Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Should I go with Sanctified Wrath when I have Ilterendi legendary, and the guild's prot paladin uses JoL? Also, is +12 Chrono Shard better than 860 int/crit stat stick? I am currently using 885 Vial and the 860 stat stick, but I also have Nightbane Urn. My mana is usually good.
    Last edited by Armaph; 2016-12-17 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaph View Post
    Should I go with Sanctified Wrath when I have Ilterendi legendary, and the guild's prot paladin uses JoL? Also, is +12 Chrono Shard better than 860 int/crit stat stick? I am currently using 885 Vial and the 860 stat stick, but I also have Nightbane Urn. My mana is usually good.
    You should go JoL regardless of your tank. Also stat sticks will usually be better than anything period. All you need to consider is to switch chrono shard for vial which personally I don't think is worth while but you should check out the holy spreadsheet to confirm. Stat stick and urn is probably your best bet.

Is Judgement of Light, that much better then SW?

Just started raiding, and we have another holy paladin, and he has so much healing from JOL.

I figured the cooldown on HS, with using BoF would be better, but perhaps I am wrong;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post
    Is Judgement of Light, that much better then SW?

Just started raiding, and we have another holy paladin, and he has so much healing from JOL.

I figured the cooldown on HS, with using BoF would be better, but perhaps I am wrong;
    Well in what raid are tanks being destroyed so often that a shortened cd on is going to help them. In most cases a good deal of those HS hits are going to be wasted. JoL is a good steady source of aoe healing for the entire raid and should do more than the extra 5 seconds of SW will.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Well in what raid are tanks being destroyed so often that a shortened cd on is going to help them. In most cases a good deal of those HS hits are going to be wasted. JoL is a good steady source of aoe healing for the entire raid and should do more than the extra 5 seconds of SW will.
    Got it. Makes sense.

Even with 2 paladins, we can both use JOL?

I tried jol again for a bit, but with a pally tank, my Stacks just never get used. I think it uses his first or something, because I get about 7% of my heals from jol when he's not around, but less than 3% when he is lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    I tried jol again for a bit, but with a pally tank, my Stacks just never get used. I think it uses his first or something, because I get about 7% of my heals from jol when he's not around, but less than 3% when he is lol.
    It shouldnt work like that.

Hey guys, so not myself, but our newish groups hpally we recruited a couple of weeks ago. He tops recount/Skada every fight, but with LotM, so logs are obviously significantly different with self inflicted damage taken off the total.
    I personally have switched to holy last week so I am very new to the spec. Basically, how do I tell him he is wrong to spam LotM? Goonqueenqt
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...02&end=4713290

77 LotM vs 6 BF on Mythic Ursoc (14th pull first kill)
    Last edited by Verf; 2016-12-22 at 06:32 PM.

It shouldnt work like that.
    Yeah, I was really hoping it wasn't/didn't, but I can't think of any reason why there'd be a such a difference when the only factor that changed was when we had a pally tank or not. I kept JoL on CD pretty much, but I could see the icon on the enemy with the stack count and it would just sit at 40 for most of the duration (and there was definitely damage to be healed), and if/when I overwrote my own JoL with another, it would start using stacks for a little bit, then it would stop again (as if the prot pally has then used his JoL and now his stacks were being used).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was really hoping it wasn't/didn't, but I can't think of any reason why there'd be a such a difference when the only factor that changed was when we had a pally tank or not. I kept JoL on CD pretty much, but I could see the icon on the enemy with the stack count and it would just sit at 40 for most of the duration (and there was definitely damage to be healed), and if/when I overwrote my own JoL with another, it would start using stacks for a little bit, then it would stop again (as if the prot pally has then used his JoL and now his stacks were being used).
    Do you have any logs to look at exactly what was happening?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verf View Post
    Hey guys, so not myself, but our newish groups hpally we recruited a couple of weeks ago. He tops recount/Skada every fight, but with LotM, so logs are obviously significantly different with self inflicted damage taken off the total.
    I personally have switched to holy last week so I am very new to the spec. Basically, how do I tell him he is wrong to spam LotM? Goonqueenqt

He's wrong because as logs are saying, he is effectively doing a half decent heal and causing damage to himself other healers have to deal with. LotM should only be used on the move or maybe if someone is literally about to die and you need an instant heal when HS is on CD. He also isn't doing beneficial tank healing because Lotm does not transfer and HS/FoL combos will do more overall hps without causing him damage in return. Lotm may make you a skada/recount hero, but it's a lie since those addons won't account for the drawback in hps. Also lotm is a fun lazy spec to just spam on people and let other healers do the hard work for you. If he refuses to stop playing like that I would suggest finding another healer because come harder progression he'll hold you back.

Do you have any logs to look at exactly what was happening?

