10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Finished To Be Hero.

Honestly, I'm still confused what the hell this was suppose to be. It feels almost like they used an assortment of dice and a dart board to figure out what the plot would be for each episode, and they were torn between making it an emotional anime or a gag anime, and it ended up a complete mess.

I mean, the ending half was around mediocrity, and the start was just awful.

So I'd stick it at about a 4/10.
    Chinese ending was a bit different.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...final/dbgu94r/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

Yeh it did fell like end is lacking. Its interesting they based it on real life of producer.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

That's definitely something that would make more sense, although I'm not quite sure it would drastically change my opinion of it, aside to think think "Well, I wasn't really the target anyway of it".

Side note though, holy jesus that new One Piece chapter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's definitely something that would make more sense, although I'm not quite sure it would drastically change my opinion of it, aside to think think "Well, I wasn't really the target anyway of it".

Side note though, holy jesus that new One Piece chapter.
    Well it was better than most of the recent anime storywise. This season is pretty weak. Most of things that are saving it are things from other seasons like gundam, stray dogs and wixiros. Of the new things i only liked magical girls, izieta and drifters (tho izieta only had some good action, but to much female romance at end).

I liked it because it was something different + it has best anime ending OP this season:

Anyway -- to be hero story goes like this:

*The main characters project gets stolen
    *His wife leaves him
    *When he is free, him and his daughter make a comic book
    *His daughter gets a boyfriend
    *He is working hard and lying to his daughter
    *He collapses and ends in coma
    *His daughter reads him a comic story when he is in coma
    **He is coma dreaming of what we see in the anime
    **Its coma turns the comic story into his reality and he doesnt realize he is out cold
    **The longer the story goes, more objects of his memory unlock, while last one (wich is comic book) makes him realize he is just dreaming and defeating the evil guy (him), frees him from it
    *He wakes up, totaly fat due to who know how long he was out (probaly 2 years)

1 more day:
    Last edited by Yunru; 2016-12-22 at 04:10 PM.

Haven't watched Euphonium's new episode but I know what's coming and it's making me hesitant to watch because I don't want to feel things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Just finished Angel Beats - it was one of my first anime when I really picked up watching anime 5 years ago. This is one I really enjoyed: lots of feeling, and a solid fucking end. I'm about to watch the OVAs though: I swear to god - if this ends up like the Oreimo OVAs, I'm quitting anime for good and picking up playing horseshoes instead.
    I'm usually actually pretty understanding of people's opinion's of anime/best girls/etc (even though I like to shit-talk cause it's fun) but besides the soundtrack, I can't understand anybody praising Angel Beats. It's probably one of the worst shows I've ever watched. Just curious as to what you liked about it.

Also, was looking forward to Glass Reflection's "Review Week of Awesome" since Shinsekai Yori just barely missed making the vote last year and figured it would making it this year. I also was hoping Oregairu s2 was going to be in there since he seemed to like the last part of s1 a lot. I don't always agree with the guy's opinions, and he's especially nitpicky sometimes, but I do enjoy his videos because they're well-made and he's articulate about his thoughts. So Oregairu s2 just barely missed the top 5 at #6 and Shinsekai Yori was #16. Fucking Avatar made the top 5 as did Tokyo Ghoul √A. Jojo's also made the cut, but at least it's interesting to see how people react to the show since it's such a fucking odd show.

Kizu second movie raw is out on the cat site and OHH BABY bless shaft for this!

https://my.mixtape.moe/bnjauy.webm

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sj There were quite a few things I liked about Angel Beats: premise is a big part of it. I really got into the idea that there was a limbo where people stayed until they were ready to pass on, and these children were rebelling against it. For the most part, these children experienced truly shitty things in life well before you're supposed to know life can be shit. Yuri's story is a horrifying one and I latched onto it. My mother does foster care and we've had many children come through our house temporarily tht experience this kind of thing. The one most similar is a father (high on heroin) thought his daughter hid his pipe so he was giving his son (~2 years old) burns across his arm using a towel, antifreeze and ice salt (may have been more). By the time the cops came, arm was a bloody mess, which gave him some pretty terrible scars - she was only 7, but she was fucked mentally by the time her brother and herself made it to our house, and still had symptoms when they were placed 1.5 years later

I also enjoy the light hearted, yet still serious, tone to the anime. The characters they focused on had enough depth to them, and I looked forward to how thry solved some problems. I thought it looked really beautiful and I'm a sucker for white hair/quiet girl.

Lastly, the end was very satisfying. I liked seeing people overcome their 'issue' that is keeping them there. Seeing Yui's team move on, then finally herself, made me happy. I liked learning more about Otonashi - I loved that it wasn't another kid that was damaged (sadly, his sister) but one that was working towards bettering himself to help the world. Seeing him die beforehand but himself being happy that he helped another by being an organ donor. Sure, Angel being the recipient doesn't make sense chronologically, but I explain it to myself that he was put in limbo after she had passed nd settled herself.

TL: DR - I have bad taste, and I'm easily pleased by stories that are cute with some humor.

Keijo: Solid show that kept me entertained with its' hilarious moves, and the last battle was great.
    Last edited by Pejo; 2016-12-23 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Keijo: Solid show that kept me entertained with its' hilarious moves, and the last battle was great.
    It's aots

10+ Year Old Account
    Its friday:
    ...its time to ruin your favorite anime...

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus:

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I can't wait so much. Let it be half as good as CG and it's an AOTY in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its friday:
    ...its time to ruin your favorite anime...

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus:
    You need to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    You need to stop.
    Good thing it's the final ep today.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Tumblr is telling me that there will be a crossover collabaration between RE:Zero and Konosuba
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/deaba1d7...tw2o3_1280.jpg

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Please be at 2099

Drifters: Unfortunately by using MAL as the scoring metric, there are no decimals. I'd give it an 8.5 if so, but will settle with a strong 8. Liked this series a lot and looking forward to the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Drifters: Unfortunately by using MAL as the scoring metric, there are no decimals. I'd give it an 8.5 if so, but will settle with a strong 8. Liked this series a lot and looking forward to the next season.
    Its pretty good, but i hope they add other historical persons, like red baron for example (drifters) or Simon Bolivar (as betwen the drifers and ends) or Cezar (he was betrayed and killed, so he kinda counts as end).

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its pretty good, but i hope they add other historical persons, like red baron for example (drifters) or Simon Bolivar (as betwen the drifers and ends) or Cezar (he was betrayed and killed, so he kinda counts as end).
    Similar feelings. Not sure if this is a spoiler necessarily but, the anime adapted about half of the manga. I'm not entirely sure I want to read it, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    hibike describing this year quite well?:P

[CENTER]