Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    lets say when everyone first did emerald nightmare when it released nobody had like 860 ilvl cause ilvl was capped at 850 from gear until EN unlocked. N gear is 850 and lets say average ilvl on everyone on release was 840-845. you should be able to do Nighthold on Normal at like 865 ilvl i believe im not an expert but thats just what i think correct me if im wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    I can't wait to be told to have 895+ to enter NH normal raid.
    oh god im not ready for that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Lul remember ToV?

Don't expect it to be a cake walk.

Skill>Gear always.
    yeah im 868 ilvl and my guild couldnt kill helya on Normal before the nerfs, havent tried to kill her yet. but my guild probably pugged it already aswell as HC

Quote Originally Posted by mannen1338 View Post
    I can't wait to be told to have 895+ to enter NH normal raid.
    Get ready to link xavius curve + cutting edge for some irrelevant reason as well!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    If you don't like it make your own group?
    Or, hear me out on this one, we can do that AND criticize the people who set silly requirements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Get ready to link xavius curve + cutting edge for some irrelevant reason as well!
    good thing i killed xavius on hc a week ago

That depends on a few things.

1. Did you buy your way to 877? Or earn it? Or get free carries with a key?

2. Are you itemized properly? Are you stacking a useless stat because it boosts your ilevel?

Those are things to consider, if you know how to play and earn your gear you should be fine, if you're optimized well, you'll be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And have people ignore your group because it doesn't say 880+ ONLY

The joy of WoW players
    Yep, I made a group for court of stars for world quest with no initial requirement, no one was listing until 1 860 guy joins and immediately asks me what's my ilvl... (It's around 890 total but who cares it's just a dungeon). In the end he got outdpsed by a random 840 surv hunter (yeah I found a surv hunter in a pug finder). So yeah, with raid pugs it's even more funny because you need more people and 1 can't carry the whole team.

Apparently if you don't put ilvl requirements it's insta assumed you're trash ilvl and want to get boosted.

Anyway the OP didn't state does he mean clear Nighthold with pug or with friends / guild?

I'm pretty sure killing some bosses in normal NH will be easy with pugs but about Gul'dan and "clearing" no idea, you remember normal Archi pugs? Most were either asking you to overgear it by miles or failing miserably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If Normal drops 875 gear then 865-874 should be a goood item level to start at, imo. No one running for gear is going to want to run a raid that awards lower item lvl gear than they already have.
    I have an average ilvl of 882 equipped. I still have a few 870 items and even some 865's.
    I actually just checked, I have 3 870 items, 2 865's (relics though), and an 860.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2016-12-22 at 05:07 PM.

If the trend continues from ToV expect the raid to be tuned for an item lever higher than the base item level it drops since they have to take titanforging and sockets into account.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    /snip
    What was the reason for capitalizing "it" at every use?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Or, hear me out on this one, we can do that AND criticize the people who set silly requirements.
    Exactly. You can make your own group but at the same time people shouldn't make ridiculous requirements.

The amount of PUGs I've joined to either help or just run the raid/Mythic+ for fun and they're, in fact, looking for a carry is mind numbing. Pull your weight. Don't expect other to do it for you by lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    And have nobody join because they'd rather try and fail to get into a "good" group than risk wiping?
    Sounds like you are in the minority then.

And have people ignore your group because it doesn't say 880+ ONLY

The joy of WoW players

You are not entitled to anything. Get over it.

Exactly. You can make your own group but at the same time people shouldn't make ridiculous requirements.
    So every Tuesday when I run a 30 minute N-EN with an 870+ only group I should feel bad about not joining the 60+ minute 840+ group?

No. Thats OK. I run content my guild no longer bothers with for AP and Legendary hits. Your time is not more important than mine and I am under no obligation to, morally or otherwise, to play with lower geared players.

Apparently other like-minded people like me exist, thus we have these kinds of groups. Just because you cannot join them does not make them bad. Group with people of similar mindsets.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-12-22 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds like you are in the minority then.

You are not entitled to anything. Get over it.

So every Tuesday when I run a 30 minute N-EN with an 870+ only group I should feel bad about not joining the 60+ minute 840+ group?

No. Thats OK. I run content my guild no longer bothers with for AP and Legendary hits. Your time is not more important than mine and I am under no obligation to, morally or otherwise, to play with lower geared players.

Apparently other like-minded people like me exist, thus we have these kinds of groups. Just because you cannot join them does not make them bad. Group with people of similar mindsets.
    Ah the whole "You're not entitled" BS. Actually I am entitled to call out stupid behaviour regarding ilvl. "We're so hardcore we outgear content only"

Thankfully I don't play with these people

I mean, are you 870+ yourself?

I'm saying people who basically, for example, set what you cited--an 870+ requirement--when they themselves are, just throwing out a random number here, 840~.

Sorry that my point was misinterpreted I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I have an average ilvl of 882 equipped. I still have a few 870 items and even some 865's.
    I actually just checked, I have 3 870 items, 2 865's (relics though), and an 860.
    If you have 3rd or even 4th legendary in your bags it inflated total ilvl a lot even though Blizzard stated they have no intent of lifting the limit of 2 legendaries equipped yet. Even having 2 legendaries on you and the artifact it's 3 900+ items inflating the overall.

With trinkets and jewellery it's often not "best ilvl" what is best to use so often people have to equip lower piece and keep the higher one in bags / bank just in case.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-12-22 at 05:56 PM.

Thankfully I don't play with these people
    Then the problem is solved for you before it begins.

Actually I am entitled to call out stupid behaviour regarding ilvl.
    And other people are entitled to call out your misguided anger. Two-way street and all that jazz.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, are you 870+ yourself?

I'm saying people who basically, for example, set what you cited--an 870+ requirement--when they themselves are, just throwing out a random number here, 840~.

Sorry that my point was misinterpreted I guess.
    Yea I was more commenting on the people who just seem to be spiteful when a bunch of 880+ pugs get together overgeared content.

In regards to someone 840 only inviting 880 people... well, its their group? Not sure I see a problem with that? Hell, people pay us upwards of 300,000 gold to carry them through just heroic content. These guys are getting carries for free. lol
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-12-22 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Then the problem is solved for you before it begins.
    Doesn't mean it isn't a fundamental issue with the community that Blizzard perhaps should address since you're looking at new people getting alienated immediately

Nighthold will have a gear spread of 20 ilvl. Gul'dan will drop higher ilvl on normal than first bossmon heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you have 3rd or even 4th legendary in your bags it inflated total ilvl a lot even though Blizzard stated they have no intent of lifting the limit of 2 legendaries equipped yet. Even having 2 legendaries on you and the artifact it's 3 900+ items inflating the overall.

With trinkets and jewellery it's often not "best ilvl" what is best to use so often people have to equip lower piece and keep the higher one in bags / bank just in case.
    I said 882 equipped. But yeah, having legendaries and the weapon inflate your ilvl was kinda the point I was trying to get across to Winter. Just because people are in 880+, doesn't mean they don't need loot that's 875.

Also I didn't mention, but my other trinket is 855 because it's still BiS for me.

Doesn't mean it isn't a fundamental issue with the community that Blizzard perhaps should address since you're looking at new people getting alienated immediately
    No, they can either group with other new people, or the multitudes of guilds look for new members, or even other pugs who willingly run low-end content with low-end players.

I see guilds advertising nearly 24/7 in trade chat they are recruiting for raids.

Honestly, I think you are over exaggerating this perceived problem. Greatly.

You can always do raids in a gear level lower than that the raid drops. That is how WoW has always worked.