Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Best Expansion Ever

I read a lot of forum posts where people whine about this expansion being very bad.

And I honestly don't understand it.

I consider myself whiner too, I constantly spam forums and WoW feedback with complains about something that I think don't work. But I played this game for around 10 years (started before Black Temple patch) and I still think this is the best expansion ever.

" Titanforge/Warforge system is pure cancer"

Wtf? What would you prefer? Isn't it awesome to randomly get 870ilvl while playing +5m? Or your problem is that someone else got it?

"Legendaries are horrible!"

I have 2 toons I play, total 3 legendaries, they are all "crappy". I got the first legendary at 30 days played game time. Thats fine, I will eventually get all or most of legendaries by the end of expansion. Or your problem is that someone else got better legendary than you first?

"Artifact, the AP grind is cancer"

Really? I can't imagine better system. You are rewarded for playing, you become stronger. You have feeling of progress every day. It does not require hard grind. Or you want to have 54 traits now and immediatly so you will be 10% stronger than your friends?

"World quests, I'm so sick and tired of doing them I wanna puke. But you have to do them, if you want to progress your character optimally."

?? WHat? You get AP from everything, you dont need to do WQ if you dont want. You get AP from PvP and from PvE. What are you talking about? I enjoy doing WQs, doing it every day since second day of expansion.

"Legion is just another money-maker, doesn't seem like Blizzard cares anymore"

LoL.

Not protecting Blizzard in any way but I think many people are just awful spoiled kids.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    For some people worst expansion is always 'current', you can't change this. Legion will be rated fairly few years for now, just like MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    The expansion is good Its actually great, but when you in the moment, experiencing the small problems and bugs the expansion has, then it feels like huge problems.

In the future, Legion up to 7.1.5 will be a very pleasent experience for the large majority of players. I will bet on that
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    I read a lot of forum posts where people whine about this expansion being very bad.

And I honestly don't understand it.

I consider myself whiner too, I constantly spam forums and WoW feedback with complains about something that I think don't work. But I played this game for around 10 years (started before Black Temple patch) and I still think this is the best expansion ever.

Wtf? What would you prefer? Isn't it awesome to randomly get 870ilvl while playing +5m? Or your problem is that someone else got it?

I have 2 toons I play, total 3 legendaries, they are all "crappy". I got the first legendary at 30 days played game time. Thats fine, I will eventually get all or most of legendaries by the end of expansion. Or your problem is that someone else got better legendary than you first?

"Artifact, the AP grind is cancer"

Really? I can't imagine better system. You are rewarded for playing, you become stronger. You have feeling of progress every day. It does not require hard grind. Or you want to have 54 traits now and immediatly so you will be 10% stronger than your friends?

"World quests, I'm so sick and tired of doing them I wanna puke. But you have to do them, if you want to progress your character optimally."

?? WHat? You get AP from everything, you dont need to do WQ if you dont want. You get AP from PvP and from PvE. What are you talking about? I enjoy doing WQs, doing it every day since second day of expansion.

"Legion is just another money-maker, doesn't seem like Blizzard cares anymore"

LoL.

Not protecting Blizzard in any way but I think many people are just awful spoiled kids.
    Yes, all that makes Legion the worst expantion so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion's good ( coming after WoD a pile of rancid skunk feces would look good), but it's not my fav. That would be WotLK.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Bc>wrath>legion>MoP>cata>wod.

Legion is hands down better than WOD in PVE but in PVP i think its the worst ever. PVP in WOD was a little bit better.

Honestly to me PVP was best at BC/WOTLK.

there are tons of things i hate about Legion:

1) old model animations removed.
    2) abilities pruned to hell.
    3) cannot explore areas you are not supposed to be at. I know this one is controversial but i used to love exploration.
    4) mythic+ timed runs. I hate timed content. I would be ok with bosses were timed but i hate rushing through trash etc and just hate timers in general.
    5) PVP, tons of melee, tons of CC. can be one shotted.
    6) World in general is not a scary place. You cannot die from PVE mobs unless you maybe go AFK for 10 minutes.
    7) Just the feel of the game is not the same, not sure how to explain but when i log in i dont feel the excitement i used to feel
    8) random gear. worst feature ever.
    9) legendaries

I consider Legion to be very good, with the exception of the loot system.

Because it's a system thats completly RNG. Some RNG is acceptable, but this is way too much.

Of course that's a big problem in a game where raiding is in center of PvE. It's completly random if you get a good legendary or notand that determins how useful you are. Majority of WoW raiders play to perform their best, but simply cannot because they lost the rng lottery.
    Might add the fact that people get recruited purely based on their legendaries. Even to top 5 guilds.

