Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    This is a burner list of MMO's that will be forgotten, like Warhammer, Age of Conan, etc.

There is a reason why WoW is never on that list. It's more popular.
    People say this yet -most- of those games still have enough players and money to fund content so to me that makes them successful. If anything some of these games are actually growing [SWTOR and FFXIV have an upcoming expansion]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I still dunno why people say wow is "partly f2p" because it isn't.
    Blizzard gets at least 15 usd a month for everyone, no exceptions.
    Because it means players are playing for free, it isn't rocket science Yes Blizzard get money regardless BUT it's still f2p for those that use tokens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You have nothing suggesting otherwise. /thread
    That's kinda the point NOBODY KNOWS EITHER WAY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I think you're wrong. The game sold more than 3.3mil copies in the first 24 hours, matching it's record, and this is a record set when they had over 10mil subs.

Secondly, they've already said legion has had the highest concurrent players since 2010 launch of cata, which had 12 MILLION subs when that record was set. Because of that info, that means it broke the concurrent record that WOD had set with all the hype that expansion generated and bought the subs back up to 10mil at the time.

It's easily safe to say there is more people playing WoW now compared to the last 6 YEARS, and WoW was STILL top dog during those 6 years.

If you want to hate on WoW, continue on, everything you say would be baseless bullshit though.
    1] Copies sold is irrelevant to what we're discussing
    2] Where did they say 10mil subs? AFAIK Blizzard doesn't disclose such information
    3] If I was hating WoW I would be saying WoW is terrible. I play WoW more than any other game EVER so perhaps stop being overly sensitive. Even I, a fan of WoW for over a decade can acknowledge numbers are dropping otherwise we wouldn't need CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People say this yet -most- of those games still have enough players and money to fund content so to me that makes them successful. If anything some of these games are actually growing [SWTOR and FFXIV have an upcoming expansion]

- - - Updated - - -

Because it means players are playing for free, it isn't rocket science Yes Blizzard get money regardless BUT it's still f2p for those that use tokens

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

2] Where did they say 10mil subs? AFAIK Blizzard doesn't disclose such information
    3] If I was hating WoW I would be saying WoW is terrible. I play WoW more than any other game EVER so perhaps stop being overly sensitive. Even I, a fan of WoW for over a decade can acknowledge numbers are dropping otherwise we wouldn't need CRZ
    except if you had any intelligence you would notice they arnt playing for free, they are actually paying 5$ more, but how they are doing it, is getting somone else to pay for them, by giving them gold

NO ONE is playing for free, they are just trading for gold, so somone else pays for their sub fee

if you go to buy a car, and then you trade in your car to get the new car, are you getting that new car for free?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except if you had any intelligence you would notice they arnt playing for free, they are actually paying 5$ more, but how they are doing it, is getting somone else to pay for them, by giving them gold

NO ONE is playing for free, they are just trading for gold, so somone else pays for their sub fee

if you go to buy a car, and then you trade in your car to get the new car, are you getting that new car for free?
    No they're playing for free because they themselves aren't spending money. It's irrelevant if somebody else is paying the point is because of Player B Player A can play without spending a penny e.g. for free

No they're playing for free because they themselves aren't spending money. It's irrelevant if somebody else is paying the point is because of Player B Player A can play without spending a penny e.g. for free
    Its same shit as if they stole moms credit card and payed for it, blizzard still gets $ and its even better since it's 5$ more and player that wants to pay with gold has to grind that gold somehow thus spending time in game and for many people time isn't free. So no its not f2p in any sense, no one is playing without blizzard getting payed for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Its same shit as if they stole moms credit card and payed for it, blizzard still gets $ and its even better since it's 5$ more and player that wants to pay with gold has to grind that gold somehow thus spending time in game and for many people time isn't free. So no its not f2p in any sense.
    If somebody is playing for free it's f2p for them! I buy tokens for gold and as such somebody is getting 4 weeks of free gametime

If somebody is playing for free it's f2p for them! I buy tokens for gold and as such somebody is getting 4 weeks of free gametime
    So if someone steals moms credit card and he doesnt actually pay for sub them self that means game went f2p? gocha

Well with all these MMOs coming out being crappy Korean grind fests, I'd say WoW would still be the most popular, with FFXIV in 2nd place. I don't think there's even any decent MMOs coming out in 2017, feel free to tell me if there are though but I couldn't find any decent ones myself. Kind of a shame really, I'd love to start playing a new MMO, nothing better than the feeling you get when you start fresh on a newly released MMO.

