Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looking at the timer makes me feel like a giddy school girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    it makes me think about christmas and the count down to opening prosents. (the box at the end is the present for the legendaries)
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    It makes me feel stressed. So I turn off chat and go at my own pace

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    You're full of shit. You did not have an old school dungeon socializing experience in mythic+ pugs (unless you on purpose did some "let's take undergeared chars to weekly knowing it will take a long time and creative play to get past certain trash packs" pug). It simply does not happen when you're going for timers.
    Nope, you are wrong and nothing you continue to say will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It makes me feel stressed. So I turn off chat and go at my own pace
    You're probably very casual if you get stressed by that.
    I have a very competitive nature so I always try to push to go as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, the timer doesn't make it fun. Even without the timer I'd still be trying to complete the dungeon as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    Pretty much. I only occasionally look at the timer, to see if we still get 3 chests after that fuck up. Other then that, having the timer doesn't speed up my run, from what I otherwise would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    You're probably very casual if you get stressed by that.
    I have a very competitive nature so I always try to push to go as fast as possible.
    Being casual or competitive doesn't necessarily have any meaning in whether or not time limits are a source of stress. If it isn't something I want to compete at, then I'm not going to find it fun. I am a very competitive person by nature, but I also worry a lot. A timer is just going to distract me and make me worry about making mistakes when I wouldn't otherwise worry, of course worrying about making a mistake is often what causes me to make a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yeah the timers and the bonus chests quickly turned one of my all time most anticipated features into a huge disappointment. I had imagined it to increase in difficulty only until you at one point simply couldn't beat the encounters anymore. Speed running content doesn't interest me one bit, but then again I've played this game since vanilla so I'm born and bred with a slower paced game both when it comes to gearing and doing content.

Deleted
    I have the most fun doing the last key in the week.

The highest one ... +12 or +14... where you have absolutely no pressure and just need to finish. And it's entertainingly hard. Depending on the Affixes you have to really lay out plans to do certain trash packs or bosses.

I honestly don't even see the problem. If some noob wipes through halls of valor +10 over the course of 4 hours, just give him his gear. If he's willing to compensate his lack of skill with time, that's perfectly fine with me. In that same time I'll have farmed 7 or 8 +12s and gotten way more and better gear.

It's not like I cannot beat those timers at all, I just honestly am not a fan of stress simulators. And a fucking clock ticking in your neck is nothing but artificial stress.

The rule of thumb that Blizzard gives the impression of not quite understanding is thus: If there's a timer, it's going to be a requirement to try and beat it; even if that means listing only for 870+ on a +2/+3. I do wish they could implement a better way to award multiple chests.

One suggestion I've submitted is scoring players on performance. Have Blizzard set an arbitrary goal of (I'm being very general here)
    1) avoid x damage and beat certain mechanics for tanks
    2) Deal x damage per second and beat or avoid certain mechanics for dps
    3) Don't let players die to recoverable damage/mechanics. This one basically would account for a sudden death by falling off a bridge or jumping into fire (which fails the mechanics requirement for the dps) vs. taking damage from a mob or not being dispelled.

Players would get points based on how well they did (up to 20 each), then they could individually gift up to that many points to their allies as thanks for also doing well. End goal of a dungeon (in this example) would be a potential 100 points. If everybody gets 20 points, it's a 3-chest, and people will feel good about sharing points that way.

Deleted
    Ye I enjoy getting extra rewards for doing it within the set time limit. If you don't make the timer you get less rewards. That's a lovely game mechanic that I fully support.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Mythic + needs a timer or people would be walking around with +100 keys and in order to compete at some point all the pulls would be blow bloodlust +pots+cds, hope you dont die, then wait for bloodlust cd on every single pack
    Imagine a dungeon with, let's say, 10 trash pulls and 4 bosses.

Waiting to use BL on every boss would mean 40mins of cooldown + the time to do the 10 trash pulls.

Waiting to use BL on every boss and trash pull would mean 140 mins of cooldown for each dungeon.

Even if you played 12 hours a day every day of the week, you'd only have time to complete 36 of such runs.

How many people do you think would be willing to do that?

I think the problem here is many people here do it on an efficiency and competition mindset. That does not represent the majority of the population.

