Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    'It's 2016' has always been a ridiculous counter argument as far as I'm concerned. What is it even meant to mean? Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Oh and yeah - Tracer so fits the typical LGBT character. Forced bullshit again.
    You know lesbians are just normal people and don't have to fit whatever retarded stereotype you have for them right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    'It's 2016' has always been a ridiculous counter argument as far as I'm concerned. What is it even meant to mean? Genuine question.
    I assume it means that by now people should know that gay and lesbian people exist in this world and should logically be expected to exist in video game worlds about the real world as well.

It's literally the same as crying about having multi-ethnic characters instead of having them all be white.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Because we're in a progressive age.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Leave it to Overwatch to make their franchise mascot the multiple-minority one.

Must have focus grouped that one. What a better way to virtue signal than that?!

Incoming complaints about the attractive, skinny, white one being the lesbian. My popcorn is ready.
    Cause you know, it's not like Rule 34 wasn't already doing that before Blizzard even announced it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Because we're in a regressive age.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    so, how many LGBT people blizz won for this move and how many bigoted a-holes they lost for this?
    (FTFY, you're welcome)

Who cares? If they want to stop playing the game because a character is gay then good riddance and cheers.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-12-22 at 04:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Cause you know, it's not like Rule 34 wasn't already doing that before Blizzard even announced it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you.
    If you seriously believe this is a regressive age you have some serious fucking problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    If you seriously believe this is a regressive age you have some serious fucking problems.
    Well, Trump did just get elected president.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, Trump did just get elected president.
    If he actually gets congress to pass any of his stupid laws. Until that happens nothing will change.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Inb4 Junkrat/Roadhog that I've seen all over.

Oh and Zarya obs isn't straight, but that's way too obvious.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Dolphins and Bonobos have sex all the time too. Dolphins even try to rape people.

Also, nature isn't a person, it has no intent.
    Dolphins and Bonobos are among the most intelligent animals in existence, they too will have discovered sex can be used for other ends than reproduction of the species.

Nature may have intent, and it may not. Just because it isn't a person doesn't mean it can't have intentions. To assume only man can have intention is pretty short sighted. Also, you cannot deny that, based on the evidence we possess, for millions of years sex's only purpose has been to procreate. Evolution only managed to break away from the concept recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Straight/gay/bi/trans and what ever else there is has no place in this game. They are adding it for the sake of adding it. No one gives a fucking shit what sexual preference these characters have.

Surprised there isn't a fucking vegan and scientologist in the game yet as it would have as much to do with the game as someone being gay.
    They aren't adding anything. They are revealing something. Learn the difference. And clearly someone cares about the preference because there are plenty who cheered it and plenty more who bitched about it. (Your version of bitching still counts because you're complaining that your assumption of everyone being straight is not valid anymore). Sorry that you don't like stories and characters, you just want "bang bang bang".

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Dolphins and Bonobos are among the most intelligent animals in existence, they too will have discovered sex can be used for other ends than reproduction of the species.

Nature may have intent, and it may not. Just because it isn't a person doesn't mean it can't have intentions. To assume only man can have intention is pretty short sighted. Also, you cannot deny that, based on the evidence we possess, for millions of years sex's only purpose has been to procreate. Evolution only managed to break away from the concept recently.
    Nature can't have intentions. Neither can evolution.

And we don't know if there were t-rex carpet munchers.

Deleted
    Nature can't have intentions. Neither can evolution.

And we don't know if there were t-rex carpet munchers.
    Okay, so let me get this straight:

Nature/Evolution has intention. Possible evidence > For millions of years creatures of all shapes and sizes have been occupied with their survival and, more importantly, that of their species. Perhaps with guilty pleasures here and there, but most likely as an afterthought. If nature/evolution didn't have such intentions, it's quite interesting how it could've built such a complex system just by (metaphorically) throwing a random rock in a random pond.

Nature/Evolution can't have intention. Evidence > Because I say so.

Just to make it clear...

Nature/Evolution has intention. Possible evidence > For millions of years creatures of all shapes and sizes have been occupied with their survival and, more importantly, that of their species. Perhaps with guilty pleasures here and there, but most likely as an afterthought. If nature/evolution didn't have such intentions, it's quite interesting how it could've built such a complex system just by (metaphorically) throwing a random rock in a random pond.

Just to make it clear...
    Nature isn't sentient. It is incapable of having intent.

If you think evolution is some divine guiding force then you have no idea how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    You know, even as a straight man I was hoping for something more daring than Tracer. Any of the male characters for example.
    Making Tracer lesbian isn't really pandering to the LGBT community, but to the straight male community... I mean who doesn't find that sexy?

Gay male characters are more daring to do and will offend far more people.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares about Tracer! Who's Torbjörn with and are they banging? Are they making little bearded crossbreeds?
    I disagree with your stances. I think Tracer was a logical and reasonable character to be gay. She wasn't overtly sexual, so that's not exactly appealing to straight men. She was a fun, powerful, and happy character....who is also gay. That's not her focus, because she's a lot more. If 13 year old virgins want to get excited when they hear "lesbian", that's on them. This is not pandering to anyone, this is having a character who is LGBT. Nothing more. Blizzard isn't trying to reel in players with it, it's just a part of the back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    how many of those animals ended up creating an offspring? try again please
    You just keep shifting those goalposts, surely if you do that enough you'll land a touchdown eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Nature isn't sentient. It is incapable of having intent.

If you think evolution is some divine guiding force then you have no idea how it works.
    Evolution is an unending process of mutations to improve beings of any shape and size.
    I know evolution doesn't consciously decide 'hey this thing should have fins so it can swim more efficiently', but the intent of it is usually to improve the species, be it at a cost or not.

Oh I thought the LGBT panel was the Junkrat and Roadhog one.

Evolution is an unending process of mutations to improve beings of any shape and size.
    I know evolution doesn't consciously decide 'hey this thing should have fins so it can swim more efficiently', but the intent of it is usually to improve the species, be it at a cost or not.
    Nope, you still have it wrong. I've highlighted where you got Evolution wrong.

Evolution does not always improve. Evolution is random and does not have intent to improve. It's just mutations that improve have a tendency to stay as they would increase survival but that is not always the case.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-12-22 at 12:07 AM.

Just to make it clear...
    Nature can't have intention because it isn't a person, it's just a word describing a huge array of collections of cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.