Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so patch is soon to go live

And here's my conclusion.

On my havoc demonhunter the patch brought me this:

* 13,333% fury generation reduction
    * a crit chance drop from 44% to 37%
    * no compensation for the above mentioned, instead a BiS Legendary which also got nerfed just to make sure I need to have the 2 piece tier set bonus and the legendary in order to somewhat get back the gameplay I am used to.
    * no baked in talents.

I must say, those devs ....mmmmm! really good. They are so fucking good it hurts...a lot.

I really hope their CD CJ meetings are fruitful when they F themselves countlessly in the A.

God they P me off.

F this game.

*ramble ramble rant*

PTR is a time for them to try things. They haven't even slid out patch notes/explanations. Go make well thought out and constructive posts on the official forums and engage in concise intelligent discussion. Blizzard will notice that and may make changes reflecting community discussion.

Or just whine here. Idc
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    *ramble ramble rant*

PTR is a time for them to try things. They haven't even slid out patch notes/explanations. Go make well thought out and constructive posts on the official forums and engage in concise intelligent discussion. Blizzard will notice that and may make changes reflecting community discussion.

Or just whine here. Idc
    By the time you did write a well constructed post on more official sites it would still be too late. You think they receive feedback and patch in new content at the same time?

You're having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    By the time you did write a well constructed post on more official sites it would still be too late. You think they receive feedback and patch in new content at the same time?

You're having a laugh.
    I'd disagree personally. Posting constructively on the forums is really our only ability as players to possibly reach developers. If it's something small, it's never really too late. Asking for major redesign or overhaul is, of course, fruitless. But, from what I can discern from the OP, he just wants a few changes reverted, which would be relatively straightforward and doable in a short time-span.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    And here's my conclusion.

On my havoc demonhunter the patch brought me this:

* 13,333% fury generation reduction
    * a crit chance drop from 44% to 37%
    * no compensation for the above mentioned, instead a BiS Legendary which also got nerfed just to make sure I need to have the 2 piece tier set bonus and the legendary in order to somewhat get back the gameplay I am used to.
    * no baked in talents.

I must say, those devs ....mmmmm! really good. They are so fucking good it hurts...a lot.

I really hope their CD CJ meetings are fruitful when they F themselves countlessly in the A.

God they P me off.

F this game.
    You forgot the Mastery buff, the new Chaos Cleave talent, the Fel Eruption buff, the First Blood buff and the Nemesis buff. (Also all the new PvP talents that are buffs overall). And yeah, Momentum nerf (Demon's Speed)

I agree our fury generation will suck in 7.1.5 without tier and ring, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd disagree personally. Posting constructively on the forums is really our only ability as players to possibly reach developers. If it's something small, it's never really too late. Asking for major redesign or overhaul is, of course, fruitless. But, from what I can discern from the OP, he just wants a few changes reverted, which would be relatively straightforward and doable in a short time-span.
    Also, you've no idea how Blizzard works.

If the patch is already in the background downloader, that means the current PTR build is marked for release. No changes are going to be made to that build until live, probably.

I expect a lot of hotfixing before Nighthold, though, seeing the status the PTR is at (legendaries overall)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Also, you've no idea how Blizzard works.

If the patch is already in the background downloader, that means the current PTR build is marked for release. No changes are going to be made to that build until live, probably.

I expect a lot of hotfixing before Nighthold, though, seeing the status the PTR is at (legendaries overall)
    Thanks for the baseless insult. I've been playing the game at least as long as you, if not longer. I'm aware of how the PTR works.
    – C.S. Lewis

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was initially disappointed with this patch for Havoc (very vocal about it too) but, since I do not have AotHG, the patch seems to leave me significantly stronger than I am currently. Specifically, my downtime goes from 25% to 15% and the ST DPS goes from 414k (1230111) to 469k (2220321) according to SimC (the numbers are mere indicator right now, they are probably not 100% accurate yet). The set bonus, new legendary, Convergence of Fates, and Meta Relics will also help significantly to further reduce the downtime due to extra fury regen, Chaos Strike crit, and higher meta uptime.

Mastery >>>>>>> Versatility as a stat, bonus points for the crazy movement speed increase

Defensively, Blur can be used purely for defense and Netherwalk is an extremely viable option while our baseline Metamorphosis gives as significant leech.

Felblade is a great ability though still not chaos damage.

With Bloodlet becoming useless, we can now choose between Unleashed Power and Demon Reborn both of which offer significant gains in a M+ scenario; Demon Reborn easily becomes the go to talent once we get Shoulders/Relics/Convergence of Fates.

