Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Loot sharing is good in guild runs, but they really need to turn this shit off for LFR. LFR is pointless for gearing up especially when you can get 840-845 gear from Mythic Dungeons and World Quests.

Can always do like i do. If i want the stuff to shard. I just tell them to trade me something they get during the run and i wont lose a shard.
    They are bound to get something they dont need. IF they dont get it then tough luck for them.

I do the same with mogs and people get their panties in a twist like you wont believe.
    ofc any of my 850+ chars has better gear then lfr. Doing lfr for a few reasons: mats/mogs/legendaries/runes.
    People think they are entitled to the loot someone else gets.

Oh and if they start bitching just say you were thinking about giving it to them but you wont now because of what they said and just /ignore them. You get your item and you piss them off. Win win!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest using WQs for enchanting mats, they take less time than LFR and you get more shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I would suggest using WQs for enchanting mats, they take less time than LFR and you get more shards.
    doing them in lfr is a bonus, the guys certainly do the wq, dongeon, mythic dungeon and lfr to have max mats you know ?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Nope. Charles dance!
    It's specifically Charles Dance as Tywinn Lannister, a character created by George RR Martin.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    doing them in lfr is a bonus, the guys certainly do the wq, dongeon, mythic dungeon and lfr to have max mats you know ?
    Hmmm considering he stated he needed it for a neck enchant I don't think that's accurate. Otherwise he'd be swimming in them and wouldn't need it.

Really easy solution: don't reply.

I generally don't talk in LFR at all. The only people that do are usually trolls.

LFR is 835. wq gear is better. that stuff is purely for mats. Also, people needed the gear more early on (even though the mats cost so much mroe then) but at this point if someone is low gear it's prolly a 2nd or 5th alt. I don't really have sympathy for that. I'll give it away if I want to, but I certainly won't be brow beat.

Also, before I actually switched to encahnting, I stored all my purples in the bank and then I'd swap a talent to make a few hundred shards, then swap back. it's more than worth the 1k cost.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Ignore them. Your gear is your gear and no one else is entitled to it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    If you want to actually blame someone, blame the developers not the community. Blizzard did this when they opened up multiple raid difficulties to make it more accessible to everyone and anyone. Normal and Heroic were fine, but when they put in LFR and later Flex, then later changed Heroic to Mythic and put a single difficulty on it, a lot of people got this sense of entitlement mainly from high end 10 man guilds MASS recruiting to get a steady roster to move into WoD Mythics.

I know of one guild, Nightmare Asylum, who literally recruited 70+ people and carried every one of them to 14/14H to "trial" them in the first 3 months of the announcement that WoD was going to be a single raid size for the highest tier of raiding. Keep in mind that the time frame between announcement and release WAS ALMOST 13 MONTHS. So what happened next? Most of them got kicked and had to find new guilds, meanwhile keeping their entitlement that "I killed 14/14H, I'm not willing to regress to a guild where my skill level is actually appropriate for raiding."

This was a bad time for recruitment for a lot of guilds because of those high end guilds. People have carried over that entitlement moving forward and it gets worse every expansion. People guild hop, claim their logs are private, name change to make it so most people can't find their actual name, I mean I've found so many people through wowtrack.org who claim "I raided top 10 US." I look them up and they were in that said top 10 guild for 1 week before being kicked or leaving. While yes people are part of the problem, ultimately I blame Blizzard for creating this. Between the loss of server and guild identity over the last 3 expansions and the slow forward movement of them making raids too accessible to people who don't belong raiding.

People complaining about you D/E'ing your own loot are like the people who go into LFR with full Mythic raid gear and brag about being #1 on the dps meters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    The responses in this thread speak novels about the state of the community. Most of you are probably too young to remember the early days of MMORPG's when geared/higher level people would actually help low level players. I can't count the number of times in Asheron's Call random people would just come up and give me gear or money just because. But then, that was when people cared about community in these games.

That all being said, I don't generally stop in the middle of a run to DE whatever crap I get. If someone asks me for an item, it's certainly not going to hurt my stash of DE mats to give it to them and some people are generally there trying to get gear to do better things later. The person calling OP names was out of line, but being unwilling to trade an item in a group to someone because you'd rather have a shard is pretty crappy too.
    I won't read the next pages, but this post pretty much is the only one that makes sense on first page.

10+ Year Old Account
    That dude would have gotten pretty bent with me, then. Only reason I do LFR is for shards/transmogs. My loot is mine!
    Last edited by Ickabob; 2016-12-22 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Loot sharing is good in guild runs, but they really need to turn this shit off for LFR. LFR is pointless for gearing up especially when you can get 840-845 gear from Mythic Dungeons and World Quests.
    It's nice to have the option to share (if you want) but the problem is other people expecting you to share.

If someone is polite about it, I'll usually give them the loot. The chance to brighten someone's day is worth more than another shard or some gold. (Is there any enchanter who isn't swimming in shards at this point? And the gold is even less useful). I've definitely asked for loot from others (politely) when leveling my alts and I like to pay it forward.

If the person is a jerk and just whispers "give me X" then I put the item in the trade window and leave it there, without hitting trade, till the person drops group. The raging is its own reward.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's your loot, you get to do exactly whatever you want with it. And since the only way to really progress in enchanting unless you visit the Auction House is to disenchant items, they can blame Blizzard for it, not you.

That's why when I see someone in LFR trying to contact me my eyes drift away from the text and forget it happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    HI

I was in LFR last week, i do it on all my 3 toons for runes however i also do it for enchanting mats on my enchanter.

So in LFR last week some 835 ilvl chest dropped so of course i turn it into a shard - 1 closer to making a neck enchant for myself.

I get a whisper asking if i want that item to which i responded i have sharded it m8, then i was asked why i sharded my own personal loot to which i responded i am an enchanter and need the mats. then according to this dude that wanted MY loot i am a noob.

in future should i when on my enchanter not loot the bosses or just ignore these beggars?

the easiest way is not to autoloot bosses and if you got something you want do disenchant, you simply leave it there and get it per mail.
    I know people who carried lfr grps and got kicked in the end because they at least wanted to get a few shards out of it...

If people ask for the items I get i'll vendor it in front of them, If they don't then i'll ask in party chat at the end of the run.

Simple, Don't reward the greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    This is the biggest problem with loot share. The amount of whisps I get when I get an item I don't need for it and how offended they get when I say I'd rather have the gold is insane.
    well, its not that much gold, but disenchanting is worth it with low ilvl gear. Really it all depends on the situation, if its in higher mythic+ or something titanforged with higher ilvl, its social to ask if someone could need it, sometimes loot like this got BIS stats on it unaware by other classes or specs, so even if the ilvl is slightly low its useful. I often got something useful that way and i did not even ask for it. We don't want to create bad habits, don't we?

However, OP, ilvl 835 isn't, disenchant it by any chance.