Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So I just noticed something about the new Xpac and GC xp. EVERY mission you do after 70 gives command points so, while lvling up do NOT talk to your companions. Once you hit 70, do allover their convos. You should be able to get the first 3-5 ranks of GC xp from that alone.
    Right now one of the fastest was to get CXP is to farm the snowball holiday quest, which can be repeated endlessly and gives 20 CXP per turn-in. BioWare has confirmed this is intended and is not considered an exploit.

Yep, a holiday mission is the true endgame right now -____________________________-

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you get to kill off a lot of people for the most part.

on a different note, this is probably one of the most accurate comments I've seen on bioware's announced changes to Galactic command

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=128
    Laughed harder than I probably should have, but he's pretty spot on. That's been BW's usual response to everything, completely missing the point of why everyone doesn't like something and making a change that misses the mark bigtime.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-12-18 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Right now one of the fastest was to get CXP is to farm the snowball holiday quest, which can be repeated endlessly and gives 20 CXP per turn-in. BioWare has confirmed this is intended and is not considered an exploit.

Yep, a holiday mission is the true endgame right now -____________________________-
    I think that's only true if you have the cannon as well and if you have decent luck with it. I've gotten a lot of pretty long stretches without a single one before. PvP and GSF are probably still considerably faster, especially with the bonus.

The command system is definitely stupid, and needs to be changed some more. The proposed changes coming next month are okay, but ultimately this whole thing is a distraction from the bigger problem. They just aren't developing highly repeatable end-game content anymore. Especially not at the rate required to retain people in 1-2 months when the shiny new expansion polish is gone. They need an operation. Guilds are a huge part of the glue that holds people to games. I know tons of people who keep playing long after they lose interest in the content purely for their friends in the guild. If you want people to stay you need to give guilds a reason to keep rosters active. A new, progression, op would be huge. Set it apart from the command system. I needs its own normal boss drop loot system with the 4th and highest possible tier.
    Last edited by Treeba; 2016-12-18 at 09:44 PM.

I wonder.......

Has BW/EA finally felt the stupidity that is their new Glactic Command system. The LFG que is barely running now especially for Master FPs. I cannot get a SINGLE one now. I got a few last week and they were FAILS on a level that I have not seen since launch......

I barely see adverts for Ops on Fleet anymore as well. I see plenty of Guild adverts but rare are the Ops run adverts. I am slowly getting to the point of doing PvP now since that is about the only Grp content other than Story Upisings that I can get into

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I still haven't finished the new KoTET story because I found out that in a later chapter you have to choose between two companions to save and I like both of them enough I don't want to go through the part of the story that kills one off, even if I can get them back through a terminal.
    Yeah... I know what you mean. I spent about 20min trying to decide which I should let go and even then is was a bit of a choker. I have decided against using the terminal to bring them back because that would be to much immersion breaking in a game that already has a good amount of immersion issues. Actually through my story I would up killing not one but 2 of my team.

They will be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    HAY GUISE:

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hey folks,

Please keep all of your feedback coming on Command Crates, Command XP, and Galactic Command. The team is always looking over your feedback and looking for ways we can improve the system! We have been reading everything you sent our way, and there are couple of stand-out points (this is by no means everything):
    There needs to be a way to work towards a specific slot of gear to fill in gaps (especially set bonuses) for people who are unlucky with Command Crates.
    Gearing your other characters is too grindy.

With this in mind, the team has some important changes planned for Game Update 5.1 coming next month to address the above concerns! We are finalizing those changes now and will walk you through our plans during this Thursday’s Livestream, 12/15 so be sure to tune in. If you can’t make the stream we will be posting a recap on the forums. I just wanted to let you know that along with the changes we have already made in 5.0a and 5.0.1, your voices are being heard. We look forward to talking with all of you about the upcoming changes.

-eric

PS - I will be back on the stream this week so the stream dream team is back together again.

Actual post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9166882

Changes slated for next month? Sub numbers must have tanked hard. The cynical part of me says the alt cxp problem will likely have a cartel market solution baked in somewhere. "We figured out a way to have you transfer cxp to your alts. Buy a cxp transfer from the CM!"
    ... Somehow I think they are observing Blizzard with Legion's RNG issues, and finding that it's the wrong thing to do by screwing over the players so hard in a Western MMORPG.

