Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So which is the utility neck and utility rings, the audi or BMW? cause I see them as Yugos in a world of luxury cars. No main stats, garbage procs/abilities... yep sure seems fair and even to pieces like heads, chests, and legs that give you like fucking 1000 more of your main stat. yea... you guys sure is smarts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I dunno, what did my OP say?
    I got two crap legendaries, this is unacceptable!

I would easily breach 95 percentile on ursoc with 2x BiS legendary and be sitting on 90th+ on cenarius. I was extremely competitive on logs in prior expansions regardless of which spec of DK I played but the volume of players who have 1-2 BiS and therefore outperform the other players (since the other 6 legendaries for Frost are effectively DPS-neutral on bosses) is ridiculous.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I got two crap legendaries, this is unacceptable!

I would easily breach 95 percentile on ursoc with 2x BiS legendary and be sitting on 90th+ on cenarius. I was extremely competitive on logs in prior expansions regardless of which spec of DK I played but the volume of players who have 1-2 BiS and therefore outperform the other players (since the other 6 legendaries for Frost are effectively DPS-neutral on bosses) is ridiculous.
    Again, what did my OP say? How about the first sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    no. that's not it.
    That's 100% it.

I GOT THIS 910 ITEM, BUT IT'S NOT THE ONE THAT I WANTED, BLIZZARD WTF WHY ME WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS HEINOUS CRIME?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, what did my OP say? How about the first sentence?
    If you acknowledge there is a problem for a small set of people, then there is a problem. Period.

Deleted
    My main complaint with legendaries is that I feel as if I am being funneled into one spec. As a Warlock I technically have three seperate specs I can use for an encounter to do DPS with. However seeing as I've mained Demo for the past few months all my legendaries that modify my DPS are related to that spec (I don't have the Sindor's Spite). Now when I see changes in the other spec I get rather curious about testing them, especially Affliction. However, even though I've updated relics whenever I could and upgraded my Artifact Power as much as I can towards 35 I still cannot instantly fix the legendary issue. Having 0 DPS legendaries to 2 DPS legendaries is a relevant difference when it comes to which spec will perform better over the other when progressing on boss fights. I'm being tunneled towards Demo when I really want to have a crack at my WHOLE class rather than 1/3 of it.
    This is why legendaries are stupid. Ontop of the relics and the artifact power they are another nuisance that prevents players from swapping specs without being punished.

If you acknowledge there is a problem for a small set of people, then there is a problem. Period.
    I'd argue otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue otherwise.
    Just because a subset of people among a large group complaining are not necessarily validated in their complaints, it does not erase the complaint of the group as a whole anyway.

Just because that demon hunter has bad logs and doesn't like the legendary system, does not mean I wouldn't gain 40-50k DPS and thus be far more competitive then I would otherwise be if the system weren't in place or legendaries were utility only.

Blizzard themselves have stated that after EN they would be balancing around legendaries, which means that when that becomes the case (which will either be in Nighthold or Tomb), players who don't have effective legendaries (because some legendaries are effectively useless even with the new 7.1.5 designs) will effectively be dragging their team down because of poor RNG, when they wouldn't be otherwise.

There are at least 26000 players who are more progressed then me, if my concern is valid for me by your own parameters then it's valid for all other 26000 players too. 26000 is not a "small" number.

Just because a subset of people among a large group complaining are not necessarily validated in their complaints, it does not erase the complaint of the group as a whole anyway.

Just because that demon hunter has bad logs and doesn't like the legendary system, does not mean I wouldn't gain 40-50k DPS and thus be far more competitive then I would otherwise be if the system weren't in place or legendaries were utility only.

Blizzard themselves have stated that after EN they would be balancing around legendaries, which means that when that becomes the case (which will either be in Nighthold or Tomb), players who don't have effective legendaries (because some legendaries are effectively useless even with the new 7.1.5 designs) will effectively be dragging their team down because of poor RNG, when they wouldn't be otherwise.

There are at least 26000 players who are more progressed then me, if my concern is valid for me by your own parameters then it's valid for all other 26000 players too. 26000 is not a "small" number.
    Newflash: 26,0000 players are the exact minority I spoke about.

Do you know what percentage of the player base that is? I know big numbers raise eyebrows, but context means everything.

All that aside, the bandwagon mentality in the rest of the playerbase makes it hard to funnel out the bullshit for legit concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    So which is the utility neck and utility rings, the audi or BMW? cause I see them as Yugos in a world of luxury cars. No main stats, garbage procs/abilities... yep sure seems fair and even to pieces like heads, chests, and legs that give you like fucking 1000 more of your main stat. yea... you guys sure is smarts.
    I don't understand the argument that legendaries with a defensive proc should be considered worthless.

On a wider scale there are very few mythic fights which end with all twenty members of the raid being alive (particularly during progression) so wearing one will help out the healers and maybe even keep you or someone else alive at a time where mistakes might be made and the damage taken by the raid could become unmanageable.

On a more personal scale you get to do more DPS on a fight like Nythendra where additional survivability lets you stand in non-lethal pools of bad and keep doing damage during the swarm phase. Obviously this is something that no one should be doing during progression but once the boss is on farm you can start looking for small ways to get ahead...

The stats are an issue but as far as we know this is getting fixed in 7.1.5 so the idea that we should not look a gift car in the windshield seems to hold here.

Im a simple casual player...I obtain a Legendary, I equip it, I am happy.

Bosses are still going down, I don't see a problem.

No, getting your BIS legendary doesnt suddenly make you an amazing player. But Method even confirmed that people were taking their ALTS into the raids because of legendaries, and legendaries do have a pretty considerable impact. I mean, hell I havnt done legit raiding since cata, this xpac with the meta build, best gear I have acquired via +s ect early on I was doing pretty terrible dps, I got my first BIS legendary, the BEST possible one for my class (unholy DK bracers) and I noticed an INSANE damage increase, mind you this is more of a fringe case as unholy is really heavily reliant on the bracers, but they DO have an impact. Now you can imagine if I was raiding, and I didn't get these bracers, I have no doubts I would have been the first bench consideration due to my dps lacking thanks to this legendary.

This is why blizzard SHOULD take legendary complaints seriously. Because the system is just down right awful, all legendaries should have been like Pyraz (or however you spell the neck). No dps gain out side of stats, but useful utility tools attached to them.

My monk has been doing 90-96 since launch, but as soon as i got one BiS last week i did 98-99 on all bosses last run. I think BiS do magically increase dps

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    I think BiS do magically increase dps
    Nobody claimed otherwise.

Deleted
    I play for progression. I also play to get ranks. It's fun to me to work on my performance and getting better and better. This addon, no matter HOW much time I spend on my char, I simply can't rank or even do outstanding dps. Simply because I had bad luck 4 times. Soon Nighthold releases and farming Mythic Nightmare and TOV is almost over. gg.

If you can't understand people like me, that's fine. But don't open threads like this.

Nobody claimed otherwise.
    Then i dont see the point of the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Bosses are still going down, I don't see a problem.
    Because as a DPS player, I play this game to be competitive. Both in logs, with myself and within the guild. Competition is the driving force for improvement. If there is no competition, I don't want to play.

Because as a DPS player, I play this game to be competitive. Both in logs, with myself and within the guild. Competition is the driving force for improvement. If there is no competition, I don't want to play.
    The legendary system is as stupid as "your account does 20% more damage"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    The legendary system is as stupid as "your account does 20% more damage"
    At least that would allow you to play a different character :P The current legendary system is dumb as balls, and I really can't understand how anyone is able to NOT see that.