Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    Disallowing your own children because they voted for another candidate is a childish manner of behavior and he should handle it like an adult and accept people have different opinions, whether those are "toxic" or not.
    But this candidate is a racist, sexist, draft dodger who also makes fun of the disabled and sexually assaults women because he can... Pretty sure you get a sticker for hating those that voted for him and werent bothered by his actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    He needs to grow the fuck up, theyre his kids.
    I'd be ashamed if I had children that voted for trump, not sure if i'd excommunicate though.

Granted im also gay, so it'd be really hard to have your own children vote against your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I'd be ashamed if I had children that voted for trump, not sure if i'd excommunicate though.

Granted im also gay, so it'd be really hard to have your own children vote against your rights.
    Don't forget, both Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage until the polls showed enough of a flip in public opinion on the matter.

When Trump introduces anti-gay rights legislation then you can start playing this card.

You should put down the koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    Has my dad gone too far with politics, or is this behavior normal?

1. Refuses to be friends with anyone that voted for Trump.
    2. Refuses to be friends with anyone that watches "Fox News".
    3. Every night is a drunken curse-fest while watching "MSNBC" political news.
    4. Has cut-off relationships with two of my older brothers because they voted for Trump.
    5. Has cut-off other relationships, both at work and online, as a result of them voting for Trump.

There's more but I can't remember atm.
    I think you're lying. Or massively exaggerating.

Deleted
    This election in America has lead to some of the most hillarious disputes amongst people I've ever seen.

I love how you have started a social media civil war because your nation is mostly made up of stubborn and stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    I think you're lying. Or massively exaggerating.
    If adults need therapy, coloring books, and college cancled for a few days all because of this election, why is it so hard to believe that some adults would also cut ties to family and friends all because of this election?

So basically what you're saying is that the 2016 election has brought a plethora of issues without the new president even being put into power yet, moreso than any other previous election?

... What's exactly new here?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Thanks for proving my point.
    Rofl, what?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43870420

Do I fucking look white?

4. Has cut-off relationships with two of my older brothers because they voted for Trump.
    5. Has cut-off other relationships, both at work and online, as a result of them voting for Trump.

Perhaps your family should adopt the healthy habit of simply not discussing who you voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

I got to say that I have never met anyone who is a republican in which I actually liked that person. I consider there political beliefs immoral but I would still talk to them and keep things civil. Most of the people on my dads side of the family are republican. I don't talk to them or spend any time with them because I don't actually like them much along with their political and religious beliefs. I have had friends who are very liberal. I had a friend who was a vegetarian in which I loved to make fun of his vegetarianism but I didn't consider him to be immoral. I just considered him to be a person who thought he was doing something good but it wasn't really that great of a thing to be a vegetarian.

He sounds like a completely standard and mainstream Democrat. Although, I didn't know even they watched MSNBC. Their ratings are in the ditch.

Drinking is probably the only thing to worry about- that is if your statement of 'drunken curse filled blah blah blah' is more than hyperbole.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Nope he is being reasonable for the msnbc part. If 2 of my children turned out republican i wouldn't mind in the long run( id be upset for a while) but if they turned out full retard i'd disown them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    He sounds like a completely standard and mainstream Democrat. Although, I didn't know even they watched MSNBC. Their ratings are in the ditch.
    I'm far far left and I don't even know what channel MSNBC is on my TV. I know FOX and CNN. I'd rather watch reruns of Diners DRive ins and Dives on Food Network, or reruns of Seinfeld. ST:TNG, or Big Bang Theory on TBS.

News? I can read headlines just like anyone else. It's actually kind of fun comparing the headline that, say, Drudge gives a story compared to how CNN headlines the same story.

Edit: "Standard and mainstream" democrats are right-wing, btw.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Damn, both campaigns sure left you guys divided. I wouldn't even defriend someone unless they would literally vote for 100% full blown out fascists.
    Hillary and the other Democrats (Obama) is the only dividers, Trump actually brought people together and basically preached love and support the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    The idiocy and polarization has been building for years... years before Trump showed up on the scene.

It's amazing how much blame is placed on Trumps head when there were riots over "fake news" like "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" YEARS before he came on the scene... polarization and hate LONG before this election cycle. Division straight from the top.
    i agree, there's definately a slow and steady scaling to this 'group madness', in the past things were more moderate, Republicans used to have respected presidents with whom no matter how much you disagreed with certain political choices of theirs you also had to recognize them as reasonably effective statesmen and representatives of an ideology

George Bush Jr and his indiscriminate war on terror started pushing it a bit too far, but still he was not that bad, he also had some pretty rough times under his presidency, so i can understand him i guess

and now it's Trump, this time it's just ridiculous, the guy is a disgrace and i have no words to describe him, i can't believe how people of our age, with all that information at their disposal can be so stupid... it almost feels like a leap back to the dark ages, when demagogues and charlatans manipulated the masses to believe and do absurd things, also their sheer mockery of anything rational that even remotely resembles intellectualism (like the denial of basic science) is disturbingly familiar with Mussolini's fascism, i always thought that most americans had a very strong resistance to those crap, but these types might actually be so stupid that could fall into fascism without even realizing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I got to say that I have never met anyone who is a republican in which I actually liked that person. I consider there political beliefs immoral but I would still talk to them and keep things civil. .
    I'm curious, do you ask them first thing what their political standing is? Or do you try and get to know them and after a bit, you say "Man this guy is terrible" and then you ask, Are you a republican? and when they say "yes", you say "That explains it!" Or do you just ask some feeler questions and if they don't give the answer you like, you just instantly label them immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    The idiocy and polarization has been building for years... years before Trump showed up on the scene.

It's amazing how much blame is placed on Trumps head when there were riots over "fake news" like "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" YEARS before he came on the scene... polarization and hate LONG before this election cycle. Division straight from the top.
    Division starts on internet forums, facebook, and other sources of social media where passive/aggressives battle it out. Look at arguments on these boards. People will argue for days. Because it's not about the subject matter. It's about being right. It's about winning the argument. That is the political climate right now. Because the internet is a breeding ground for passive/aggressive bitchiness.

Look at Trump. He could go back on every single campaign promise and get a pass from most of his followers. Because it isn't about the issues. It's about beating those "lazy, freeloading liberals". It's about beating the other side. Trump had no substance. And he's showing that he can't even answer questions from reporters without repeating himself with single words. And not to mention filling his cabinet with the swamp.

And this is how the US will end it's reign as a superpower. The pussy behavior of its citizens. It may take another 100 years. But when people look at their fellow countrymen as "Liberals" or "Conservatives" and turn them into villians, that chasm isn't going to be breached. It's only going to widen. But people never want to take responsibility and admit to themselves "Hey I'm being a total drama queen, pussy bitch". And get back down to reality. So that is why this country won't remain strong.

\\

IMO your dad has other serious issues

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm far far left and I don't even know what channel MSNBC is on my TV. I know FOX and CNN. I'd rather watch reruns of Diners DRive ins and Dives on Food Network, or reruns of Seinfeld. ST:TNG, or Big Bang Theory on TBS.

News? I can read headlines just like anyone else. It's actually kind of fun comparing the headline that, say, Drudge gives a story compared to how CNN headlines the same story.

Edit: "Standard and mainstream" democrats are right-wing, btw.
    I never said anything about right and left. Why are you correcting things I didn't say?

I meant he was mainstream because he was completely intolerant of any different political views. The leading trait of Democrats is no longer politics based.