Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can they ban people who think we need 80 pronouns to label people and refuse to recognize the presence of the X and Y chromosome? That's more absurd than the most ridiculous climate change denier and isn't fake news, it's pure fantasy.
    There's only X or Y ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    So can the thread actually get back on the topic instead of being gender debate and insult slinging? Seems like it's the same people derailing every single thread.
    It's on topic... this is just an example of how Facebook or social media recruit, according to the lawsuit. This thread is performance art...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What a colossal waste of the courts time.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-12-21 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, that's the problem here.
    More inconsequential garbage. Thanks, but if you're going for the clever, witty persona, try to at least be clever or witty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's a horrible analogy on the simple fact that you are changing mentally ill, to incompatible. They actually have similar intended meaning, but with mentally ill being pejorative.
    Because it seems to me to be more a compatibility issue. Are IOS and Linux mentally ill for being terrible at compatibility with many programs/games? The question being; why is something automatically faulty, if it doesn't work with something it's not supposed to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    The fact that the exceptions to this statement are disorders (and exceptions) should tell you the general, if not overwhelming, trend is to have either that X or Y.

Those are... those... are disorders.
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are weirdo twins... they used to be the same, like every other autosomes. If they never changed, our gender could have been determined by temperature of incubation. Funky stuff...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The thing just is, that you can't change the software in humans, but you can tinker with the computer You just need to adapt the analogy to how humans work.
    There are various ways to change the "software" in humans and we haven't even been researching it fully because it would be unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    So can the thread actually get back on the topic instead of being gender debate and insult slinging? Seems like it's the same people derailing every single thread.
    Sure the lawsuit will get rejected just like a previous one did. Really not much else to say on this topic. This is a go absolutely nowhere case.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...88714964894370

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/r-orl...cebook-2016-12

I applaud them for standing up to these social media giants.
    What a ridiculous lawsuit. Can they also sue the Verizon for empowering the shooters ability to call?

Google-Twitter-Facebook doesn't want to fight something like this, and I'm sure they would quietly donate monies to the families just because, but if the families push this suit, the companies will fight back - and win.

The Colorado movie theater shooting suit against Regal(?) is a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    There are various ways to change the "software" in humans and we haven't even been researching it fully because it would be unethical.
    Yes, sorry but I would not advocate torturing people with conversion therapy, or lobotomizing their brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Hey, here's an exception to the overwhelming norm! Therefore everything is totally wrong!
    There are more, but even one throws a wrench into your binary narrative. Also, look at all the mentions of "everything" being wrong in what you quoted... Oh, wait, it's you spewing more straw. How about you chew your food with closed mouth? The spill from your mouth isn't particularly appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Those are... those... are disorders.
    Yes, they are. These happen. Calling a lot of these male or female would be factually wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it seems to me to be more a compatibility issue. Are IOS and Linux mentally ill for being terrible at compatibility with many programs/games? The question being; why is something automatically faulty, if it doesn't work with something it's not supposed to?
    No, I would say it's worse to say they are incomparable, than it's a mental illness. It's in the same way you shouldn't call a disabled person, an invalid. All you are doing is arguing semantics on how to say different from the norm. I always thought a far tactful argument is to say none of us are the norm and our differences only mater when they confront ones ideals. The issue isn't that they are incompatible or mentally ill or different, but why is this change from the norm so abhorrent? I don't give a shit what gender people are, so my approach would be wondering why others do, not splitting hairs over how to say different...

No, I am arguing in good faith. What percentage of people diagnosed with gender dysphoria suffer from clinical depression or other psychological ailments. What this FAQ is clearly doing is catering to the progressive argument that because 1/30 doesn't have this trait, we can't state said trait is found in a demographic. It goes on to say that if only we could change society, some of these people wouldn't suffer. Think about that. There argument isn't that .01% of the population may be irregular, it's that we need to change the other 99.99% to accept the dreams of an incredibly small minority. That isn't a logical argument. It's one heavily influenced by outside interests.

The real reason the APA won't be reclassifying gender dysphoria as a non mental disorder is because the majority of people who suffer from it are in poverty and require medicaid to get treatment. If it's no longer a disorder, these people no longer qualify for medical assistance.
    Ah, yes. APA's DSM (that doesn't say what you think it does) is totes legit, but APA's further commentary on the issue is to be thrown into garbage because ermahgerd, pandering to the progressives. Dat integrity and lack of special pleading. What makes it even funnier is that the changes in this area present in DSM-5 in comparison to DSM-IV were made for reasons that can be safely called progressive. But DSM-5 is still fine and dandy. Do go on about the good faith you're arguing in
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

What should we call them other than abnormalities? What percentage of people suffer from these? .001%, .00001%? Someone with 4 X Chromosomes is still going to project the physical traits of a female. Creating new words to define people that are so rare a normal person will never encounter them is disingenuous. But fine, we can limit new pronouns to only these people. That just eliminated all but 4 or 5 college professors from ever having to say anything more than "her" or "him".
    Some of these are as likely as 1 in 200.

Yes, sorry but I would not advocate torturing people with conversion therapy, or lobotomizing their brains.
    But that's exactly what your analogy was advocating which is why I said it was terrible.

Yes, they are. These happen. Calling a lot of these male or female would be factually wrong.
    Implying that disorders and failure for gametes to properly segregate chromosomes are actually a valid separate sex is factually wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There are more, but even one throws a wrench into your binary narrative. Also, look at all the mentions of "everything" being wrong in what you quoted... Oh, wait, it's you spewing more straw. How about you chew your food with closed mouth? The spill from your mouth isn't particularly appealing.
    Lmao, exactly like Deepak Chopra. Take something like transgenderism and morph it in to "gender doesn't even exist!" and "there's an infinite number of genders" etc. You morons completely damage the fucking transgender acceptance movement.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-12-21 at 06:56 PM.

Implying that disorders and failure for gametes to properly segregate chromosomes are actually a valid separate sex is factually wrong.
    Considering that earliest lifeforms were asexual and sex itself might possibly be a mutation or disorder, I fail to see your point.