I am buying it friday.
    Any tips?
    How annoying are the PC controls?
    Is this one of the master 1 of each role games?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    I am buying it friday.
    Any tips?
    It's a master 5 or 6 Heroes, doesn't hugely matter which roles but at least one of each is a good start; you really need to try a few to get a handle on what works for you, some will, some won't. PC controls are pretty standard WASD + Mouse basically, although you can fully customise your keybinds if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's a master 5 or 6 Heroes, doesn't hugely matter which roles but at least one of each is a good start; you really need to try a few to get a handle on what works for you, some will, some won't. PC controls are pretty standard WASD + Mouse basically, although you can fully customise your keybinds if you prefer.
    Okay thanks.
    I fully expect to lose alot while i get use to things.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I dont know how and why but this works better in quickmatch than rank....
    I win more in quickmatch where people dont communictae than I do in rank (I fell from almost 1700 to ~900, and once I got kicked from the game and couldn't rejoin and lost 100 points which I just somehow earned)
    My guess is that you play to win and you pick to win.

When I play quick I play for giggles so I try out new characters that I know is generally crap (bastion, hanzo), one of the reason why I like the mystery hero arcade is because it's random and I can get new characters at every death even though the experience kind of sucks half the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought 24 loot boxes, because it's Christmas. Got my Scrooge skin, so I'm going to have to try to get some more McCree time, it's gorgeous. Mei-rry skin too; that Iceblock model is definitely worth the Legendary status, people seem to have calmed down over it now it's a bit more prevalent and they're seeing it. No Nutcracker, Yeti or Santa skin for Torb, but I prefer Sunyatta and I don't play Torb so that's okay, think I prefer Undersea though but would probably use Yeti since I've not seen anyone with it yet. Already had the Symm and Widow intros.

Some good games tonight as Ana, think she's actually my best hero alongside D.Va, both are just so versatile and invariably useful. One match I hit 45% of damage healed and perpetually slept their Bastion - you know when you can feel that player raging Still prefer playing Widow and Sombra though, it's just harder to be impactful with them. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    My guess is that you play to win and you pick to win.

When I play quick I play for giggles so I try out new characters that I know is generally crap (bastion, hanzo), one of the reason why I like the mystery hero arcade is because it's random and I can get new characters at every death even though the experience kind of sucks half the time.
    first 20 matches I played support and wanted to play with teamwork but that didnt work,
    (yes almost all 20 lost) then I said fck just want to play a bit pick dva or soldier and go solo. I still dont know why but that works better...

i had another question but i forgot it.
    dont you hate it when that happens?

anyway hopefully i will remember by tomorrow.

I got Nutcracker Zenyatta.

I mean, I guess I might as well use it, since I'm starting to try to branch out to characters I still have under 6-7 hours of gameplay as.

Also, I found out that Dorkly took one of my videos and used it in their Overwatch facts video, that was my Zenyatta wave video! I'm like, internet famous now, right?

Random question.
    How many gigabytes is overwatch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every game tonight, and yesterday. Being paired up with people who are much much lower level. And it shows. People picking random heroes, people not knowing the maps, just...everything. Getting steamrolled constantly. Played a lot of Zenyatta. Still trying to go for the achievement, but I'm not even getting close. Anyway, every game, it's the same thing. Would get killed over and over by the same flanker. Nobody would even notice. Eventually I'd just stop and turn and around and wait. And I'd solo the fuckers myself because nobody else was paying attention. As a healer. The matchmaking is borked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Every game tonight, and yesterday. Being paired up with people who are much much lower level. And it shows. People picking random heroes, people not knowing the maps, just...everything. Getting steamrolled constantly. Played a lot of Zenyatta. Still trying to go for the achievement, but I'm not even getting close. Anyway, every game, it's the same thing. Would get killed over and over by the same flanker. Nobody would even notice. Eventually I'd just stop and turn and around and wait. And I'd solo the fuckers myself because nobody else was paying attention. As a healer. The matchmaking is borked.
    Had a similar sort of thing, but not so much that I'm being paired with weaker players; it's just having one guy on the other team that dominates the entire match then you look at their SR and they're like 3-3.5k in a match of 1.8-2.5ks. I can handle it if they're on a hero with a pretty solid hard counter I can swap to, but the moment they're using Genji or 76 it's just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Mine says 9.27GB.
    Thanks. Probably 2 days at the library to download then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Rapid Discord you mean? Good luck, feels like an achievement you need a friend to help you with honestly, like maybe someone who's really good with Tracer or something, to pick off the people who you discord immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Rapid Discord you mean? Good luck, feels like an achievement you need a friend to help you with honestly, like maybe someone who's really good with Tracer or something, to pick off the people who you discord immediately.
    Naah, a full-team Zarya Black Hole with someone else ultimating them all to death is the way to go. Friend of mine would've received it a few days ago, but we were playing No Limits for some lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Naah, a full-team Zarya Black Hole with someone else ultimating them all to death is the way to go. Friend of mine would've received it a few days ago, but we were playing No Limits for some lootboxes.
    I was thinking that, but if it's an ult like Tracer's or D.Va's, it instantly kills the group, not giving you time to get the discords off on them all.