While BioWare usually has a lot of empty information with feedback responses, this reponse is more than anything Blizzard has done. =\
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

er

Legion's RNG "issues" are not even comparable with GC's RNG issues.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I would say the titanforging rng crap isn't nearly bad, but the legendaries are worse. I would put legendaries and GC on the same level of incredibly terrible design decisions that should be ridiculed and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    I would say the titanforging rng crap isn't nearly bad, but the legendaries are worse. I would put legendaries and GC on the same level of incredibly terrible design decisions that should be ridiculed and shamed.
    While I agree, I still find GC FAR worse because in WoW Legendaries are icing on the cake while you're playing normally. You'll be earning AP, getting gear and earning other rewards as you're playing and a Legendary may drop.

In GC you're playing to earn ANY reward in the hopes that what you get is useful.

For me it's like this:

Think of an arcade where you can go and play games with friends and those games reward tickets, but there's an additional bonus that you MIGHT be able to earn a super special gold ticket that can be used to buy a super special gold item, but for every opportunity that you don't get a gold ticket the chance that you will find it at the next opportunity goes up until you eventually get one. The prize earned from the gold ticket is random though, but it's still really good and will usually be better than anything else you could earn normally though some of them are pretty disappointing, but are at least somewhat useful. Regardless of whether you're enjoying yourself (I hope you are...that's kind of the point of games) you are earning stuff just by playing, and you will eventually earn a gold ticket, guaranteed if you just keep playing.

That's WoW....

SW:ToR it's still an arcade, but instead of earning normal tickets with the opportunity to get a gold ticket you're earning some kind of weird currency you need to use to buy a NORMAL ticket and the prizes for normal tickets are random but can sometimes be absolutely worthless. There's no guarantee you'll ever get anything useful and there is no bonus chance to get something super special.

GC wins hands down IMO for worst design over WoW Legendaries any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Think of an arcade where you can go and play games with friends and those games reward tickets, but there's an additional bonus that you MIGHT be able to earn a super special gold ticket that can be used to buy a super special gold item, but for every opportunity that you don't get a gold ticket the chance that you will find it at the next opportunity goes up until you eventually get one. The prize earned from the gold ticket is random though, but it's still really good and will usually be better than anything else you could earn normally though some of them are pretty disappointing, but are at least somewhat useful. Regardless of whether you're enjoying yourself (I hope you are...that's kind of the point of games) you are earning stuff just by playing, and you will eventually earn a gold ticket, guaranteed if you just keep playing.

My only problem with GC is that it can take so long to gear up that you'll have trouble gearing up an off spec if you're a class that can tank or heal and dps. The bigger issue with GC, to me, is that the uproar its caused is blocking out the outrage that should be front and center over another expansion that brings no new end game content. There is still some noise for that, but it's mostly drowned out by the loot box whining. As if it matters if you get geared up when there isn't anything to do with that gear. If you're one of the handful of people still playing rated pvp then I feel bad for you, for everyone else... who cares. You've already done all this content and uprisings can be cleared in old 216 gear.

Legendaries wouldn't be so bad if they were exclusively utility or defensive. The power ones are hit or miss except for the ones that make specs. They are addressing this somewhat in 7.1.5, but there will still be specs (like frost mage) that really need those legendaries to be viable. Then to make it worse the rarity of them makes it hard to swap specs. AP was spec limiting early on, but artifact knowledge has gotten to a point where it's very quick to catch-up in AP. Power legendaries on the other hand can still make a spec not viable. If you play fire and you want to swap to arcane or frost for example, but you have no legendaries for those specs you're sacrificing a lot of damage. Obviously if you're a casual player it doesn't matter, but performance is important in mythic raiding or high level M+ runs. It's not just an issue of sometimes getting a super special item. Those super special items can make or break specs which is a huge problem.