Saying bad systems are bad, has nothing to do with being 'awful spoiled kids'. Legion revolves way too much around RNG, and main aspects of gearing are random that players cannot directly do a lot about. We're tied on both hands and have to pray to be lucky. How motivating is it to have 40d played and 4 crap legendaries, but the clown with 7d played and zero effort has bis legendaries and therefore does 100k more dps than you. Thats Legion for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Bc>wrath>legion>MoP>cata>wod.
    I would cosign this statement. Though Legion does still have the chance to beat or tie Wrath. Depends on if Argus is Ulduar level or better.

Legion has too much RNG but the other content is enjoyable. It keeps me coming back for the most part. I'm excited about the new patches and nighthold, but I do understand the complaints.

wrath=MoP>legion>BC>cata>wod>vanilla
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-12-24 at 02:11 AM.

Technically newer xpacs may be better, but 'playing the game' also is how you Feel about it, and therefore BC & WotLK>>>rest for many of us, myself included. Even if they release the '100% perfect expansion', it will still be the same old wow with a dead [max lvl -10+]world.
    I liked it when the game was an adventure, slowly developing your main character - you leveled in almost every zone, and even by wotlk times, this was a thing. and the xpacs felt great. After first month of cata - all just became bland, and now the game is so old, it's Impossible to make it feel that great. The Xpac may be great but the game never will. A solid 'alright' is the ceiling.

No one mentioned the absolute shit system professions are.

Rank 3 recipes coming from random drops from bosses in heroics or mythic dungeons...not 100% drops
    Rang 3 gathering recipes just being random when you get them. 1000s of herbs later, still on rank 2s

Professions KILLED having alts to be profession mules. For a lot of people that was the fun of the game. If you don't raid/dungeon there isn't a fuck ton of stuff to do...this was something.

I put this under WoD. IMO WoD was way better than Legion.

Like I was telling my buddy last night who wants to come back: "You can but because of the way AP/AK works, you will be 6 months behind others. In previous xpac you could have bought a carry and at least had a decent weapon drop for your level...now you are fucked." THAT is a major reason why this xpac is shit. That and having to wait months for class hall crap to catch up too. It isn't easy to jump back into the game if you leave or didn't come back right at the start.

Legion IMO is a failure at pretty much every spot other than raiding, then again I'm biased as fuck towards grinds and RNG as it's just bad design if I got asked.

World Quests: I'll be honest, it was fun the first month. Now it's a grind, I know every single quest inside out, I know which is fastest and which is worth my time.

Legendaries: What a fucking garbage system, I DAMN WELL ENJOY getting shat on in my role compaired to guildies, and that they are RNG. Fun system am I rite?

Titanforge: Can you go fuck off with this RNG? No excuse for dungeons to drop BIS gear for pretty much all but a few spots. Or even worse in case of my guild. Normal Ursoc dropping 895.

Artifact Power: Yea as much as people say they ''like it'' there's a thing you have to realize. Most of these traits would be baked into base spec. Or is just plain bad. Example Hunters Turtle now heals for 40% of your Max HP I think. Never bothered to check. But like okay I can use it when solo'ing a rare. But I sure as heck wont use it for the heal in raids 9/10 times, and dungeons too. I get it gives you something to grind. But still I don't see the fun in it at all.

Honor Levels: I actually like this, it gives something unique and let's you actually have some customization even if something is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayfer View Post
    Technically newer xpacs may be better, but 'playing the game' also is how you Feel about it, and therefore BC & WotLK>>>rest for many of us, myself included. Even if they release the '100% perfect expansion', it will still be the same old wow with a dead [max lvl -10+]world.
    I liked it when the game was an adventure, slowly developing your main character - you leveled in almost every zone, and even by wotlk times, this was a thing. and the xpacs felt great. After first month of cata - all just became bland, and now the game is so old, it's Impossible to make it feel that great. The Xpac may be great but the game never will. A solid 'alright' is the ceiling.
    Wrath has aged much better than BC. The questing and dungeon experience in Wrath is far better, while the only thing that still feels good about BC is the raids.

Deleted
    To all the people who whine about rdm ilvl soket tertiary loot. Do you prefer to have a marked ilvl and loot table everywhere? Ok so...

Normals, heroics and mythic dungeons become outdated content the first week as you get better gear than the base ilvl you have there very fast. No reason to run them AT ALL. A friend needs to gear an alt? No sorry I sure wont get any upgrade there.

