Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Worst AND best expansion ever?

So yeah, i just thought i wanted to hear what people think about this statement.

Bascially what i feel like, is that Legion so far has been the best AND worst xpac ever..

The stuff to do in legion has been really really great. The dungeons, the raids are all great. The story is great and exciting ( for a pleb like me who really is deep into lore anyway) and i am really looking forward to the next raids and the story that those will bring.

HOWEVER

The legendary system
    The artifact power/traits system
    This is the worst thing to ever happen to wow.

For new players, it it bascially impossible to start this game. With Nighthold coming out in a month or so, there is no way that they would be able to be ready for that launch.

First off, if they get a bad legendary. RIP - reroll might be better at this point but they can't really, because that would set them back the 2 AK lvl they managed to get in 2-4 days it takes for the first legendary to drop.

If they go full ham mode, they might make the 5% in their spec, but what if they decide they wanted a different spec? or maybe a different class like 14 days into it. They are fucked.

If you did not play this expansion from the very start, you wont be able to buy the 15 AK catch-up thing and therefore you are again fucked.

Any other people who feel like this?

Ah, finally, a new and interesting topic that hasn't been debated to death!

Legion will be remembered for being a grindier version of WoD with a shitty Legendary system. It's hardly the best and it's hardly the worst.

Well, maybe?
    It's overall a really great expantion but they did make a few rather terrible mistakes that kind of brings Legion down to WoD levels.
    Legendaries, RNG and some class redesigns for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    From where comes this idea that players should be ready for the latest tier 1-2 weeks after starting?

Wonder how many dozens of different things has had this said about it throughout the games history
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    2-4 days for the first legendary?

I got my first a week ago, 12days played, and i've been playing since launch. Although very much at launch times and very little the last 1.5 months

Prydaz as a guardian druid. Ranked 8 of 8.

Not a fan of legendarys or AK system, not a fan of world quests and i absolutley hate Surmar, those are the main reason why i don't play much anymore.

Deleted
    There's a tonne of things to do in this expansion unlike WoD but apparently "the entire playerbase" (according to MMOchampion) is bored and quitting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian View Post
    Seriously though, it is really the worst? Like worse than the RealID thing? What sort of metrics do you have for this observation? Can you share the graphs?
    Like comparison between the "worst things ever in wow"? Because it would be really interesting to find out which of the worst things was the worst thing ever.
    Maybe you could start a list with top 10 worse things ever in wow? ..or a diary.. or a blog?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    There's a tonne of things to do in this expansion unlike WoD but apparently "the entire playerbase" (according to MMOchampion) is bored and quitting...
    Agreed! I don't know about anybody else but my 3,485th Maw of Souls Mythic+ sure feels a lot more epic than my 3,484th Maw of Souls Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Ah, finally, a new and interesting topic that hasn't been debated to death!

Legion will be remembered for being a grindier version of WoD with a shitty Legendary system. It's hardly the best and it's hardly the worst.
    I'm afraid I have to agree with this.
    Though I definitely rank it into "among the worst".

Agreed! I don't know about anybody else but my 3,485th Maw of Souls Mythic+ sure feels a lot more epic than my 3,484th Maw of Souls Mythic+.
    Please don't... Just saying that name makes me puke a little in my mouth.

ryt wel for me the worst 1 wroth in the litch king bcus tht is wen i stoped playin

i remember thinkin wen am i can battle the litch king an u need to hav full gear??? wer does it say tht on the box???

my fav 1 was burnin crusale bcus of the portal an goin there at lvl 60 stealthin as an rouge etc

i hav not played pandara or legions

ok

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything beats pandas

But yeah, artifact after lvl 34 is dull and boring, you just get flat dps increase, no fun path to follow.
    PVP is terrible.

Legion has cool story and single player content but everything else gets slightly boring, personally expected more from karazhan but meh.

Best was TBC, worst Pandaland.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted
    You will always see TBC and Wotlk ranked as the best expansions simply because people view these with nostalgia covered glasses, what's sad is that most don't even realise how biased they are.

Deleted
    TBC / WOTLK can't decide, everything after that made game worse and worse...

Cataclysm - Revamped Azeroth was crap, zones destroyed, epic quests removed, game lost it's soul here
    Pandaria - no comment
    WoD - Rotting in garrison all day
    Legion - Welcome to the world of diablocraft

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    You will always see TBC and Wotlk ranked as the best expansions simply because people view these with nostalgia covered glasses, what's sad is that most don't even realise how biased they are.

Or it could be that they enjoyed those expansions the most because in their OPINION (for whatever reason) they were the best.. but sure let's just ignore that and call them nostalgic fools.

On topic, i still think Cata was the worst.

Deleted
    Best class design - MoP,
    best overall - Legion,
    worst - WoD

Legion(so far)>Wrath>Tbc/Cata>MoP>WoD>Vanilla(not expansion i know)

Best - Legion
    Worst - WoD

Although isn't it a little unfair to judge Legion so early, we are not done with the first tier content even and have hardly an idea of what will come/happen next year and beyond.

Bonus:
    Best in feeling (nostalgia) - BC
    Worst in theme - MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

There have been some good improvements such as Mythic+ 5's which is awesome, but the "LF carry" and key farming i don't agree with to battle the rng monster. I was bored after 10weeks but still tinkering away gearing alts as you do. I think the Legion dungeons are far from the best xpac though. Legendary system and the wq RNG to trinkets and relics hasn't pleased players from what i see, but the zones and quests themselves aren't too bad. Artifact power grinding was easy, i don't see how people have a complaint there unless they are trying to grind it on many toons. Crafting sucks. PVP doesn't seem as popular as even last xpac where it sucked.
    Last edited by fixit; 2016-12-22 at 11:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because your 100th run of Stratholme in vanilla was as epic as your 99th... Jesus stop having rose tinted glasses, the game was grindy and repetitive in it's every state ever. That's what it was always about. Repeating content ad nauseam. Like, it took your guild 50 runs of Molten Core to gear everyone, if not more. That was some serious FUN.