If you get 2 BiS legendaries, switch loot spec?

Since we're not likely to get to equip 3 legendaries for months, I'm assuming if you were blessed by the RNG gods and got your MS's 2 BiS legendaries, the logical choice would be to change your loot spec to OS and work on that?

Or do you think it makes sense to try to squeeze out the 3rd and have it ready for 3 legendary equips?

I'd be interested to hear what more hardcore players are doing.

Blizzard is patching legendaries every patch, so you have no idea what the "bis legendaries" gonna be. Why would you want to get legendaries for your offspec you won't use anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Their system is completely broken right now and is pissing several people off already. If this new patch doesn't fix it, I'll be out of this mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

It's not really a clear cut for most specs. On a AoE fight your 4th bis might become God legendary. 7.1.5 will change BiS for everyone. If you got 3 legendaries that are spec specific the next one is more likely to be shared spec or shared class legendary that you can use on both your off specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Blizzard is patching legendaries every patch, so you have no idea what the "bis legendaries" gonna be. Why would you want to get legendaries for your offspec you won't use anyway?
    Because blizzard is also good at buffing random specs and making them they best spec
    Or because certain fights one spec is better than the other.

As a durid I MS tanking, moonkin. Use both specs frequently and some legendaries that my MK could use would be fantastic

I'm collecting as many main spec legendaries as possible, they might be adjusted in the future so i want aa many as possible, it might also too late to start farming when they unlock the 3rd legendary slot. Not to mention it also increases your chance you get a specific/new legendary in case you want another one in the future
    I'm not a hardcore player though, after all it comes down to how dedicated you are to your main spec
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-12-22 at 09:25 PM.

From the changes, Blizz seems incapable of redesigning existing legendaries in that way. They appear willing to add in new ones that will be BiS or at least one of the two best. The system is basically to wait for new legendaries in the next patch for possibly better ones, but if you have current ones you can totally switch loot spec to get good ones for other specs.

As Legion has gone so far, the rate of legendaries switching places for BiS is almost nonexistent while specs within a class switching between best and worst happens quite often.

It'll always be a gamble. The BiS ones might not be that in the next patch or once you gear improves later on. Heck, your current spec might be shit the next patch. For immediate use though, yeah, its probably best to change the spec.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-12-22 at 09:50 PM.

Ret is a good example of BiS changing.

It was our cloak and ring, but now that our belt is getting changed, I believe its going to replace the ring from what I've read. (the ring is getting a slight nerf)

15+ Year Old Account
    Id wait for 3bis before changing, or just not changing unless ur doing very high M+ or top50 raiding
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s