Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Called a Noob for DE my own gear

HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is your gear. Do as you wish with it, though, personally I would ask if anyone needs it prior to sharding it.

Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?
    Ignore them. Or you could just ask if their refrigerator is running or some other off the wall question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that, it's a 835 item. That should be an upgrade for just about nobody, and it's your loot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ignore them. Or you could just ask if their refrigerator is running or some other off the wall question.
    lol thats funny

Save yourself the headache never disenchant in groups wait till you leave because there are quite a few mentally handicapped people who cry when you de something they deem you should have given to them. Its almost so bad blizzard should hide disenchanting from the chat window imo.

Your loot you can do whatever the fuck you want

I wouldve told him to fuck off and stop begging for welfare LFR loot!

This is the biggest problem with loot share. The amount of whisps I get when I get an item I don't need for it and how offended they get when I say I'd rather have the gold is insane.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I was once called a noob for dpsing as a holy paladin when I did over 40 percent of the groups damage on each boss.
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Name that quote!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personal loot shouldve been personal in any automatic matchmakings.

Not that I am against helping people but there's a lot of silly stuff coming from it.

Recently had a hunter ask my DH for a bracer, sorry it's leather ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

you'll always find someone wants something for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Save yourself the headache never disenchant in groups wait till you leave because there are quite a few mentally handicapped people who cry when you de something they deem you should have given to them. Its almost so bad blizzard should hide disenchanting from the chat window imo.
    Dont hide shit, in fact do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Bow down to nobodys on the internet.
    DOnt be a dick but certainly dont do what others dictate just because they was butthurt over some god dam pixelated items.

People dictating what you should do in a computer game hahahah what a fucking joke the gaming community has become.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2016-12-21 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your gear is your gear. Do as you wish with it, though, personally I would ask if anyone needs it prior to sharding it.
    In a group that large you'd never end up getting to shard your own loot for mats then. Either there would always be people that need the gear in a 25 man group, or you'll run into those people that say they need it when they really want to shard or sell it themselves (ie they flat out lie & hope you don't inspect them or they swap out a higher piece for a lower piece).

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Dont hide shit, in fact do whatever the fuck you want to do.

People dictating what you should do in a computer game hahahah what a fucking joke this community has become.
    People with douche personalities like you are why its easier to just not de in group or even mention things because you act all high and mighty like you are hot stuff over the simplest things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I was once called a noob for dpsing as a holy paladin when I did over 40 percent of the groups damage on each boss.
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Name that quote!
    George R R Martin?

Ignore that freeloader. He didn't deserve it with that attitude. In fact, I hope you linked the mats to him in /w after you disenchanted the item.
    (Totally gonna do that if people get snarky with me like that)

The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    In a group that large you'd never end up getting to shard your own loot for mats then. Either there would always be people that need the gear in a 25 man group, or you'll run into those people that say they need it when they really want to shard or sell it themselves (ie they flat out lie & hope you don't inspect them or they swap out a higher piece for a lower piece).
    On my alts I've run a few LFR's and I've offered gear and gotten no reply. It might be slower, sure, but it's definitely not a guarantee someone will need it.

Your loot do whatever the hell you want with it. Someone gives you shit over it then that's their problem. They are not entitled to the loot you received whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    Lol was it bollocks. It's the OP's loot. He/she can do what they like with it. If they want to DE it for mats then it's up to them.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even as an enchanter, it's your choice whether you want to offer the gear before you do shatter it. If they run their mouth, just tell them it's your loot and you can do what you want, especially as an enchanter. Mats aren't cheap, kids!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?