Will Sephuz's Secret ever be any good for Sin? I just got it as my 3rd legendary along with Bracers and Legs. The bracers are a no-brainer, but do we know if we'll be able to equip a 3rd legendary in a later patch? Otherwise I'm not sure the loss of primary stats could ever be justified, even in 5mans where its proc would get the most use.

Can anyone take a look at this log and see if there's anything obvious I'm doing wrong? Hard to believe I got 9th percentile on it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=6&source=11

Thanks!

Without going into huge amounts of detail;
    - You got pretty unlucky on poison bomb dmg. Looks like you only got 2 procs from 24 envenoms
    - The rogues who are pushing up the parses in mythic have bracers and vendetta boots with 2x MA relics. The two combined are probably worth an extra 20% dps by themselves. Even if they don't have both, having 1 or the other will put them above you easily.
    - Logs might be wrong, but your add damage is really low. That's the great thing about assassin when there are tanky adds, you get to apply all your bleeds and poisons and then switch targets and get full bleeds and poisons up again. You only did 150k dps to the tree and nothing to dragons (that's what the logs say).

Without the big dps legendary items you would probably only be able to hit the high 30% anyway for the rogues downing mythic Cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshott View Post
    Without going into huge amounts of detail;
    - You got pretty unlucky on poison bomb dmg. Looks like you only got 2 procs from 24 envenoms
    - The rogues who are pushing up the parses in mythic have bracers and vendetta boots with 2x MA relics. The two combined are probably worth an extra 20% dps by themselves. Even if they don't have both, having 1 or the other will put them above you easily.
    - Logs might be wrong, but your add damage is really low. That's the great thing about assassin when there are tanky adds, you get to apply all your bleeds and poisons and then switch targets and get full bleeds and poisons up again. You only did 150k dps to the tree and nothing to dragons (that's what the logs say).

Without the big dps legendary items you would probably only be able to hit the high 30% anyway for the rogues downing mythic Cenarius.
    Yeah with our strat, we only had a single tank handling the dragons and all the dps ignored them.

I tried to apply bleeds and poisons to the tree at least, but might not have had the greatest uptime. I'm still trying to get 3x MA relics, I know that's a huge boost.

Deleted
    Hello guys, I'm doing 350k dps ST currently. I just tried assa lately, been playing sub and outlaw all time and I don't know if my dps output or I should do like 500K ST. Please tell me so I can improve on my rotation or sth. If not, I'll stop worrying. ty!

Since I cannot paste urls I'll tell my stats.
    39% crit, 110% mastery, 6% haste and 9% vers. 26,5k agi.
    Ilvl 880 equipped.
    No vendetta relics.

Artifact weapon lvl 30.

Deleted
    Letalius, get simcraft, test your gear and see if you sim around what you get, then aim on try beat your own simmed dmg in raids

Deleted
    Simcraft sims my gear for 280k
    Quote Originally Posted by osicat View Post
    Letalius, get simcraft, test your gear and see if you sim around what you get, then aim on try beat your own simmed dmg in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Letalius View Post
    Simcraft sims my gear for 280k
    Somethings broke with Simc i.m.o

I'm 870ilvl with similar stats ; 38% crit, 11% haste, 124% mastery, 6% vers (3MA) and i sim for 410k+ (35 traits)

How does Vigor compare to Deeper Stratagem on the PTR ? Ive going with vigor there but hasn't realy tested stratagem much. I believe Vigor is better now but I haven't seen anything "oficial"about it yet, I hope it is cause it makes the rotation 100x more fluid with the extra energy regen.

Deleted
    What I'm curious about is Anticipation. I know it doesn't add anything to increase your damage, but with the nerf too DS and the change to 10 CP, you'll pretty much never lose any CP and thereby lose dps, unless you FoK a really big pack of adds. Does it compete in any way with the other two? Or is it just a talent for PvP? I'm curious about how it will pan out.

Thought I was pretty decent pulling over 400k dps in dungeons with 877ilvl as assassin with Insignia ring and Prydaz legendaries.

Then played with a dude with legendary belt and bracer. So basically an execute phase at the start and end of every trash pack and he could pull over 600k pretty easily.

He was taking a tonne more damage than me and nearly dying, but no way I could keep up with that in dps. He may have been a lot better player but I honestly doubt it the way he was playing.

