Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I see we got our circle jerking the same 4 or 5 points thread again.

But we all know it was a very reasonable compromise Blizzard made. People that don't like flying in the game have it that way and people that like flying get it eventually though content and achievement. Absolutely perfect.
    It's far from perfect and you know that from the previous thread. It might be perfect for YOU. But perfect for everyone? Not even close.

We've been over the "Compromise" talking point as well. Blizzard doesn't give up anything and they get everything. That's not a compromise. Lets go ahead and break it down:

• Is flying included in relevant content? No.
    • Is there an epic quest chain that explains why flying isn't possible? No.
    • Can flying be unlocked by simply doing a list of tasks on your own time? No, it's a hard time-lock that has nothing to do with progression(this changes in 7.2, but is complete bullshit right now).
    • Players who wait for 7.2 miss out on half the expansion and have to play catch-up.
    • Are the mechanics of flying going to be improved in any way? There is no indication of any improvements.
    • Will flying actually help me progress my character? No, except for alts, since the requirements to obtain flight preclude using it on anything for your main.
    • No-flying actually breaks immersion as we see NPCs and other characters using flight. Also as our dragons magically forget how to use their wings.

Meanwhile, at Blizzard HQ:

• No flying slows down the rate of ground-designed content consumption(see point 2 below).
    • No flying makes it simpler to design ground-content which slows players down(nonsensical walls, mazelike terrain, meaningless trash mobs everywhere, etc).
    • Pathfinder is a giant carrot that gets players to consume more content pursuing it(combines with the first two points to great effect).
    • Players who want flying might return in 7.2 and fall under points 1-3.

Where, exactly, is the benefit to the players who want flying? What are we getting in return for suffering under no-flying for half the expansion?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-22 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    None of them are logical. Good bye.
    They are, you just disagree, which is fine. Good thing you don't have a say in the matter

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's far from perfect and you know that from the previous thread. It might be perfect for YOU. But perfect for everyone? Not even close.

We've been over the "Compromise" talking point as well. Blizzard doesn't give up anything and they get everything. That's not a compromise. Lets go ahead and break it down:

• Is flying included in relevant content? No.
    • Is there an epic quest chain that explains why flying isn't possible? No.
    • Can flying be unlocked by simply doing a list of tasks on your own time? No, it's a hard time-lock that has nothing to do with progression(this changes in 7.2, but is complete bullshit right now).
    • Players who wait for 7.2 miss out on half the expansion and have to play catch-up.
    • Are the mechanics of flying going to be improved in any way? There is no indication of any improvements.
    • Will flying actually help me progress my character? No, except for alts, since the requirements to obtain flight preclude using it on anything for your main.
    • No-flying actually breaks immersion as we see NPCs and other characters using flight. Also as our dragons magically forget how to use their wings.

Meanwhile, at Blizzard HQ:

• No flying slows down the rate of ground-designed content consumption(see point 2 below).
    • No flying makes it simpler to design ground-content which slows players down(nonsensical walls, mazelike terrain, meaningless trash mobs everywhere, etc).
    • Pathfinder is a giant carrot that gets players to consume more content pursuing it(combines with the first two points to great effect).
    • Players who want flying might return in 7.2 and fall under points 1-3.

Where, exactly, is the benefit to the players who want flying? What are we getting in return for suffering under no-flying for half the expansion?
    Sounds like a pretty good compromise to be honest. Both sides win and both sides lose. I look forward to flying up to demon battleships!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good compromise to be honest. Both sides win and both sides lose. I look forward to flying up to demon battleships!
    You didn't actually answer anything. What do the players who want flying get? Flying in its worst possible implementation, and for only the second half of the expansion in content they've already cleared.

What does Blizzard actually lose or give up? Absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-22 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Convenience is what's killing this game if anything
    If that where true - what it obvious aint - why are you not just continue playing EQ?

- - - Updated - - -

You can literally afk both normal and lfr
    Thats what willys like you allways claim knowing its a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    and daily routines don't need to be artificially handicapped just because some people hate calculators.
    It's not. Flightpaths, 2 hearthstones, portals. You have to act like it's hard to get around to pretend like we need flight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Better question: What's the point of WoW these days?
    Answer: The same as it was in vanilla - have fun playing a computer game.
    fixed that for you.

Deleted
    There are basically 2 reasons why they haven't added flying yet, besides areas probably not having a "roof", in my opinion:
    • They want us to search for a way out of Suramar or around that hill, fighting our way through, to restore the feeling of adventure and exploration.
    • Areas are very small already, they would feel even smaller if you didn't spend time figuring out how to cross that ridge.

7.2 is apparently a good time to add flying back because we simply won't care about the Isles anymore and returning players will also have a their catch-up.

But to play the devil's advocate, flying would make the Broken Isles feel somewhat connected; the zones feel extremely disconnected to me, they feel more like random zones placed close together than an actual continent.

I have traveled from one zone to another on foot only once per zone, out of curiosity, at launch - not including Suramar.
    I have no idea how those Isles get connected together. I haven't seen any ruined roads leading from one place to the other and imagine how they would look like before they were Broken, nor have I admired the Highmountain waterfalls connect to the rivers and the sea. Those are RPG elements that are needed in an open world game, but only seeing those on the map and then using the flightpath to my area of interest from Dalaran is a big turn off for me.
    Since a zone's story also no longer continues into the next one and I've never really needed to travel from one place to the other, I just whistle and then "teleport" to one of countless flightpaths, which is usually very close to my World Quest.
    The zones actually feel like giant dungeons or God of War stages; and that's a shame because they are beautiful.

