Poll: Why did these two hot button issues evaporate overnight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socanyou View Post
    At this point it just looks like you hate Americans and want to advertise for Breitbart.
    Not at all, just telling you what unfolded the past 15 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    This was all a ploy to keep people from looking at the real news, the important thing. THE CONTENT OF THE EMAILS.

open your eyes and look there. don't fall for the Misdirection.
    YES! PEDOPHILIA RINGS AND SPIRIT COOKERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Well, ignoring those ridiculous poll options, it's most likely due to the lack of new information. The educated, liberal, left leaning part of this country does not really enjoy having a dead horse beaten for months/years; and they were the primary audience interested in the recount efforts and possible Russian interference. The uneducated left, along with most moderates/right-wing individuals tend to not really care beyond the buzzwords and basic jist of the situation. It's fairly complex so many people kind of shut it out due to it not really mattering to them.

The recount efforts primarily suggested that the results were within an acceptable margin of error, and that the right wing will adamantly fight and obstruct the left when there is nothing to be gained. Nothing new, so people stopped reading and tuning into recount discussions.

The Russian Interference has not yet been completed, and many are waiting for the report the Obama will hopefully share with the nation. Until then, we have anonymous leaks from various intelligence agencies which light a small fire under the issue each time. People are still pretty interested in the results, myself included, due to the Russians compromising DNC emails. But there is just nothing more to discuss, and again, the intended audience generally does not like hearing the same thing over and over again; so they know they need to move on.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

So now you want the media to keep up the outrage over two issues, where the news cannot be advanced? Okay.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The media, both right and left, are driven by profit. They will cover whatever gets ratings for their target audience. Or clicks/sales for websites.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I was just wondering what happened to all the intense interest in these two issues: the recount and the Russian accusations. Both issues have dropped from media coverage and discussion altogether, seemingly overnight.

When the recounts were struck down or halted due to uncovering something suspicious the matter was closed instantly. Nobody wanted to talk more about it or address the issue of baseless mass manipulation and the donation soliciting that resulted from a women who had no proof whatsoever that any results were wrong.

When the Electoral College voted Donald J Trump the next American President all chatter about "da Russians" ceased. All the WaPo fake news and the conspiracy theories about Russians "winning the election for Trump" vanished like a fart in the wind.

Where did all the interest go? I thought these things were so critical important that they had the power to shape the entire nation. And yet now they're completely unspoken of.
    The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial 2. Anger 3. Bargaining 4. Depression 5. Acceptance.

We have finally arrived at 5, or at least 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
    "Birtherism"... Obama's birth certificate was just proven fake, without a shroud of doubt. How does that fit in to the narative?
    Thank you for proving my point, it's laughable seeing conservatives trying to claim the high ground.

My guess is that the importance of these two issues dropped for many people. They will return in the future, maybe with a vengeance.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It wasn't mere words, it was the most sophisticated, multi-pronged cyber attack on our private and public institutions ever. Degrading it as some non-issue shows how deep your denial is.
    I heard phishing e-mails are the most sophisticated type of hacking. Ever.

EVER

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    This was all a ploy to keep people from looking at the real news, the important thing. THE CONTENT OF THE EMAILS.

open your eyes and look there. don't fall for the Misdirection.
    So what was in the emails that we should be looking for? Specific examples please.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post

EVER
    LOL REKT

This was the first sign Podesta was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The fact that he ran a campaign for a Democrat that included stops in Georgia, Texas, and Arizona, but not Wisconsin or Michigan was the nail in the coffin of his presumed competence.

EVER
    Multi-pronged dude.

Prongs duded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    LOL REKT

This was the first sign Podesta was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The fact that he ran a campaign for a Democrat that included stops in Georgia, Texas, and Arizona, but not Wisconsin or Michigan was the nail in the coffin of his presumed competence.
    I'm sorry, you've been blinded by the fake news. They did campaign in Wisconsin and Michigan. It was just that the fake news you were reading made you believe that they didn't go there. Damn this fake news. Got us again!

All the salt, excuses, tears and angst from these Clinton supporters are going to keep me warm this Xmas. Joy to the world!

I'm sorry, you've been blinded by the fake news. They did campaign in Wisconsin and Michigan. It was just that the fake news you were reading made you believe that they didn't go there. Damn this fake news. Got us again!

All the salt, excuses, tears and angst from these Clinton supporters are going to keep me warm this Xmas. Joy to the world!
    She factually had zero appearances in Wisconsin, and none in Michigan until the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    She factually had zero appearances in Wisconsin, and none in Michigan until the last month.
    Fake news, man. Fake news. We all fell for it. Those sneaky Russians at it again! What will they think of next? They are so sophisticated in their attempts to thwart our election process. Phishing e-mails (multi-pronged, of course) and fake internet news. Damn, their good!

Fake news, man. Fake news. We all fell for it. Those sneaky Russians at it again! What will they think of next? They are so sophisticated in their attempts to thwart our election process. Phishing e-mails (multi-pronged, of course) and fake internet news. Damn, their good!
    I don't know what you are on about but I recognize the attempt at humor. I wish I got the joke. I love jokes....

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    I was just wondering what happened to all the intense interest in these two issues: the recount and the Russian accusations. Both issues have dropped from media coverage and discussion altogether, seemingly overnight.

When the recounts were struck down or halted due to uncovering something suspicious the matter was closed instantly. Nobody wanted to talk more about it or address the issue of baseless mass manipulation and the donation soliciting that resulted from a women who had no proof whatsoever that any results were wrong.

When the Electoral College voted Donald J Trump the next American President all chatter about "da Russians" ceased. All the WaPo fake news and the conspiracy theories about Russians "winning the election for Trump" vanished like a fart in the wind.

Where did all the interest go? I thought these things were so critical important that they had the power to shape the entire nation. And yet now they're completely unspoken of.
    I can't tell if you're kidding or not.

For one, DJT is a walking 24 hour news cycle. He says or does something monumentally stupid so frequently that the media can't keep up. Romney said 1% of what Trump said, but because he said these things a few months in between each other and the media had time to rip him apart. Trump just jumps from gaff to gaff and no one cares.

Also, obviously the news sites are incentivized to drum up fear and importance of every news story. Having a news story that's "Well this might be a problem but we're not sure" doesn't get clicks. So everything is a big deal. Every election is the biggest one in history. Every president will shape the future of the world. That's how the news is right now. Have you seen the news in the past 5 years?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38463025

35 Russian diplomats expelled - doesn't seem like it evaporated.