The main difference for me is I have some faith blizzard will correct, or at least make the difference slightly less terrible. BW on the other hand is probably a lost cause.
    Last edited by Treeba; 2016-12-23 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    The main difference for me is I have some faith blizzard will correct, or at least make the difference slightly less terrible. BW on the other hand is probably a lost cause.
    I feel the same way. I'm honestly not even that pissed about GC because I don't care about the gear since I only care about completing the story, so gearing up isn't even a concern of mine. Part of me feeling mostly ambivalent towards the system is because I just feel that BioWare is a lost cause. They haven't added truly new end game content in over 2 years, and when they do decide to revamp the game and add new stuff it's this shit box garbage. Story wise I still enjoy it, but I feel like I really only tolerate this level of ineptitude and disappointment because it's Star Wars and I can use the Force and swing around a lightsaber. If this was any other IP, I'm pretty sure I would have uninstalled and never looked back, as it is now I keep the game installed and updated and sub every few months to get my Force fix in.

Blizzard, as you said, I have more faith in. They're by no means perfect and will always do something that will make some people unhappy, but they do a really good job of making the game enjoyable, playable and balanced most of the time.

I'm really surprised that they didn't add any new Heroic 2s. Wasn't that the emergent game play from the last expansion? I farmed the crap out of those.

They couldn't be bothered to make a new planet to add heroics. I don't think you can even get back to any of the new ones. Minimal investment is their thing. I don't know if its funding or incompetence. At this point I'm convinced one team works on the CM and the other team does everything else. I look at the amount of content games like WoW and FF14 can put out every 3-6 months and in just those patches it completely dwarfs an entire year of SWTOR. Heavensward or Legion all, without patches, are probably more content than all of the past 3 SWTOR expansions with patches...
    Last edited by Treeba; 2016-12-24 at 06:29 PM.

they are reusing the assets for uprisings. like... straight up reusing. new planets that can be revisited? pftt

Re-subbed to finish up the Fallen Empire and work through Eternal Throne, it's super fun and super depressing at the same time. Love playing the game and doing the story and just being a saber wielding force using badass....hate knowing that it's a fucking lame ass, lazy, sloggy grind fest once the story is over. =(

So disappointed, I really do love this game.

they are reusing the assets for uprisings. like... straight up reusing. new planets that can be revisited? pftt
    Honestly I don't really mind it. The real bone I have to pick with it is that uprisings are in a separate queue to flashpoints.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Honestly I don't really mind it. The real bone I have to pick with it is that uprisings are in a separate queue to flashpoints.
    that is part of the problem, yes. but what I mind about uprising is that aside from dejavu - its lazy and cheap. that so called new content quite literally required an absolute bear minimum of effort since they are not just reusing maps, they are reusing mechanics as well. which makes me wonder. what in a world is subscription and all those cartel market purchases are going towards???

that is part of the problem, yes. but what I mind about uprising is that aside from dejavu - its lazy and cheap. that so called new content quite literally required an absolute bear minimum of effort since they are not just reusing maps, they are reusing mechanics as well. which makes me wonder. what in a world is subscription and all those cartel market purchases are going towards???
    Rework of major systems, I hope, particularly the server structure. The biggest bone I have to pick with SWTOR is just how bad the GSF queue is on my server, games are always flooded with Rep side having many high-level, good pilots and Imp side having 4-6 deadweights. Horrible for both sides and I don't care what they do, whether it's x-server queues or megaserver or what.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Rework of major systems, I hope, particularly the server structure. The biggest bone I have to pick with SWTOR is just how bad the GSF queue is on my server, games are always flooded with Rep side having many high-level, good pilots and Imp side having 4-6 deadweights. Horrible for both sides and I don't care what they do, whether it's x-server queues or megaserver or what.
    but have they really? they haven't really reworked anything, they just keep changing things for the sake of changing. things that didn't need changing in a first place

SSSooooooo

I have decided to put my loathing of PvP aside and am now PvPing to get my CXP............. It is REALLY fucking sad that you get some good boxes outside of Operations through PvP. First they force single player on you with KotFE and now with KotET they force PvP.

Although I gotta admit, with the removal of Expertise on gear it is a FAR more level playing field. On my Commando, though I am a Bullseye I now survive battles with no more than 8 deaths in a focused match and and can finally hold my own one v one

Its time to end SWTOR.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."