#LegionbalanceisawesomeIlovelegendariesRNG

Can someone give my logs a look? I have simmed this build out and feel like I am getting the best possible numbers at this gear level, but I'd like a second set of eyes to make sure I'm not missing something. I unlocked my hidden trait after this raid, which should help some. Toon is Shirtrippah.

www (dot) warcraftlogs (dot) com (slash) reports (slash) WyA2JPkFXrtx6nLN#fight=25&type=damage-done&source=771

Thanks.

@RobYams

I'm not the best at analyzing these things, but from a quick glance I noticed 2 things, your Elaborate planning uptime, and envenom uptime could use a little boost. I find I'm usually in the 75% range for EP and 60ish% for Envenom. The other thing I noticed is at the start of the fight, you used kingsbane and no envenoms to get the buff up so you apply poisons faster to buff your kingsbane damage up.

Right or wrong, when I prep for kingsbane, I try to get 2-3 combo points build up, a close to full energy pool, pop kingsbane, immediately envenom for the buff, then spam mutilates and envenoms to keep EP and envenom buff up till kingsbane drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, keep that rupture uptime as close to 100% as possible. Spread it around every chance you get to regenerate energy faster.

Can't be assed to look through all the pages, but i have a pretty simple question, that prolly can't be answered with 100% confidence, but ill throw it out anyways.

I'm sitting on 885/895/880 relics (2x rup dmg 1x rup crit), and i know i sim better with the MA relics. But i seriously can't believe they aren't going to nerf it. It's ridic how much you can go in ilvl with 2/3 of them. (I have boots.)

But we're just scared to swap out our really good relics for low ilvl ones and see it nerfed soon. They nerfed the BiS outlaw relics. Why would they not touch MA? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY stronger than any other of the other traits. And the outlaw ones were ~10-20 ilvls better than most other traits only.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    Can't be assed to look through all the pages, but i have a pretty simple question, that prolly can't be answered with 100% confidence, but ill throw it out anyways.

I'm sitting on 885/895/880 relics (2x rup dmg 1x rup crit), and i know i sim better with the MA relics. But i seriously can't believe they aren't going to nerf it. It's ridic how much you can go in ilvl with 2/3 of them. (I have boots.)

But we're just scared to swap out our really good relics for low ilvl ones and see it nerfed soon. They nerfed the BiS outlaw relics. Why would they not touch MA? It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY stronger than any other of the other traits. And the outlaw ones were ~10-20 ilvls better than most other traits only.

What do you think?
    They probably won't touch MA relics because they're nearly useless outside of ST, so its not the 100% always best relic to run unlike the outlaw counterparts.

Its the same reason they didn't touch boots at all and nerfed everything else.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-12-30 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    I have no idea to counter the huge crit loss we receive with the upcoming patch. Remember, we are loosing 5% base crit and crit rating is cut by ~15% of its worth (400 instead of 350 per %). For me its a loss of >10% crit infight. It is pretty easy to drop below 30% sheet crit with the changes and the new items out of nighthold. Didnt read a lot about the mainstat buff, so this comes later to live I guess. We will face hard times with those low crit values.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    They probably won't touch MA relics because they're nearly useless outside of ST, so its not the 100% always best relic to run unlike the outlaw counterparts.

Its the same reason they didn't touch boots at all and nerfed everything else.
    this, and you need to counting the rupture buff. spamming fok->rupture is a substantial boost for the value of rupture's relics in aoe scenario

I thought they had said they were raising the amount of secondary stat needed per point, 400 instead of 350, but also raising the amount of secondary stat on our gear to a point where we could actually be about even, if not slightly ahead of where we are now? Has this changed or not reflecting on PTR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyzibeth View Post
    I thought they had said they were raising the amount of secondary stat needed per point, 400 instead of 350, but also raising the amount of secondary stat on our gear to a point where we could actually be about even, if not slightly ahead of where we are now? Has this changed or not reflecting on PTR?
    the are only increasing the secondary stats on rings / necks.

in a future patch they are also increasing the main stats on all items.

this is the usual blizz style - nerfing fast and re-adjust very slowly over months after the changes
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-30 at 10:02 PM.

Not looking forward being constant energy and combo points starved come 7.1.5 with crit nerf

Also according to my sim rupture>MA relics quite a bit on anything over 3+ target, I wonder if there's going to be a relic change up comes NH though I have no idea what nighthold bosses are like outside of second hand sources.

Not running any MA relic also felt nice since every other Kingsbane would perfectly line up with vendetta, now that the interaction would be fixed.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-12-30 at 10:56 PM.