Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Evolution is an unending process of mutations to improve beings of any shape and size.
    I know evolution doesn't consciously decide 'hey this thing should have fins so it can swim more efficiently', but the intent of it is usually to improve the species, be it at a cost or not.
    No, no it isn't. Not every mutation is beneficial to the species survival. Evolution has no intent.

Now, if you want to talk about the evolution of dogs or horses, then there's intent behind that. Human intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Evolution is an unending process of mutations to improve beings of any shape and size.
    I know evolution doesn't consciously decide 'hey this thing should have fins so it can swim more efficiently', but the intent of it is usually to improve the species, be it at a cost or not.
    False. "Improve" is a subjective judgement and evolution does not operate with intent.

Animals that are better adapted to their current environment tend to survive more and have a higher chance to pass on their genes. Those that survive better, survive better.

A stochastic process governed by a tautology.

You're confusing that with a mind imposing a will.

Anthropomorphism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How about we just have no gays, no straights, no nada.

I just wanna play vidya, I don't care about where you stick your junk in what or where. I just wanna shoot shit, etc. I use this to escape from the real world, not be constantly reminded of it.

Leave that crap out of it. I don't want to see someone kissing his wife before he goes to war. I don't want to see Tracer getting macked on by her mutant lesbian lover either.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    'It's 2016' has always been a ridiculous counter argument as far as I'm concerned. What is it even meant to mean? Genuine question.
    It's not a counter argument, it's an expression of surprise that anyone in this day and age would advance the argument at all.

Like if I said "why isn't Obama in a plantation picking cotton?". It's 2016, who would still think that way? That's not a counter-argument, because that statement doesn't require one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    All video game characters must be monks and nuns, so as not to trigger the internet?

And they say liberals want "political correctness gone mad".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No, no it isn't. Not every mutation is beneficial to the species survival. Evolution has no intent.

Now, if you want to talk about the evolution of dogs or horses, then there's intent behind that. Human intent.
    I said 'usually' and 'at a cost', thus also implying devolving/it not being an advantage, but I'm not going to start a nitpicking contest.

I just wanna play vidya, I don't care about where you stick your junk in what or where. I just wanna shoot shit, etc. I use this to escape from the real world, not be constantly reminded of it.

Leave that crap out of it. I don't want to see someone kissing his wife before he goes to war. I don't want to see Tracer getting macked on by her mutant lesbian lover either.
    And what's stopping you from doing that?

Oh thank God. I was losing sleep at night wondering whether or not any of the characters from the Overwatch roster had sex with the opposite gender or their own gender.

This is very important to me. I can now enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    That was debunked.

National Geographic:
    No, Those Aren't Male Lions Mating. One Is Likely a Female.

The only ape that is gay/bi is the famous bonobo. Which proves that bi people are sex mad fiends - incapable of forming monogamous relationships, unfaithful and their habits led to the spread of STDs like AIDs, syphillis.

https://terriblyterrier.com/can-dogs-be-gay/

So yeah, if your gf says she's bi. That's great - for the college period. Use her to get threesomes for yourself. But then dump her when you leave college and want to start a family, because she's wired to be a bad wife and cheat on you.
    My favourite type of post, disgusting AND false!

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

And in particular:

Lions:

Both male and female lions have been seen to interact homosexually.[88][89] Male lions pair-bond for a number of days and initiate homosexual activity with affectionate nuzzling and caressing, leading to mounting and thrusting. About 8% of mountings have been observed to occur with other males. Pairings between females are held to be fairly common in captivity but have not been observed in the wild.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose..._animals#Lions

Why character's sexual preferences even come into a "competitive" FPS I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanActual View Post
    Oh thank God. I was losing sleep at night wondering whether or not any of the characters from the Overwatch roster had sex with the opposite gender or their own gender.

This is very important to me. I can now enjoy the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Why character's sexual preferences even come into a "competitive" FPS I will never know.
    "I don't care about thing and can't understand why other people would care about thing."

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Leave it to Overwatch to make their franchise mascot the multiple-minority one.

Must have focus grouped that one. What a better way to virtue signal than that?!

Incoming complaints about the attractive, skinny, white one being the lesbian. My popcorn is ready.
    All the nerd boys fap fantasies just got better!

Dear God-Emperor why.
    What is wrong with bzzd.
    Guess gotta appease to mentally deranged so the buck keeps flowing in.

What next? Openly asshunter male character? openly zoophiliac? openly pedophilliac?
    Why stop? Let's boldly go where noone has gone before. Let us rev it up, let us take it up a notch.
    Why not introduce first openly dickgirl character.

Emperor condemns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    I hope this means Anduin and Wrathion hook up. Mostly because I've pined for that for a long time, partly to drink the male tears of the fanbase.
    Wrathion is like four, isn't he?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Thank you for making sense.
    Emperor knows, you're in the minority here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter that Ana is Pharah's mother or that 76 and Reaper have a storied past or that Genji is Hanzo's brother and was saved by Mercy and joined Overwatch?

All the same reason: backstory. It makes the game's characters more interesting when they have some sort of story behind them, rather than nameless mercenaries like in TF2.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

go play call of duty or battlefield for that then.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Dear God-Emperor why.
    What is wrong with bzzd.

What next? Openly asshunter male character? openly zoophiliac? openly pedophilliac?
    Why stop? Let's boldly go where noone has gone before. Let us rev it up, let us take it up a notch.

Emperor condemns!
    Comparing homosexuals to pedophiles. If there's one thing MMO-Champion users hate more than women it's gays.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Dear God-Emperor why.
    What is wrong with bzzd.

Emperor condemns!
    Considering the mentally deranged are the ones raging about this I don't think Blizzard is trying to appease them.

because blizzard makes games with rich and fun lore.
    unlike CoD and battlefield.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor