, liberty, property without Due Process. Seems pretty innocent right? So how does an individual having Due Process rights forbid communities and states from having crosses on public land? It doesn't but.....

In 1947 the Supreme Court used the 14th Amendment to conclude that the Establishment Clause also applied to states. They also used a letter written by Thomas Jefferson (after the Bill of Rights was signed) that mentioned "wall of separation" as the basis for this conclusion.

The Bill of Rights was written as a limiting document with limits on what the Federal government could do. Any rights not explicitly given to the Federal government as stated clearly in the 10th amendment: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Our founding fathers believed in States rights and Individual rights and were worried about the Federal government having too much power (edit: boy were they right).
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez