Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just got my third legendary for my Warlock:
    1. Alythess's Pyrogenics
    2. Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar
    3. Pillars of the Dark Portal

It is time to roll another Warlock or just roll another class. I hate this system. I wanted my belt or bracers and got stuck with a mediocre one in #2 and two garbage ones in #1 and #3.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2016-12-23 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That has nothing to do with being unhappy when a terrible legendary drops for you. The crux of the issue is that some legendaries are relatively terrible, and getting one of the terrible legendaries means your chance to get another legendary is now lower. The problem isn't a social one, it is a systemic one. The legendary system is designed very poorly, where all your effort towards getting a legendary can feel completely wasted when you get one of the bad legendaries.

If you spent 30 hours working on something, and at the end of it you were given a prize randomly out of a bag, you wouldn't be very happy if you got chocolate bar when you know that bag also had several amazon gift cards ranging from $20-200.
    Do you have a source on this? People are getting legendary drops at a steady rate - if you get one that you don't like (because let's face it, "bad" is subjective) it's fine because you will more than likely get another one within the next 1-2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    1. Alythess's Pyrogenics

It is time to roll another Warlock or just roll another class. I hate this system. I wanted my belt or bracers and got stuck with a mediocre one in #2 and two garbage ones in #1 and #3.
    http://imgur.com/a/OZCSX

If you think that the delta on those legendaries is ruining your Warlock gameplay then it might be time to retire and try out some Single Player RPGs. Seriously folks, the only thing holding you back from the top is yourself.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-12-23 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Do you have a source on this? People are getting legendary drops at a steady rate - if you get one that you don't like (because let's face it, "bad" is subjective) it's fine because you will more than likely get another one within the next 1-2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think that the delta on those legendaries is ruining your Warlock gameplay then it might be time to retire and try out some Single Player RPGs. Seriously folks, the only thing holding you back from the top is yourself.
    Dealing with the garbage you happen to obtain while hoping for a good one in 1-2 months does not sound like fun.

The portal pants are horrendous except on a fight or two in raids, which I don't raid much. The belt yields a huge quality of life and play bonus and the bracers are a dps increase. Now, it will take too long to even worry about another poor legendary drop to come. With my luck it would be a legendary that allows me to do something else in a new way that really does not matter to 99% of the rest of the time I play, like those pants.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2016-12-23 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Heroic logs, who cares. People who complain about legendaries are usually the people aiming for top 100 world logs and struggle because everyone in that bracket has both BiS legendaries. If you're not even getting 99% logs in Heroic it isn't your legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    In the case of ST for destro, it sucks. You will lose to a demo lock on ST all the time regardless.
    I too have a demo spec... so not sure what your point is.

Also the demo sim over performs vs what the spec is actually capable of. My destro spec with a ST destro berry does more dps than my demo spec without any demo berries. The spec is very gear dependent. Which is another problem, I've historically always played all of my specs where appropriate, and right now I'm pigeon holed into a single spec because its not worth swapping without berries for the other specs. And frankly I'm getting bored of it.

Designs not great in the case of people like me and my guildy, and even worse in the case of people who got completely screwed by the RNG lotto and are just at a significant disadvantage all the time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Eledwarf View Post
    Heroic logs, who cares. People who complain about legendaries are usually the people aiming for top 100 world logs and struggle because everyone in that bracket has both BiS legendaries. If you're not even getting 99% logs in Heroic it isn't your legendaries.
    Nah most of the people who complain are 35% normal parsers with bad gear and worse specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a ready source, I'm assuming that it works just bad luck protection in other cases. Every time you do content that is eligible to provide legendary gear, your chance of getting a legendary subsequently increases. It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't reset upon getting an item, because that is how bad luck protection in WoW works on bonus rolls. If it didn't reset for bonus rolls, you would eventually wind up at 100% chance to get gear every time you used a bonus roll.

Edit: Found the post I'm referring to in which they explained the basics of what bad luck protection does. Blue post is the 5th post in that thread. https://web.archive.org/web/20151220...pic/7646144870
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-12-23 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Yes. Good legendaries have massive impact on your performance. Bad ones have no impact whatsoever.

*shocking*

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    1. Alythess's Pyrogenics

The important question is: Are you locked out of content you would otherwise not be able to do because of this?

If the honest answer is no, then what is the problem? If you are being benched by your progression guild, sure, OK, I'll give you a valid complaint.

Not everyone can be #1 on the meters. Chances are your equipment is not going to dictate if you are there, the class design is. Its always been that way. (if we are talking even player skill amongst the team) Class balance is a whole nother' can of worms.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-12-23 at 04:54 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

You are backstabbing yourself when you claim, stupid things like what I bolded.

From personal anecdotal experience, people are quiting all over the place. Even the last people, who had stayed and I used to have on real ID are not renewing next month.

From official announcements PVP participation is approximately 40% less than Draenor, which used to be the previous metric of a bad expansion.

And you are arguing that people should retire, instead of the obvious, firing incompetent designers like Holinka?

I am not interested in a flame war, I really don't care anymore. And not caring is the worst thing that can happen into a "relationship" if you can call it that.

Keep defending the game, a different game than the one the masses adored, and there will be a handful of players left to defend it.

Edit: and have a loot at my signature, and consider that Ghostcrawler would be 10 times better than those in charge now. That coming from a critic of GC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have one legendary on my main, and I don't even equip it for 40% of the fights in EN and ToV because it's worse than an 850 neck for demonology. You don't see a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I have one legendary on my main, and I don't even equip it for 40% of the fights in EN and ToV because it's worse than an 850 neck for demonology. You don't see a problem with that?
    And they are addressing that with the upcoming patch? That problem is not isolated to your legendary, its because of the itemization problem that currently exists. The problem you are talking about spans all kinds of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The important question is: Are you locked out of content you would otherwise not be able to do because of this?

If the honest answer is no, then what is the problem? If you are being benched by your progression guild, sure, OK, I'll give you a valid complaint.

Not everyone can be #1 on the meters. Chances are your equipment is not going to dictate if you are there, the class design is. Its always been that way. (if we are talking even player skill amongst the team) Class balance is a whole nother' can of worms.
    I do not raid much but just like anyone else, I do enjoy getting an upgrade. I enjoy running mythics with my friends that do raid and outgear me, I just want to feel that I am contributing. The belt and bracers would allow me to help out more on damage, since I am a damage class that is what matters to me. The quality of play gated behind Destruction's legendary belt makes it a much higher priority for play than other ones for me. The bracers are really nice as well.

I do hate the legendary system in its current state, it feels way too much like Diablo 3's horrid RNG system.

I have a Guardian Druid, it has the craptastically itemized survival instincts ring, that is right behind my Warlock on everything. It is now my main and I will just boost an alt since I have 3-4 months of game time left from purchasing six months at once. I want to enjoy my time playing this game and right now my Warlock is not enjoyable to me. I may try a Mage out, they look like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't have a ready source, I'm assuming that it works just bad luck protection in other cases. Every time you do content that is eligible to provide legendary gear, your chance of getting a legendary subsequently increases. It doesn't make sense that it wouldn't reset upon getting an item, because that is how bad luck protection in WoW works on bonus rolls. If it didn't reset for bonus rolls, you would eventually wind up at 100% chance to get gear every time you used a bonus roll.

Edit: Found the post I'm referring to in which they explained the basics of what bad luck protection does. Blue post is the 5th post in that thread. https://web.archive.org/web/20151220...pic/7646144870
    Thank you for substantiating your argument. We are still running on What Ifs, at best, though.

In the end Legion has not been out long enough for complaints about Legendary hard caps and whatnot to be valid. Oranges were never meant to be grinded and adopting this sort of mentality borders on the gambler's fallacy where the gambler believes that the more he plays, the more entitled he becomes to the reward that he/she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    *thinly veiled attempt to fill a bingo card*
    "Subs are taking a nosedive, therefore your pro-statuquo argument is invalid"

I'm not even gonna go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for substantiating your argument. We are still running on What Ifs, at best, though.

In the end Legion has not been out long enough for complaints about Legendary hard caps and whatnot to be valid. Oranges were never meant to be grinded and adopting this sort of mentality borders on the gambler's fallacy where the gambler believes that the more he plays, the more entitled he becomes to the reward that he/she wants.
    Bad luck protection existing suggests otherwise. I don't see how they could both intend for you to not grind out legendaries while simultaneously setting the system up to give you an improved chance at reward by grinding.

It isn't the more you play the more entitled you feel, you're just playing on the balance of probability eventually winding up in your favor. The scales being tipped slightly more each time you fail is an encouragement that doesn't exist for typical forms of gambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

"Subs are taking a nosedive, therefore your pro-statuquo argument is invalid"

I'm not even gonna go there.
    You are basically watching a robbery at your neighbor's house, and not calling the police, because your house is safe, yet....

In reality you are next

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    You are basically watching a robbery at your neighbor's house, and not calling the police, because your house is safe, yet....

In reality you are next
    What I think we're seeing is that your neighbor is complaining that he won a BMW when he really wanted an Audi.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I dunno, what did my OP say?

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    What I think we're seeing is that your neighbor is complaining that he won a BMW when he really wanted an Audi.
    no. that's not it.