Unless it works differently than I thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am buying it friday.Any tips?
    swap when nescecary.
    dont hardcore main a hero.
    dont troll, especially not in comp.

not annoying at all, they are pretty standard.
    tho, if you dont like it you can change and customize them.
    not quite, however it would be very useful if you did that tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Looking at this thread you start to notice a strange trend in how well this game manage to frustrate people. Makes you wonder. Any other games people out here play that makes them feel as bad?
    Pretty much every other multiplayer team game to some extent, yes...
    Some games are easier to carry in though which helps those ones a bit. But still frustrating when ever you play with teammates who are not even trying to win or just blatantly trolling and standing in spawn spamming emotes or something

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    swap when nescecary.
    dont hardcore main a hero.
    dont troll, especially not in comp.

not annoying at all, they are pretty standard.
    tho, if you dont like it you can change and customize them.

not quite, however it would be very useful if you did that tho.
    Hopefully the controls are smoother on overwatch than the controls of 7 days to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am buying it friday.
    Any tips?
    1> You'll die a lot, especially when you're new. Don't get frustrated; use the kill cam to see WHY you died, and learn. You'll often find paths and such you didn't realize could be exploited; they're common knowledge to experienced players, but this is a faster way to learn them than by exploring the map, generally.

2> Don't zoom in on one hero (more on that later). The Mystery Heroes brawl is fantastic for getting a feel with different heroes, and everyone's in the same boat.

3> The game's a team game, not a lone wolf game. If you're not actively helping the team's push or point capture, you'd better be taking a few seconds to get into a position to do so. The few heroes that can effectively "backdoor" are next to useless if they're just picking off randos on the backside of the enemy team; they need to be used to break the back of their defense, or you're wasting everyone's time and efforts; killing that Junkrat as he wanders back just means that the teamfight remains 5v5 and nobody gains anything.

4> Brawls are probably the best place to start, oddly enough, because nobody takes them all that seriously.

5> Don't be afraid of Competitive. It's a good play mode, the abuse levels aren't any worse, people generally communicate more, and you'll end up ranked with comparably-skilled players, for the most part, so you're not wasting people's time. Get a feel so you know what you're doing, but don't feel you need to be a pro before jumping in.

Flexible and pretty customizeable, IMO. Haven't had any real issues. There were some hiccups with how they did sensitivity, but they fixed it.

Nopenopenope. Team composition is HUGE, and that means countering the enemy's composition.

In general, teams in competitive are leaning towards either the older meta of 2 damage, 2 tanks, 2 healers. There's some shift to 2 damage, 3 tanks, 1 healer currently.

You can further subdivide those roles, though. There's a lot of variance, but the important secondary roles, I would say, are;

1> Hitscan damage heroes. Absolutely critical for taking out Pharah, who can otherwise decimate your team, particularly if they realize you can't handle her and she gets a pocket mercy to fly with her. "Hitscan heroes" don't have bullet travel time and deal damage at med-long ranges, so we're talking Soldier 76, McCree, and to a less-optimal extent, Widowmaker. Ana also fits, but she should be focused on healing; it's an option if your team are being bad and not handling it. Other heroes just can't deal enough damage at that range to take Pharah out, letting her attack with impunity.

2> Mobile tanks. Winston and D.va. These guys are a huge asset against certain comps that rely on snipers or the like. D.va's often great as a front-liner too.

3> Front-line tanks. Reinhardt, Zarya, and D.va to a lesser extent (she works well as a flexible second). These guys push the advance or hold the line. Without them, defense tends to crumble.

I would say that being able to play at least one of the above sub-roles well, as well as at least one healer (preferably two, any two really), and at least one other damage-dealer, and you're good. If you want to expand from that, damage-dealers have the most variety of options to add flexibility.

That's for starters, though. I highly recommend getting at least workably good with 3-4 of the 4 healers, 4-5 of the five tanks, and as many offense/defense heroes as you can.

If I had recommendations for heroes to AVOID, that'd be Torbjorn and Bastion (they rely on easily-countered placement; they CAN work, but I wouldn't recommend them to a newbie, you'll learn bad habits), Sombra (at least of this writing, she's possibly undertuned, possibly just so complicated you need to be REALLY good with her), and Genji/Hanzo (both have uses, but they're pretty niche; Genji in particular only shines with a LOT of practice). That's an "avoid" in the short term, though, once you get past that, branch out into whatever you like.

D.va is on my list of people i want to play.