Demonic might see some use in M+ by increasing our survivability (leech via Soul Rending) while offering a middle choice between AoE (Fel Barrage) and ST (Chaos Blades).

As a final note, while I have always been a very vocal advocate of Momentum, the new Nemesis enables us to do nearly full damage without making us a liability in certain fights. With that said, I still believe that Momentum has been nerfed way too hard.

---

So yeah, I am VERY happy with the new build even though I bitched about it at the start. Bonus points for the fact that Vengeance also received big buffs too.

My only complaint that Momentum was hit too hard and that having another spec-defining legendary is quite lame. And that we will have to regularly change talents to be super optimal.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-12-23 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how much of a diference will be between Prepared vs Demon Blades? Because for me, on live, the dif is about 2%,and since they're nerfing demon blades, i guess the dif will be lower? or am i wrong since they buffed our mastery x.x.

i do not own the legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Does anyone know how much of a diference will be between Prepared vs Demon Blades? Because for me, on live, the dif is about 2%,and since they're nerfing demon blades, i guess the dif will be lower? or am i wrong since they buffed our mastery x.x.

i do not own the legendary ring.
    Huge.

These are my sims for 7.1.5 using 2221311 (Felblade, Demon Blades, First Blood, Nemesis, Chaos Blades)

And this is the same build, but using Prepared.

As long as DB is able to proc while spending fury, it'll be superior to Prepared, no matter what. Sadly, Blizzard thinks nerfing our Fury generation further is a way to address the problem.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-12-24 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...that's sad, thanks.

Im pretty sure theory crafters etc started simming DHs on PTR with the new build, And the DPS is actually higher.,..

Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    Im pretty sure theory crafters etc started simming DHs on PTR with the new build, And the DPS is actually higher.,..
    They did, and it is. We sacrificed our flair for better DPS. Vengeful Retreat and Fel Mastery are slightly buffed compared to live, but still doesn't make up for the lost momentum up time from losing demon speed's reset. But even in the same gear that I was using about 2 weeks ago I'm pulling better DPS ST, and about the same AoE using a Fel Blade, Chaos Cleave build

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

You're having a laugh.
    That's why people succeed in life. They don't reason like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    That's why people succeed in life. They don't reason like this.
    The patch is being background downloaded now, if thats what he meant.

*ramble ramble rant*

Or just whine here. Idc
    AND this guy, "its PTR. it is only test, numbers will be tuned, etc etc".

I wonder how long they have been playing blizzard games. Cuz such fucked up stuff always passes through PTR. (Unless your main is a mage..)

Deleted
    Shirofune, did you use AotHG in these sims? Your gear and artifact seems similiar to mine (although you have way more haste and versa, while I favored mastery) and I'm simming 485k with First Blood.

The interesting part is that the Demonic build (3311333) sims for almost 500k ST. Granted, I have Raddon's, but it still amuses me. Any ideas why it might be that strong?
    Last edited by mmoc75ca4994a3; 2016-12-24 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Shirofune, did you use AotHG in these sims? Your gear and artifact seems similiar to mine (although you have way more haste and versa, while I favored mastery) and I'm simming 485k with First Blood.

The interesting part is that the Demonic build (3311333) sims for almost 500k ST. Granted, I have Raddon's, but it still amuses me. Any ideas why it might be that strong?
    Nope, I dont.

Deleted
    Just leave DH's as they are >_< Im having so much fun on mine on live...

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as DB remains a viable option, i will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by asdawsd View Post
    AND this guy, "its PTR. it is only test, numbers will be tuned, etc etc".

I wonder how long they have been playing blizzard games. Cuz such fucked up stuff always passes through PTR. (Unless your main is a mage..)
    I've been playing Blizzard games since before WoW was released. Typical PTR cycle: Blizzard makes changes, players data mine some of changes with no context proceed to scream how the sky is falling and how horrible blizzard is. Blizzard explains what changes were missed in data mining, which calms most of community. Repeat these two for the majority of the cycle. At the end, Blizzard releases notes most agree they're good changes, Blizzard pushes them to live, and then the whole thing starts over.

Somewhere in there there's the people saying "mages are blizzards favorite" and "Blizzard always destroys my class" yet they continue to play their wrecked class for years and years.

If we substituted the sky is falling phase with well thought out and intelligent feedback, Blizzard could actually do something. They can't do much with "GG blizz warlock sux I'm quitting"
    – C.S. Lewis