My issue with Mythic+ is that while it does succeed in making dungeons relevant and rewarding through the expansion, imo it fails miserabily in being more accessible/interesting to regular players and to a wider audience than CMs were. These were the 2 major problems, but they only solved the one that benefits the least players. The biggest problem, being about the difficulty and planning rather than rushing and "efficiency", seems to have been largely forgotten about.

Return To Kharazan actually does a better job at this than Mythic+ does, IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    For me I don't really enjoy the timer at all. WoW has always been a more deliberate, strategic game for me. If i wanted fast-paced stuff I'd probably play Overwatch or something else.

You can technically just do M+ without the timer and get your chest, but good luck finding a group to play it that way.

When I originally heard of M+ I was expecting more of a tactical challenge like old school Magister's terrace where it was about CC, interrupts, focusing mobs, and then dealing with the affix mechanics. Not "go go go gogogogo gogogo" playstyle, where it basically comes down to kiting and running though and throwing AOE stuns.
    I don't get it. Why should there be a ready made group waiting for you for every possible damn variant of play style?
    We have plenty of folks in our guild who enjoy running M+ just like you describe, the "old school" way.
    We also have folks who like to push the timer.
    We have groups going at it most nights.

I dunno, maybe find a group of likeminded people, instead of trying to pug your way through it with bunch of random people?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would prefer if it was based on number of wipes rather then time. People who want to do it fast can still do it fast, but a more casual group could take their time, have bio breaks, and just be careful overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Another person completely missing the point. In other words, you socialized AFTER a dungeon or some. Not DURING. You had an evening of "stfu gogo" mode and then you maybe socialized with some guy. Yeah, sure, I've added SOME people from mythic+, AFTER runs.

Again, you most likely did not play the old school game before cross-server and lfg ruined all the social aspects in WoW. You didn't have the experience of dungeons before they got turned into consumable stfu gogo chain run farm and gtfo content so you don't know what you're missing.

And I sure as fuck do not want to get to know people on the basis of "if someone did good on the meters I'll add them". The thing is, DPS can be fixed, sense of humor and compatible personalities cannot, and a lot of friends on my list that have lasted for years started off people who were fun company but bad at the game. Most of them have gotten better over time and some turned into real life friends. That kind of potential friends you entirely miss if you're speed farming mythic+.

I mean, seriously, you are not socializing if you're making friends based on dungeon performance. You're not even making friends. You're just a spec and potential numbers for those people and they're only a spec and numbers to you. If next patch you take a break or your spec gets nerfed to the ground they'll not be so interested in being "friends" anymore.
    You're clueless babycakes. I've played since the games inception, and while I agree that it was easier to make friends sometimes in Vanilla because of forced interaction, having to make your own groups and shit, it was no different than it is now. You made a group of solid people that could clear that dungeon as fast as possible, which in Vanilla for the most part was not AOE spam. It was coordination and being on top of CC. Your damage still mattered. People still didn't sit there talking for hours in a dungeon run, they got shit done. Obviously back then guides were sacred, and there wasn't 59834745 youtube vids to watch so you had to chat and strategize when things were new, but once something became farm status you just got it done. You're nostalgiaing too hard.

I was as noob as it got back then, met a girl while i was levelling and we became good friends. She was hot as fuck IRL and in one of the best raid guilds, and they'd let her do whatever she wanted. She got them to bring me raiding with them, they wanted me to get CTraid and all the bullshit that was needed back then, and I was like addons for WoW? Whats that? I don't want viruses and my account getting stolen!!11ZOMg So i didn't. Had no idea how to play my class in a raid environment for the first year probably, I was young and didn't care to ask for advice or read up on it, and they absolutely hated me. Not because of personality, because I didn't know my class, wasn't fast, dps sucked, etc.

Nothing was different about people then, if I made friends I added them after the dungeon because they were good and our UBRS run didn't take 6 hours. We chatted after the dungeon and became friends, the same as today. Get over it

Deleted
    You're full of shit. You did not have an old school dungeon socializing experience in mythic+ pugs (unless you on purpose did some "let's take undergeared chars to weekly knowing it will take a long time and creative play to get past certain trash packs" pug). It simply does not happen when you're going for timers.

You did not stop and start discussing the ccs needed for the next pack and then end up chatting about class differences and end up chaining your discussion to world politics for the next 15 minutes and then continue to complete the timer. You used to have random discussion happen all the time back in the old days of dungeons that used to have big obstacle packs that took planning but you weren't on timer so you stopped, chatted about the pull and then accidental chat over other things happened.