I guess having less flightpaths, Dalaran-to-fp not always being the shortest way and instead being able to fly through the zones would make the whole continent look smaller but it would help make it feel more connected.
    But when a zone is more annoying than enjoyable, because you can't find your way around that cliff and always get dazed, you definitely don't feel like admiring its beauty and instead whistle and tp where you have to.

P.S.: To be fair, I don't think flying would solve the disconnected zones problem, but it would help.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2016-12-23 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Flying is not a godmode. You have never killed a mob on a flying mount, not even a critter.
    I've never had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    If that where true - what it obvious aint - why are you not just continue playing EQ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what willys like you allways claim knowing its a lie.
    I honestly wish my pc wasn't a potato. I'd queue as a healer in LFR and do absolutely nothing and see what happens, and livestream it for you. If you prefer I can start the fight and instantly die and screenshot progress reports, you prefer that?

I really need to find the preach lfr video

- - - Updated - - -

Found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The whole thing about flying is bullshit anyways. They just want everything to take longer for you to do so that you pay your subscription fee for a longer amount of time.
    Bravo! Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It's not. Flightpaths, 2 hearthstones, portals. You have to act like it's hard to get around to pretend like we need flight.
    Which still take longer than it takes to actually complete content. Flightpaths could be instant, they aren't. Hearthstones and Portals don't get you to the quest zones you need, only to a home base.

If Diablo 3 only had Portals and no waypoint system, or forced you to watch a 'travelling' cinematic on a caravan between acts every time, people would be sick of it too. Don't pretend no one ever gets sick of flight paths. If everyone was happy with them, no one would be asking for Flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    What has need flight to do with getting around? I don't care at all about that. I want flight for freedom, to see the world from whatever point I decide. To explore the world, all of it anywhere.
    Why would I want flight if it was just to get around we already have flight paths, whistle, 2 HS just as you just said. You are pretty misinformed if you think we want flight for that reason.

I want flight so I can go where I want, when I want, stop where I want, do what I want, not have to deal with speedbump mobs and loop de loop flightpaths...I still cannot understand for the life of me why it is that Blizzard, in ten years of WOW, STILL hasnt worked out how to get their flightpaths to fly in a fucking STRAIGHT LINE.

I want flight because I am sick to bloody death of spending 75% of my time triyng to get to wherever the hell it is and less than 20% actually DOING anything.

All this is for is to extend content and drag it out as long as they can, and for no other reason.

1000 gold says that Blizzard will hedge, change, delay, reschedule, delay or otherwise postpone flight for as long as they can. The patch will be delayed "because reasons" or "we are releasing the patch but you wont be able to fly just yet...."

Thats what they did in WOD and thats what they will do now.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2016-12-23 at 02:20 PM.

I honestly wish my pc wasn't a potato. I'd queue as a healer in LFR and do absolutely nothing and see what happens, and livestream it for you. If you prefer I can start the fight and instantly die and screenshot progress reports, you prefer that?
    Yeah it is generally wankers who thik they are too good to be there that are the problem. In my experience they get booted pretty quick if they are healers/tanks. Dps can probably sneak through the raid if there ain't to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah it is generally wankers who thik they are too good to be there that are the problem. In my experience they get booted pretty quick if they are healers/tanks. Dps can probably sneak through the raid if there ain't to many of them.
    I like how you replied and didn't gloss over the video, lol.
    You can literally afk lfr.

That's how most of yall want to do content in the game, half involved and totally afk.

I like how you replied and didn't gloss over the video, lol.
    You can literally afk lfr.

That's how most of yall want to do content in the game, half involved and totally afk.
    Like i am going to watch a Preach vid lol. I am sure what ever drivel he was spewing you will take as gospel but as some one who did quite a bit of LFR i can say that any tank/healer who was afk was quickly booted. Anyways it is hardly relevant in this thread about flying is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Like i am going to watch a Preach vid lol. I am sure what ever drivel he was spewing you will take as gospel but as some one who did quite a bit of LFR i can say that any tank/healer who was afk was quickly booted. Anyways it is hardly relevant in this thread about flying is it?
    Maybe when you watch a bit of the vid you'd se the relevance.
    I hate preach too, he's a loudmouth idiot, but even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.
    And no, you don't get booted as an afk healer in LFR.

The relevance is this: people have grown accustomed to "playing the game", by doing nothing and getting/reaping full rewards. Flying removes a large amount of the "playing" especially with the importance/focus on world content.
    You can say that "no flying makes things take longer than they should" or "i spend more time getting to the quest than doing the quest" but.... Didn't people want world content? What's the difference between flying and queueing for a quest and just getting ported there?

Maybe when you watch a bit of the vid you'd se the relevance.
    I hate preach too, he's a loudmouth idiot, but even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.
    And no, you don't get booted as an afk healer in LFR.

The relevance is this: people have grown accustomed to "playing the game", by doing nothing and getting/reaping full rewards. Flying removes a large amount of the "playing" especially with the importance/focus on world content.
    You can say that "no flying makes things take longer than they should" or "i spend more time getting to the quest than doing the quest" but.... Didn't people want world content? What's the difference between flying and queueing for a quest and just getting ported there?
    Since you have to land to do content i fail to see how getting to it faster remove any of the "playing". If you are happy to run to the same WQ spot every day then fill your boots. Just have a gander at WoD. Once you have done the same content multiple time then convenience better kick in pretty quick. It is even more pronounced in Legion with the prevalence of world quests. I know it is anecdotal but people i know who play the game are mighty sick of running back and forth to do the same thing every day.

Found it.
    I know, how it feels, when you just can't imagine, that other players may have different motivations to play the game, than you. For example I just can't imagine, that somebody could play game only for the sake of wiping 100500 times just to get one epic once a week in best case. I would never waste my time this way. There are many things in this world, you personally would never do. People are different. Some people don't understand it. Including this guy.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-12-23 at 06:23 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.