Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    As long as we can shoot the cop back then I see no problem with this.
    If the cops are shooting preemptively, the homeowners should be too.

I'm with the cops on this one. Drug dealers aren't exactly known for keeping super-friendly pets - at least around here they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm with the cops on this one. Drug dealers aren't exactly known for keeping super-friendly pets - at least around here they aren't.
    Around these parts, the cops aren't exactly known for raiding the correct house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I'm not really seeing the problem here. They can't know if it's going to attack them or not.
    Most dogs, most pet dogs are not going to be truly harmful. I can see this stance towards very powerful dogs that can kill with a bite, but my dogs in particular would do nothing than give you a bad bite that might need a stitch or two. In exchange for that negligible chance (probably less than 1%) they have the right to murder both my precious babies.

you dont own a dog huh ? nitro fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Anyone with enough brain cells can tell the difference between a dog barking out of excitement and a dog's behavior when it's about to fuck you up.
    Those people are specifically prevented from becoming police in the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And flush your drugs down the toilet while you're at it.
    If it is an amount small enough that it will go down a toilet without clogging it, it's not relevant.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

#Canine Lives Matter

I am sure when can all get behind this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh but god forbid you shoot a police dog in self defense!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Those people are specifically prevented from becoming police in the USA.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is an amount small enough that it will go down a toilet without clogging it, it's not relevant.
    No, those people are promoted to being in charge of the police.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Even if we were to take it to the other extreme, needlessly destroying private property isn't something we should tolerate from the police either.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Pets don't belong indoors? No. Pets don't belong outdoors, short of farm animals. Hell, if I got a pot bellied pig, he'd still spend a ton of time indoors.
    This is just feelsy-cuddle nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Nor do they belong indoors. Obviously, this is my personal opinion, but there it is. /shrug
    Opinions like yours are why there are as many feral cats as there are domestic cats

My dogs are my family, there would be consequences to killing my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    So police should never be able to search a home?

Id be interested to learn if they found evidence of drugs. If not the police should be held accountable for the dogs deaths.
    They can serve a warrant by walking up to the door and informing the resident, giving him time to restrain any animals. I find any sort of "no knock" raid abhorrent though.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Opinions like yours are why there are as many feral cats as there are domestic cats
    So you're saying you don't like their natural state?

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    you let your pizza delivery guy inside the door?
    I let em step in, of course the only time I order delivery is in the worst of weather.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So you're saying you don't like their natural state?
    The natural state of domestic cats and dogs hasn't existed for thousands of years? Their natural state is co-dependence on people.
    Cats are indoor pets. Small to medium dogs are indoor pets. Large dogs in an appropriate domicile are indoor pets.

I have a shih'tzu... he's harmless. He wants to be petted BY EVERYONE, nor does he bark. He'd run up to them just because he wants to cuddle and be petted. It's hard for me to imagine him being shot just because of his natural desire is to greet someone... on purpose. Because he was somehow being 'vicious'. He's never growled, snapped, or bitten at anything. No signs of aggression at all I -think- he dislikes our cat, but the most he's ever done to her is move his head out of the way of being headbutted. And he pretty much ignores her.

It's a ridiculous ruling. At least give me time to kennel him so he won't 'interfere'. I'll throw my cat in there with him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Their natural state is co-dependence on people. Cats are indoor pets. Small to medium dogs are indoor pets. Large dogs in an appropriate domicile are indoor pets.
    This is really just opinion. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to it. I just disagree. /shrug

Two pit bulls were shot. Nothing of value was lost. Dangerous breeds made for illegal dog fighting have no place in a safe society.

Where's the resolution saying I can shoot a cop for lunging. Dogs are more qualified to be around humans than they are anyway.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Two pit bulls were shot. Nothing of value was lost. Dangerous breeds made for illegal dog fighting have no place in a safe society.
    I know of quite a few dog owners that would say (and at times correctly so) their dogs are more valuable than a human.