- - - Updated - - -

He's wrong because as logs are saying, he is effectively doing a half decent heal and causing damage to himself other healers have to deal with. LotM should only be used on the move or maybe if someone is literally about to die and you need an instant heal when HS is on CD. He also isn't doing beneficial tank healing because Lotm does not transfer and HS/FoL combos will do more overall hps without causing him damage in return. Lotm may make you a skada/recount hero, but it's a lie since those addons won't account for the drawback in hps. Also lotm is a fun lazy spec to just spam on people and let other healers do the hard work for you. If he refuses to stop playing like that I would suggest finding another healer because come harder progression he'll hold you back.
    Yeah, I tried explaining that to him but he doesn't seem to grasp it. I told my GMAIL I am switching to holy anyway as I was bored of ret outside of raid, and the healing officer agreed that we should leave him benched for a rsham/priest, considering I was pulling only slightly less on logs with ret gear on and a weeks worth of raid xp as holy. Thanks for confirming this anyway so I can show the RL. I joked about competition on my holy relics and people were starting to think I was serious lol

Do you have any logs to look at exactly what was happening?.

Unfortunately not, but I'll run JoL for a full run next time we raid (might be after the holidays now) so that you can see what's happening and maybe figure it out (I'm useless at log-reading lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately not, but I'll run JoL for a full run next time we raid (might be after the holidays now) so that you can see what's happening and maybe figure it out (I'm useless at log-reading lol).
    You should run logs anyways. Many people here can go over logs quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verf View Post

He could easily be doing 400-500k on ursoc if he stopped spamming LoTM and learned how to use his spells the right way.

Deleted
    I'm new to Holy and don't understand exactly how Aura of Sacrifice is working. People are doing huge healing with it when I sit at max 50% of their healing. So my question is how are you supposed to use it the correct way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mammuten View Post
    I'm new to Holy and don't understand exactly how Aura of Sacrifice is working. People are doing huge healing with it when I sit at max 50% of their healing. So my question is how are you supposed to use it the correct way?
    It snapshots your EFFECTIVE healing. I.e. no overhealing. So if you have a 1.5m heal on a tank. then 15% of that (225k) will be snapshot on the entire raid within the aura. 20 man raid not topped up means you just did 225k x 20 = 4.5m healing. Now that's just one heal, you have likely 6-7 more seconds to heal for even more. If however you mess up and waste heals or pop it at the wrong point or with other healing cds from other healers you will see it drop quite a bit.

You should run logs anyways. Many people here can go over logs quickly.
    Ah I found the logs - I thought I hadn't run them but I did.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

Note that I think I switched out of JoL after using it for a bit because it seemed buggy, so it won't be on every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I found the logs - I thought I hadn't run them but I did.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

Note that I think I switched out of JoL after using it for a bit because it seemed buggy, so it won't be on every fight.
    So it seems there is some weird crossover for JoL. With that said some fights you neglected to cast judge on cd, fix that, but on some logs it shows times where your JoL isn't used at all and the tanks is, and vice versa.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24true%2420271

First graph is you. Second graph tank. You can clearly see where your JoL didn't anything and his did and vice versa. The next two graphs are your judge casts and his, and the final is an overview of JoL healing, if you click on your name and his on that graph you will see the crossover where which JoL healed and when.

I could have used another fight, but they were relatively the same. Consistancy here is gonna be off a little because normal fights do very little damage and you might even waste entire JoL stacks. Heroic or higher will probably give the best outcome with your JoL being used completely.

EDIT: As the above seems to be true for odyn and guarm where normal mode damage might be a little lackluster and bursty where you will get little out of JoL. Helya shows JoL doing much better and the tank AND your JoL are being used to a good extent. Helya damage in phase one is a little more constant and realistic in using JoL procs instead of burst heals capping hp out immediately on other fights and stopping the stacks from being used. You had many more casts of Judge than compared to guarm above as well.

So it seems there is some weird crossover for JoL. With that said some fights you neglected to cast judge on cd, fix that, but on some logs it shows times where your JoL isn't used at all and the tanks is, and vice versa.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...24true%2420271

First graph is you. Second graph tank. You can clearly see where your JoL didn't anything and his did and vice versa. The next two graphs are your judge casts and his, and the final is an overview of JoL healing, if you click on your name and his on that graph you will see the crossover where which JoL healed and when.

I could have used another fight, but they were relatively the same. Consistancy here is gonna be off a little because normal fights do very little damage and you might even waste entire JoL stacks. Heroic or higher will probably give the best outcome with your JoL being used completely.

EDIT: As the above seems to be true for odyn and guarm where normal mode damage might be a little lackluster and bursty where you will get little out of JoL. Helya shows JoL doing much better and the tank AND your JoL are being used to a good extent. Helya damage in phase one is a little more constant and realistic in using JoL procs instead of burst heals capping hp out immediately on other fights and stopping the stacks from being used. You had many more casts of Judge than compared to guarm above as well.
    Thank you for the analysis. I kinda got disenfranchised with jol when I noticed it was being weird so I let my uptime slack. From what you can see on the log there, do you still recommend I run jol when the pally tank is around, or will that give me less healing than SW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the analysis. I kinda got disenfranchised with jol when I noticed it was being weird so I let my uptime slack. From what you can see on the log there, do you still recommend I run jol when the pally tank is around, or will that give me less healing than SW?
    Honestly with where you are at in progression it seems there is minimal healing and not enough to justify JoL. If you get the legendary ring run JoL no matter what, but until then I would just go JoL on progression or if the pally stops using it. The lack of damage happening and the bursty nature of it in your raid doesn't seem to favor it atm. Also, if you are going to try JoL again. Judge more often. You are a bit behind in that sense. Use it on CD.