Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looting thunderfury bindings as sin or sub?

Quick question as I didn't want to necro the old thread and wowhead etc. was inconclusive.

Do I need to have loot spec as outlaw to loot the bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by Impair View Post
    Yes you do
    Are you 100% sure or are you just guessing? the majority of the posts says no, and some say yes.

So, can anyone confirm that you have to be outlaw lootspecced ? Would suck really, as i would hate to get my next legendary for outlaw.

No you don't. I looted my Vault bindings as assassination. I've yet to get the Nelth ones to drop.

Deleted
    You can loot them in assa/sub specialization, atleast thats how I looted them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Quick question as I didn't want to necro the old thread and wowhead etc. was inconclusive.

Do I need to have loot spec as outlaw to loot the bindings?
    100% no you dont, i looted the part from neths lair in asas spec and asas loot spec, i wasnt even trying for it

Thanks for the answers. Back to farming!

Deleted
    Got mine as assa spec+ loot spec in a mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptenpewpew View Post
    Got mine as assa spec+ loot spec in a mythic +
    You can get them from m+ runs? Thought you couldn't

I got my Neltharion's Lair binding from a M+ chest, and my Vault binding from a Heroic kill. In both cases my loot spec was set to Assassination.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Anyone else think its bullshit the world boss hidden skins are 100% drop chance now but even at artifact knowledge level 23 or higher I gotta pray to RNGjesus for such a mighty transmog like the thunderfury which is time limited like all of legions legendary weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

And as others have said, doesnt matter what spec you are in to loot the bindings. Just like looting the other specs hidden skins.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Anyone else think its bullshit the world boss hidden skins are 100% drop chance now but even at artifact knowledge level 23 or higher I gotta pray to RNGjesus for such a mighty transmog like the thunderfury which is time limited like all of legions legendary weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

And as others have said, doesnt matter what spec you are in to loot the bindings. Just like looting the other specs hidden skins.
    I don't know if u heard but if u have one color unlocked from thunderfury u can use it on your weapon even if you don't have the original color unlocked.
    I just found out yesterday and my jaw dropped.Just make sure you don't have your weapons transmogged into other weapons.
    Ill make a post on rogue forum in case others like me didn't knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    I don't know if u heard but if u have one color unlocked from thunderfury u can use it on your weapon even if you don't have the original color unlocked.
    I just found out yesterday and my jaw dropped.Just make sure you don't have your weapons transmogged into other weapons.
    Ill make a post on rogue forum in case others like me didn't knew.
    Im aware but its a bug that can be fixed at any time. Although at the rate bugs in legion are getting fixed may have the free appearance for awhile.

And you need to unlock at least one specs hidden skin to unlock the 3rd and 4th appearance.

I have 3 of the thunderfury skins unlocked (all except the 1st one) despite never having played outlaw and only having the sub hidden skins. It seems bugged.

Got the Vault binding as sub with sub loot spec in an M+ chest. you can farm it any way you like.

You're better off unlocking your Sin hidden appearance, it unlocks for other specs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tvp6987 View Post
    You're better off unlocking your Sin hidden appearance, it unlocks for other specs as well.
    I dont get it. I got sin and sub unlocked original hidden skin, but I have no option to select any variety of thunderfury as outlaw.

I dont get it. I got sin and sub unlocked original hidden skin, but I have no option to select any variety of thunderfury as outlaw.
    You need to have an additional beyond the original hidden one for that to work. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You need to have an additional beyond the original hidden one for that to work. Allegedly.
    Interesting. I need three more WQ's to unlock the next one, so I'll post back later and verify if it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Tested it and it worked. If I had known that from start I would have spend my time doing WQ's instead of the many, many, many Nelth and Vauts runs

Interesting. I need three more WQ's to unlock the next one, so I'll post back later and verify if it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Tested it and it worked. If I had known that from start I would have spend my time doing WQ's instead of the many, many, many Nelth and Vauts runs
    You are still going to need to get both bindings and finish the quest before legion expansion is over if you plan on being able to keep the appearance as a transmog. doing the WQ/pvp kills/dungeons thing is a bug. Doesn't count it like you truely have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.