Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    On the contrary I have so much communication IRL that I don't see a problem why some seldom whisps would bother me. It takes literally 0 effort to ignore beggars and pay them no mind.

I don't say it has value I say you have "tools" and "ability" to not get into it, like ignore them in the game or just don't reply to them. Why do you expect to have your hand held by blizzard?

You choose to hide away from it. Is this your solution to everything? Hide away and never have to confront anyone and anything? Maybe the rst of us don't want our loot to be hidden because some of us might not have any problems with it and are actually willing to share items and others seeing it makes it easier.
    If you enjoy that low level of interaction and aggressive confrontation then just continue to enjoy it. It's your good right to give your opinion - but the request is open and has supporters - that's politics I guess. May blizzard listen to both sides and then decide what or what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Then you should know about altruism and its benefits. Societies are built upon it, hence the written rules.
    Dunno, I've never given anything to beggars, be it in real life or in various MMO games I play, and I have lots of friends, a huge family and even a child. Altruism isn't all that good, ya know. Give the man a fish versus give the man a fishing pole and all that stuff...

I never said I don't giveaway stuff tho. I just always ignore entitled fuckers who spam you with pms like "heyyyy you have 895 in that slot give me the loot right NAO because I need it!!111". Nope, just nope. All you get from me with such attitude is a middle finger.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I never said I don't giveaway stuff tho. I just always ignore entitled fuckers who spam you with pms like "heyyyy you have 895 in that slot give me the loot right NAO because I need it!!111". Nope, just nope. All you get from me with such attitude is a middle finger.
    Obviously manners goes both ways.
    When i am on an alt which needs gear, i politely ask if the person doesn't mind trading the item. If he says no, or ignores me, i don't mind.
    And when i am on one of my alts/main who doesn't need the gear, i don't disenchant until the raid is over, and if someone politely asks for the items i got, i have no problems whatsoever "wasting" some seconds of my time to give it to him.

The OP's story, i don't know, we don't even know how the exact whisper exchange went, but just the DE by default seems silly to me, but i wouldn't give an item to a rude person. As simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    when i do lfr and i get loot there's one thing that i HATE most off all getting whispers asking "do u need that or do you need those X" be4 ive even had a change to put the item up for roll in instance so ive decided to just vendor/de as soon as i get a wispier its so anoying
    Then blame Blizzard because that's the point of it

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then blame Blizzard because that's the point of it

i will yes but only for not braking piece of shit of a addon called plh

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    good for you - you will keep your gold and people will know how you really behave and show you really are aka quoting your own words " a shit head "
    i literally couldnt give a fuck less if little joey gets an 830 piece for his alt shaman because i was nice guy vargulf. sue me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The old system encouraged being a greedy asshole who clicked need on every item possible, and then the egomaniacs could enjoy a power trip from getting lucky by taunting the people whose loot they denied them. Now you can be an asshole by refusing to even consider sharing something that you don't need and the system doesn't encourage bad behavior.

Yes some people still engage in negative behaviors, but those individuals are responsible for their behavior just as you are for your own.

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who hoards gold, vendoring that item isn't going to help you much (I'm up nearly half a million gold from the start of the expansion, about 200k of that is just from selling defiled augment runes and the rest is from missions/WQs/vendoring greens and trash items). Soothe your desire for gold and your conscience at the same time by being more efficient.
    nah /10cha
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    He is trying to be rude to people for asking simple questions
    In your opinion maybe..

I find it really rude, that random people I do not know, keep whispering me to "beg / ask" for MY loot..

If I want to give MY item away, I will personally write in raid chat.. but fuck random people that whisper me, to try to get MY item before I've made it clear whether I want to give it away or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    what hes doing is bad for the community.
    Again, in your opinion.. I feel what is bad for the community, is the damn entitlement to other peoples loot, that random players seem to have in lfr.

As I have said, if I'm willing to trade and item, it's up to me to make that announcement.. Random people should not be whispering me for the loot..

Atleast, the use of that shit annoucing addon that was used in the start of lfr, is gone..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Entitled kids these days

Deleted
    Damn those entitled people using a feature Blizzard wants people to use

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Fuck that, it's a 835 item. That should be an upgrade for just about nobody, and it's your loot.
    Ummm how about for people with 830 or lower gear ... duh! plenty of those about.

But the loot is the OP's to do with as they see fit. Some people ask some don't its a personal choice.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Ummm how about for people with 830 or lower gear ... duh! plenty of those about.
    What nonsense! Everybody is ilvl 850 immediately upon hitting 110 /s

L2 /dnd, or i say already gave away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always hand out loot I don't need, in fact I actively give it away in 5 mans when I see we have a fresh 110.

In the end though, it's always your choice what to do with it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Personally I always ask if other needs it before I DE it. Seems like the right thing to do. If we can't be helpful to strangers in virtual world, then can we at all ? Or have we turned into greedy jerks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    In your opinion maybe..

I find it really rude, that random people I do not know, keep whispering me to "beg / ask" for MY loot..

If I want to give MY item away, I will personally write in raid chat.. but fuck random people that whisper me, to try to get MY item before I've made it clear whether I want to give it away or not.

Again, in your opinion.. I feel what is bad for the community, is the damn entitlement to other peoples loot, that random players seem to have in lfr.

As I have said, if I'm willing to trade and item, it's up to me to make that announcement.. Random people should not be whispering me for the loot..

Atleast, the use of that shit annoucing addon that was used in the start of lfr, is gone..
    Preface - I think it's fine to say no to someone or to DE your own gear even if someone else could have used it. I have no issue with that. It's your gear, do what you want with it. I love your preconceived notion of me that is completely nonfactual.

Asking if you can have something isn't entitlement. If you get pissed when they say no it is.

I said it's bad for the community to be a dick for no reason. If someone asks for something once it's not rude or entitled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    I will personally write in raid chat

it's up to me to make that announcement
    This is just a power move. You want to feel bigger and better than everyone else.

You seem to think I have an opinion that I don't sorry that you wasted your time typing that.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-12-23 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Personally I always ask if other needs it before I DE it. Seems like the right thing to do. If we can't be helpful to strangers in virtual world, then can we at all ? Or have we turned into greedy jerks ?
    I feel like people are less friendly in games than in the reality.
    Last edited by mmocf166a846fc; 2016-12-23 at 02:47 PM.

Well if he really wanted it, he may have paid for it. If something decent that you don't want drops you can always offer to give it to the highest bidder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiod View Post
    I feel like people are less friendly in games than in the reality.
    You're probably right

IRL if you played in a team of 5 you're guranteed people would congratulate and thank each other but not so much in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Reading the posts in this thread makes me think it's the latter. I don't mind being whispered if someone needs an item. I will put it out for rolls so everyone has a chance to get it though, not doing first whisper gets the loots.
    I also whisper people and ask if they need an item, if I see them having higher ilvl in that slot, if they do I'll congratulate them and move on.
    If I can make someones day by sharing loot, of course I'll do it, makes me happier than 200g would.
    I would prefer if everyone shared and recieved, so that's what I'm doing.
    If you get upset about a friendly whisper, you've got issues.

This could've already been said, and for the record I always give lfr loot away if someone ask for it. But, there's a 50/50 chance the person asking for it will de the loot too. Sad, but it's true.