Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    £20.99 (GOTY edition) was lowest price on GOG, be surprised if goes any lower for a while, but one can hope
    20 is what i wanted it for!

Yar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Well, i say i already bought everything i wanted this Christmas already, few hours before the Steam Sale.
    Yeah, that's where I am at as well, I pretty much already picked up all the games I wanted in earlier winter sales. Watch Dogs 2 is really the only game I can think of and that is pretty new so I don't know how much of a discount it could get. That said, there will probably be a few things that pop up for cheap that I will end up buying. Probably some older games I just had not thought of will drop down to a few bucks and I will buy them just to have them sit in my games list and never actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    (although it may be a good idea to wait 30 minutes, because the servers are always slammed the first 30 or so minutes).
    True, servers will be getting slaughtered, but the early bird may also catch any of the "whoops, we put the game for 99% off" bugs
    We're not waiting on anyone. 5 mins til go time. It's like an electronic Black Friday thing. Must be first.

- - - Updated - - -

Get two free trading cards each day Plus, find great deals
    Just by exploring your Discovery Queue. Click here to learn more.
    Go do it guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Steam's servers are getting hammers. Guess I will check back in an hour or so. Hopefully things will calm down by then.

Deleted
    Had a quick nosey, didn't see anything special. Think other sites have steam beat in terms of deals for quite some time now.

Deleted
    These sales are so fucking bad, its ridiculous! I think the last time I bought a Game directly from Steam was like 2013 ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Winter Sale going on now?

I can barely load Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfinna View Post
    Is the Winter Sale going on now?

I can barely load Steam.
    The latter should answer the former.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Watchdogs 2? £27?

Yoink

Had a quick nosey, didn't see anything special. Think other sites have steam beat in terms of deals for quite some time now.
    Yeah, we are beating a rotten horse at this point. After the refund policy (good) and the removal of daily deals (boring), Steam sales are slightly inferior to other legit retailers. I think it's also the fact that Steam is so mainstream that there aren't many cheapskates as myself trying to save a buck or two on a discount and looking on isthereanydeal for the best price, otherwise Valve would try to compete, since they take a 30% cut on any sales on their platform.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Yeah, we are beating a rotten horse at this point. After the refund policy (good) and the removal of daily deals (boring), Steam sales are slightly inferior to other legit retailers. I think it's also the fact that Steam is so mainstream that there aren't many cheapskates as myself trying to save a buck or two on a discount and looking on isthereanydeal for the best price, otherwise Valve would try to compete, since they take a 30% cut on any sales on their platform.
    30%!? Sheesh!
    i still don't understand why more devs/publishers don't give gamers an option to buy directly from them. Makes more sense for them to get the monies.

30%!? Sheesh!
    i still don't understand why more devs/publishers don't give gamers an option to buy directly from them. Makes more sense for them to get the monies.
    30% has been the standard for platform holders (which Valve technically is : P) since like, forever.

And publishers have been moving away, that's why EA only releases through Origin, Ubisoft created uPlay, etc. It's just that Steam is such a massive platform, that it's extremely difficult to try to really challenge them, so losing 30% (which is the same as what they lose on consoles) to get access to the huge Steam customer base is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Watchdogs 2? £27?

Yoink
    I am not sure what that is in $, but gamersgate.com has it for $32.99.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    30% has been the standard for platform holders (which Valve technically is : P) since like, forever.

And publishers have been moving away, that's why EA only releases through Origin, Ubisoft created uPlay, etc. It's just that Steam is such a massive platform, that it's extremely difficult to try to really challenge them, so losing 30% (which is the same as what they lose on consoles) to get access to the huge Steam customer base is worth it.
    I was going to say, surely folk would head to the devs/publishers site to pay for the game there, but having seen loads asking on GOG & other sites for a steam key, perhaps not ;p

Steam makes me think of Denuvo.
    "Here, stick Denuvo in & we'll charge you a ridiculous amount", just swap Denuvo for steam (although both are used at times too )

Just thought, those that pay for Denuvo, also paying 30% to steam, that's a ridiculous lump sum lost!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am not sure what that is in $, but gamersgate.com has it for $32.99.
    Ignore. I can't work google today.

Cheaper on gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Just thought, those that pay for Denuvo, also paying 30% to steam, that's a ridiculous lump sum lost!
    Steam alone won't stop people from cracking games, though lately neither will Denuvo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I caved and I bought

Witcher 3- Game of the year
    Super Hexagon
    The Stanley Parable
    Darksiders Warmastered Edition
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Borderlands 2 GOTY

Steam alone won't stop people from cracking games, though lately neither will Denuvo.
    And still we have studios showing you don't need these insanely expensive DRM modules to sell your game.

Deleted
    True indeed.
    Shame it hasn't led them to start doing DRM free releases too, but ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    20 is what i wanted it for!

Yar!
    Looks like you'll have to cough up that extra 99p still
    That or sell cards to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    And still we have studios showing you don't need these insanely expensive DRM modules to sell your game.
    Yup, but I can't begrudge a studio for wanting to protect their software. I'm not a fan of DRM, but I can't fault a developer for exploring/using it.

Though none use them as "selling" points, nor does the DRM impact the MSRP of the games.