Help DPS ELE shaman

I dont have any logs as i have been mostly testing on the raid dummy but as an 863 i level on the dummy i am averaging about 280-295k dps. this is without food buff of flask of course. I was wondering is this about where i should be? It drops off in raids to like 210-220k on H Nyth.

armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tormlie/simple

i was just wondering if that seems right or if i am WAY off and i need to work on things

Thanks appreciate it.

P.S. i know it is hard without logs i was just wanting a generalization as i am being told i should be doing ALOT more...

Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    This is only accurate for 7.1.5, not live.

there's only 4 gear slots that require enchants now, and you have one of them enchanted, and it's the cheap one. that's about all anyone can suggest just based on looking at your armory, but the impression that leaves is that you aren't trying very hard

- - - Updated - - -

www warcraftlogs com/reports / dkW6xDmGAaT4ZBHQ #fight=8&type=resources&source=8&spell=111

only log i can find, didn't use flask or potions, died, and took 7 minutes to kill heroic nythendra. there's some overcapping of maelstrom it looks like, and you casted flame shock 22 times over 7 minutes. try to flame shock when maelstrom >20 to get the increased duration, plan movement, dont die, use consumables, and hero on pull when everyone has CDs + potions up

Quote Originally Posted by stimpo View Post
    there's only 4 gear slots that require enchants now, and you have one of them enchanted, and it's the cheap one. that's about all anyone can suggest just based on looking at your armory, but the impression that leaves is that you aren't trying very hard

- - - Updated - - -

www warcraftlogs com/reports / dkW6xDmGAaT4ZBHQ #fight=8&type=resources&source=8&spell=111

only log i can find, didn't use flask or potions, died, and took 7 minutes to kill heroic nythendra. there's some overcapping of maelstrom it looks like, and you casted flame shock 22 times over 7 minutes. try to flame shock when maelstrom >20 to get the increased duration, plan movement, dont die, use consumables, and hero on pull when everyone has CDs + potions up
    yeah i have gotten better since that raid...i manage my stuff alot better i do need to get enchants but with 7.1.5 coming soon i am going to be changing gear around...i was just hoping i was close to what i should be doing besides the stuff that needs changed.

So after a 5 min test dummy i usually do around 290-300k at 863 item level as well. Looking at your armory looks like either you recently got some upgrades or mis typed your item level. i do think you should definitely be in the 300s at 869 item level. I myself have not tried to use Ascend in raids but i do know i lose dps when using it instead of lightning rod on test dummies

Theres really no helping a Elemental shamans DPS at the end of the day. You can't really put hot sauce on poop and expect it to taste good. What i'm trying to say is elemental is poop.

there's also just not a lot to "game" in elemental dps. generate as much maelstrom as you can, and get the most dmg from your maelstrom that you can. Try to reapply flame shock with <9s remaining, elemental focus and 20 maelstrom, lava burst on CD unless you'll overcap MS, pray you don't get targeted by mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Theres really no helping a Elemental shamans DPS at the end of the day. You can't really put hot sauce on poop and expect it to taste good. What i'm trying to say is elemental is poop.
    LOL. Jon found a new thread to troll and cry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthanius View Post
    So after a 5 min test dummy i usually do around 290-300k at 863 item level as well. Looking at your armory looks like either you recently got some upgrades or mis typed your item level. i do think you should definitely be in the 300s at 869 item level. I myself have not tried to use Ascend in raids but i do know i lose dps when using it instead of lightning rod on test dummies
    869 is because I have another legendary in my bag I am 863 is equipped. Btw I was messing with mastery last night so stats are not normally what I run trying to get ready for next patch
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2016-12-22 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    869 is because I have another legendary in my bag I am 863 is equipped. Btw I was messing with mastery last night so stats are not normally what I run trying to get ready for next patch
    Regarding Nythendra and the dummy, You'll never really be able to reach the practice dummy dps because of fight mechanics unless you get somehow absurdly lucky and don't have to move at all during Nythendra. The only way to increase that on a single target fight like H Nythendra is to be lucky and practice making your movement smoother, e.g. using gust of wind in effective ways, moving as efficiently as possible, etc. Overall, your numbers aren't terrible. They could be better, but that comes with those enchants that were discussed earlier and knowing the class better as to when to move and cast and so on.

Kargos is correct the dummy really isnt a good way to determine raid effectiveness. However looking at your skills during a test dummy encounter and seeing the percentages and checking the pie chart against say another Ele shaman's raid logs may give you an idea if your missing a spell in your rotation or a there is a different talent that they may use during that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarakaun View Post
    This is only accurate for 7.1.5, not live.
    try http://www.stormearthandlava.com/7-1-faq/

There is no link to it on the main page, but it's still accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    What a ray of sunshine you are.

Deleted
    Maybe too much whiny, but still so right. Elemental shaman is nice to play, maybe a bit too easy sometimes, but after a raiding night it's so sad to look at your numbers in mythic level guild.

Why has Jonbemerkin not been banned from this forum? Been on here all expac and ive never seen him say anything productive. Every post is "lol, just switch from ele, itll never be fixed"