Deleted
    So if someone steals moms credit card and he doesnt actually pay for sub them self that means game went f2p? gocha
    I didn't say the game is F2P, I said it's F2P for a %. You can't compare theft with a legitimate alternative way to play the game set by Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Well with all these MMOs coming out being crappy Korean grind fests, I'd say WoW would still be the most popular, with FFXIV in 2nd place. I don't think there's even any decent MMOs coming out in 2017, feel free to tell me if there are though but I couldn't find any decent ones myself. Kind of a shame really, I'd love to start playing a new MMO, nothing better than the feeling you get when you start fresh on a newly released MMO.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    God forbid we talk about something that doesn't really matter.
    Hell, go to OT, half the first page threads are politics, which is something that doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I didn't say the game is F2P, I said it's F2P for a %. You can't compare theft with a legitimate alternative way to play the game set by Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100%
    You don't have to steal, lets say your brother gives you 15$ to pay sub for wow you still didn't have to pay for it yourself its same shit as token just think of person that bought token as long lost brother from Estonia or wherever.

I didn't say the game is F2P, I said it's F2P for a %.
    I paid 19.99 from an amazon prime deal for Legion. $20 to play this game for what'll end up being at least 3 years (gold is still insanely easy to make for a scrub like me)... I tip that daily. I am the %. /Flex
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    You don't have to steal, lets say your brother gives you 15$ to pay sub for wow you still didn't have to pay for it yourself its same shit as token just think of person that bought token as long lost brother from Estonia or wherever.
    Then technically I am playing for free. I don't know why we're playing semantics, some people play WoW without payed subscriptions that's a indisputable fact

Then technically I am playing for free. I don't know why we're playing semantics, some people play WoW without payed subscriptions that's a indisputable fact
    Then wow was partly f2p since start since some people were technically playing it for free same as any sub based mmo.

Deleted
    Correction: YOU don't know either way.

There are people who have crunched the numbers, who have callings, who have statistics.

You, are not one of em. And you are obviously too lazy to actually investigate the actual matter yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Correction: YOU don't know either way.

There are people who have crunched the numbers, who have callings, who have statistics.

You, are not one of em. And you are obviously too lazy to actually investigate the actual matter yourself.
    Nobody but Blizzard knows. What you're alluding to is estimations and guessing which aren't concrete evidence however feel free to share your findings

1) Copies sold is relevant, because your thread is about the popularity of the game these days, and sales is a direct reflection to that same popularity, and is also a good measure compared to previous expansions when the game was on the "up".
    2) Keep in mind the 10mil subs I'm talking about for my example is from WOD, and they were still reporting this at the time. Here is a link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/19/72...on-subscribers
    3) You choose an odd time to bring this thread up then. The game is vastly more popular than it was any time outside a month of WODs launch, and since cataclysm. CRZ has been in the game for years now and has been talked about to death, and given the substantial player boost legion game WoW it makes CRZ discussion even more irrelevant.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. it is.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would say yes.

I say this because WoW is one of the few games popular enough to retain a subscription model and make incredible amounts of money with it, few-to-no MMOs can say the same, having their popularity dipping far enough that they are forced to look into other means of sustaining themselves.

Granted, I don't know much about Asian MMOs that don't support english-speaking servers at all. However, I'm going to assume that if they are not popular enough to be world-wide global sensations like WoW and Blizzard, in general, are. That they are not in league with WoW's level of popularity.

In short, having a massive playerbase that is willing to pay for the game on a monthly basis speaks for itself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    1) Copies sold is relevant, because your thread is about the popularity of the game these days, and sales is a direct reflection to that same popularity, and is also a good measure compared to previous expansions when the game was on the "up".
    2) Keep in mind the 10mil subs I'm talking about for my example is from WOD, and they were still reporting this at the time. Here is a link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/19/72...on-subscribers
    3) You choose an odd time to bring this thread up then. The game is vastly more popular than it was any time outside a month of WODs launch, and since cataclysm. CRZ has been in the game for years now and has been talked about to death, and given the substantial player boost legion game WoW it makes CRZ discussion even more irrelevant.
    Yet this says http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/131...ers-10-million

Polygon reached out to Blizzard directly this afternoon to confirm the number, and the publisher revealed that it "was a misquote or some kind of misunderstanding on the part of the journalist." Blizzard neither confirmed nor denied whether 10.1 million is the actual subscriber number at the moment but simply reiterated that it’s not planning to provide subscriber numbers any more.

"Our policy for almost a year now is that we do not talk about subscriber numbers, and Tom did not do that with this publication," a Blizzard representative told Polygon.

Well MMO data shut its doors since there wasn't much data publicly available anymore (and the shift to F2P MMOs made it less and less relevant anyway) so there's no way to know for sure, but it most likely has the largest number of subs still.

It would probably be overtaken by a rival in the next few years IMO, but the decline of sub based MMOs may ensure that doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If it doesn't really matter why did you make the thread?
    Remember that time a thread on an internet forum really mattered?

Me neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.