SPEC 3:
    FsC/GA with FP + IC
    735k 3 targets
    330k single target

SPEC 4:
    FsC/GA with FP + Avalanche
    715k 3 targets
    325k single target

ALL 4mins 30 second timers using dummy in my class hall. No dragon used or empower rune weapon. no flask pots or food buff used. I only did each run once so yeh some RNG maybe skew the numbers.
    This is as fair as I can run it between all specs. Now I know my <10 setup its Spec 3. but when I get to +10 and have to consider more boss dps and nuking ability with some keystone affixes, which spec is pref? still 4? im at the point now I want to be running +10's more often so its something I need to be setup for.

My current unbuffed stat weights are:

25% crit
    25% Haste
    37% mastery
    7% vers
    Equipped ilvl = 881

If your thinking about flaming me coz of my low numbers then just dont bother, my skill rating is my own to deal with and ive spent alot of time trying to get the rotation down and thats what im working with, your skill could FAR beat mine I just dont care for that. based on your experience with +10 and above what would you want to have ideally.
    Now I know this depends on setup but truth is I pug a lot and i'm no hardcore gamer anymore im 31 and yes a lot takes over wow. but at the same time I dont want to be carried in mythic's. I dont get to prepare the setup id like often and I just run with what ever the KS holder invites, with that in mind. which dmg output would be more suitable for the +10's and above

Oh and I know the affix will change it.

please help :x

oh and merry xmas to all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecs View Post
    Hi all.

SPEC 1:
    RA/OB with FP + IC
    600k 3 targets
    385k single target

SPEC 2:
    RA/OB with FP + Avalanche
    635k 3 targets
    370k single target

SPEC 3:
    FsC/GA with FP + IC
    735k 3 targets
    330k single target

SPEC 4:
    FsC/GA with FP + Avalanche
    715k 3 targets
    325k single target

ALL 4mins 30 second timers using dummy in my class hall. No dragon used or empower rune weapon. no flask pots or food buff used. I only did each run once so yeh some RNG maybe skew the numbers.
    This is as fair as I can run it between all specs. Now I know my <10 setup its Spec 3. but when I get to +10 and have to consider more boss dps and nuking ability with some keystone affixes, which spec is pref? still 4? im at the point now I want to be running +10's more often so its something I need to be setup for.

My current unbuffed stat weights are:

25% crit
    25% Haste
    37% mastery
    7% vers
    Equipped ilvl = 881

If your thinking about flaming me coz of my low numbers then just dont bother, my skill rating is my own to deal with and ive spent alot of time trying to get the rotation down and thats what im working with, your skill could FAR beat mine I just dont care for that. based on your experience with +10 and above what would you want to have ideally.
    Now I know this depends on setup but truth is I pug a lot and i'm no hardcore gamer anymore im 31 and yes a lot takes over wow. but at the same time I dont want to be carried in mythic's. I dont get to prepare the setup id like often and I just run with what ever the KS holder invites, with that in mind. which dmg output would be more suitable for the +10's and above

Oh and I know the affix will change it.

please help :x

oh and merry xmas to all!
    Hi.

In my opnion:

Always take Icecap. Even if Ava is better dmg, Ice Cap makes you have stun more often = win.

Always take GA. Dungeons is mostly cleave, and OB is not alot ahead ST.

Then you choose Fsc/RA depending on:

Do we have good AoE (Say fire mage, hunter in the group?) - take RA.

Do we have good ST (Say SP, Assa rogue in the group?) - Take Fsc.

This choice can also depend on dungeon. In CoS its mostly smaller packs, and ST is very important. In a instance like Nel - there is alot of small mobs.

So wait, you're soloing m+10? In frost spec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    So wait, you're soloing m+10? In frost spec?
    Ha!. no it means I dont really run with guild groups I just pug mostly all. so I treat myself as a lone ranger who just has to adapt to my own abilities.

regarding the GA addition to the RA .. I like it, just ran a lowbie 5 to see how it fit into the rotation, and yeh felt better than the oblit. cant explain it but it felt more fluid, not having to use another lenghtly CD. like empower rune weapon. but using it on CD.

Ty for that.

Yep, GA is great in dungeons. Obliteration is a ST-only talent, and like Faylo said, it's only ahead in ST by a little bit.

Deleted
    only ahead in ST by a little bit.

just a little bit

Deleted
    Yep, just under 3%.
    And if thats' 3% is from sim then if you used it and had to react to something taking prio then its lost. where GA its a single instant cast dps. making sure you get all the benefit from oblit sometimes does not happen for what ever reason.

example use Oblit. get a debuf where you must run away.. all is lost.