The odds are 100 % that you're another post-Wrath-baby who never experienced dungeons in their old pre-cross-server, pre-LFG mode. That's the only reason you can keep claiming your bullshit about having a "social experience" in a mythic+: you've literally NEVER had an old school experience in a dungeon so you don't know that you're not having it in mythic+.

Another person completely missing the point. In other words, you socialized AFTER a dungeon or some. Not DURING. You had an evening of "stfu gogo" mode and then you maybe socialized with some guy. Yeah, sure, I've added SOME people from mythic+, AFTER runs.

Again, you most likely did not play the old school game before cross-server and lfg ruined all the social aspects in WoW. You didn't have the experience of dungeons before they got turned into consumable stfu gogo chain run farm and gtfo content so you don't know what you're missing.

And I sure as fuck do not want to get to know people on the basis of "if someone did good on the meters I'll add them". The thing is, DPS can be fixed, sense of humor and compatible personalities cannot, and a lot of friends on my list that have lasted for years started off people who were fun company but bad at the game. Most of them have gotten better over time and some turned into real life friends. That kind of potential friends you entirely miss if you're speed farming mythic+.

I mean, seriously, you are not socializing if you're making friends based on dungeon performance. You're not even making friends. You're just a spec and potential numbers for those people and they're only a spec and numbers to you. If next patch you take a break or your spec gets nerfed to the ground they'll not be so interested in being "friends" anymore.
    What? Sounds like you're the problem if you have a hard time making friends from M+ runs. Also while you're running a dungeon, raid or anything that requires some sort of effort, it's not the time for social chatter. You need everyone to stay focused. Trying to talk and socialize during a time where everyone else is focusing sounds autistic(no joke).

If you want to go one step further, you invite the pugs to a discord server, where you talk, and see if you click together. Most of the time people add me, not because I'm amazing at what I do on the meters, but because I'm calm and like to take the game serious when needed, and then leave the banter for after we've done something that requires lots of focus.

Deleted
    yep I love the timers. Without them you could just stack 2 tanks or 2 healers or play it slow.

With the timer you need much better, much faster strategies and your grp needs to be better at improvising.

Ever since I was a child I have always hated having timers hanging over my shoulder. As such, I tend to actively try and avoid anything to which time is a serious factor, or part of the challenge(as opposed to time limits being there but being so lenient they may as well not exist). I very rarely run normal mythics as it is. Mythic+ is something I have absolutely no interest in, and its in large part due to the timer. Yes, you don't HAVE to complete it in the time limit, but others want to, and it is not very common to find people who want to do mythic+ and don't care about beating the timer. And speeding through dungeons, or anything in a game, is something that I absolutely hate.

Deleted
    Who cares if you don't enjoy it? There's people who ask for "chill people" to join their runs, stop moaning and join those groups and get 1 chest. If you want to experience having to plan out pulls then do a +15 or above; for the majority that will be a similar experience currently. Also to the person that said "I turn off chat and go at my own pace" Tell us your character name so we can blacklist you, doubt many people want a guy who will just go in and ignore the group and ruin their key! Can always go on comms aswell if you aren't satisfied by the lack of idle time you get to type in a m+.

I don't know if its the timer that i hate, or the increasing number of chests incentive to gogogo. I hate being rushed, and would prefer the challenge to come from the encounters themselves instead of the challenge being provided just by going fast.

I was very excited about M+ when it was announced, quite possibly more then raiding, because it sounded alot like D3 rifts. Everyone gets a piece of loot at the end and if you make the "reasonable" (their words) completion timer, you get a keystone to try a higher difficulty if you wanted to. That sounds great. You can still kinda do that now, except you only have a 20% chance to get a piece of loot and few people want to just go for completion because.. 20% chance..

Being honest, M+ tag teamed with shit legendary drops to ruin Legion for me, and turned me off on the whole game.

I still lurk on mmo-champ and log in for 10 min every day to keep up with AK and a few specific WQs/missions, but i just don't have any interest to actually sit down and do some M+ or go to a raid. Often i wonder why i even do that.

Its possible that i would like M+ alot more if they went back to everyone getting a piece of loot at the end and removed any bonus chests, but at this point the damage has been done i have no interest in actually sitting down for a M+ run.

Feel free to call me a bad, i wont care
    Last edited by nukie; 2016-12-23 at 05:36 PM.