Yes, exactly. It's very hard to mess up GA, now that they fixed the bug where it doesn't hit anything.

Deleted
    Yep, just under 3%.
    i take it your gear isn't gemmed and enchanted and you don't use food or flasks either

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    i take it your gear isn't gemmed and enchanted and you don't use food or flasks either
    Irrelevant. They're talking about giving up 3% single target dmg, for 20% (or something) extra aoe dmg, for 5-man content.

Very few exclusively single-target raid bosses too.

Deleted
    +20% on aoe? don't be ridiculous
    the thread is about >m+10 and even ignoring the affixes, and you aren't realistically gonna pull the entire instance for sicknasty aoe

here's 6 targets over ~40 seconds with a modified obliteration rotation (spamming 1rune obliterate to fish for rime)

and here's with frostscythe

numbers slightly inflated because i'm too lazy to remove sindragosa from the list but you can see the difference on aoe is marginal and that doesn't account for all the times when GA glitches out and whiffs
    yes obliteration will be down on half the pulls in this scenario but even then the loss is tiny and is made up for by up to 20k additional boss dps which is very relevant on some of them

tl;dr GA is shit

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    You threw a hissy fit over 3% (I'd imagine it's closer to 2% in practice for most players) single target loss, yet 5-10% aoe gain is marginal?

Everybody can make that decision for themselves. As there are few true single-target fights these days, I personally prefer GA as my "default" talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    You threw a hissy fit over 3% (I'd imagine it's closer to 2% in practice for most players) single target loss, yet 5-10% aoe gain is marginal?
    Some people just NEED to be right, y'know?

Best way to deal with them is to just ignore them or 'I see ' and pretend like they didn't say anything

I run avalanche/ra/ga for everything. I used to run icecap but I seem to lose too much dps by switching. I've ran other high m+ with fcs/ga dks as well as ra/ob dks and ra/ga consistency in aoe and st can't be beat. Maybe it's not ahead on sims but IN game, where there are tons of variables that can effect dps, it still is the most consistent set up to me at least.

I'm a frost dk with mythic +15 completion in time, so this is what I run and my recommendation to you: frostcythe and glacial advance. I have the bracers so ice cap for me is a no brainer, not sure if avalanche will provide more damage over all, but having it up for almost every pull just feels so nice. It's more of a matter of preference there.

Now, what I really will push for is to go with frostscythe. So many dks have this idea that they think they can get away with taking RA and relying on rime procs, remorseless winter and frozen pulse for their aoe. With fsc you still use rw and fp so it comes down to fsc vs rime procs and it's not even a contest between them, fsc wins out. Sure some pulls you might get a rime proc after every oblit and do really high dmg, but most of the time you won't, and going like 5 oblits in a row with no rime just feels so bad. Why rely on rng when you can go with constant high damage.

The argument is that RA will provide a lot more damage on bosses, and sure that would be true in a raid, but in a dungeon where boss fights aren't really that long it becomes less noticeable, even on tyrannical. The amount of damage you lose on trash is not even close to made up by having slightly more boss damage. In mythic pluses you need to look at overall damage done. You're not an enhancement shaman, you're not an assassination rogue, you're a frost death knight, your job is trash damage.

People also use the argument that in high mythic pluses you won't be pulling multiple large packs, well even just pulling one pack at a time most have enough mobs for frostscythe to come out ahead. On trash packs with 4 or more targets spam frostscythe. On 3 or less use standard obliterate rotation with rime procs for aoe and use frostscythe on killing machine procs. Trust me the extra runic power from ra won't even be noticeable on trash with not enough mobs to warrant spamming frostscythe.

Here is a link to armory if you are interested.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eras/Akusalol/
    Last edited by Akusa202; 2016-12-23 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    because aoe damage plays a secondary role in high m+ and you will never pull the number of mobs required for this dps margin to show unless your group is like 893+
    the spec has so much built-in aoe that going for even more aoe is borderline retarded

my obliteration gives me high orange parses even on so-called "aoe" raid encounters so clearly it's doing its job well

Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    because aoe damage plays a secondary role in high m+ and you will never pull the number of mobs required for this dps margin to show unless your group is like 893+
    the spec has so much built-in aoe that going for even more aoe is borderline retarded

my obliteration gives me high orange parses even on so-called "aoe" raid encounters so clearly it's doing its job well
    You're so cool. I hope we can all be like you, when you grow up!