World content. If item lvl is set for recent dinged 110... gg. I complete them once during the first hour of being 110 and forget about them ALL THE EXPANSION. If set higher, it will make ALL THE OTHER LOWER ILVL CONTENT outdated as soon as you reach it.

Hey tonight we have a farm run in EN HC to gear some off specs we need for mythic, do you come to help? Ummm no sorry I have to do something else than playing a full raid with NO POSSIBLE upgrades, screw you.

Need a tank for a M7 dungeon, do you come? No sorry I only get upgrades in M15+ not interested to go with you (or any other group in the LFG tool who is looking for a tank, longer ques weeee!)

Really, I don't see the advantages of set loot.

Legendaries can be a different history if you are in the very top guilds on your region and the competence is so savage you really need them. If not, you just are a wanabe who cant understand that no legendaries are needed to complet the countent and hope to hide your lack of skill behind some orange itms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Legion is hands down better than WOD in PVE but in PVP i think its the worst ever. PVP in WOD was a little bit better.

Honestly to me PVP was best at BC/WOTLK.

Let me guess, you played frost mage/disc mana microwave combo in WOTLK?

No, it's not awesome that a random 5man drops absurdly high loot. Not because I care what other people get, but because it invalidates harder content to some extent. Replacing mythic raid gear with a 5man drop isn't "cool", it feels stupid. It also fucks up DPS ranks because some people got lucky with high ilevel trinkets/gear in general.

Yes, the problem is that the people I'm competing with got lucky with better legendaries(luckily my spec isn't hugely affected by legendaries, but it still makes a difference) and that they're wasting potential set bonuses on legendaries(which has ended up with a 2set that's a DPS loss and a 4set that's only a DPS gain if you ignore its existence). They also heavily lock you into one spec.

Yes, the artifact system is awful because it hinders playing offspecs/alts much more than any previous expansion, as well as heavily encouraging grinding mindlessly to maximize AP(and if you don't, you're once again at a disadvantage compared to those who do)

WQs are fine. Repetitive and boring, but better than dailies at least.

That on top of a bunch of other issues like gutting multiple super fun specs(some new good ones created in the process, sure, but I'd rather not take that gamble when fun specs already existed) and the camera change, as well as a bunch of stupid mid-tier boss changes(Elerethe to a minor degree, definitely Il'gynoth and Guarm). There's lots of good stuff in Legion too, like a lot of the spell effects(art team in general is really good, and has been for a long time), good environments/dungeons and good bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    To all the people who whine about rdm ilvl soket tertiary loot. Do you prefer to have a marked ilvl and loot table everywhere? Ok so...

Normals, heroics and mythic dungeons become outdated content the first week as you get better gear than the base ilvl you have there very fast. No reason to run them AT ALL. A friend needs to gear an alt? No sorry I sure wont get any upgrade there.

World content. If item lvl is set for recent dinged 110... gg. I complete them once during the first hour of being 110 and forget about them ALL THE EXPANSION. If set higher, it will make ALL THE OTHER LOWER ILVL CONTENT outdated as soon as you reach it.

Hey tonight we have a farm run in EN HC to gear some off specs we need for mythic, do you come to help? Ummm no sorry I have to do something else than playing a full raid with NO POSSIBLE upgrades, screw you.

Need a tank for a M7 dungeon, do you come? No sorry I only get upgrades in M15+ not interested to go with you (or any other group in the LFG tool who is looking for a tank, longer ques weeee!)

Really, I don't see the advantages of set loot.

Legendaries can be a different history if you are in the very top guilds on your region and the competence is so savage you really need them. If not, you just are a wanabe who cant understand that no legendaries are needed to complet the countent and hope to hide your lack of skill behind some orange itms.
    Can still have the world content scale(within reason, so maybe a bit higher than it is currently as the max baseline), just not randomly also increase by a massive amount of ilevels for absolutely no reason.
    Having loot drop at set ilevels means you can actually realistically be "done" with farm, which is not a bad thing by any means. It means you can chill a bit, not fully clear every week(or bring in a few alts to gear those up). It also makes the items "feel" better, because you know you won't replace them, which makes them special. Knowing that the item I got might get replaced with some random WQ item tomorrow has really killed a lot of the "coolness" of getting gear for me.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legion is decent but it has way to much busy work that it requires you to do to stay relevant. If it was just grind ap or just grind mythic+ or WQ it would be fine but it requires you to do it all. In every past expansion you had a bunch of grinding to do but after the first about month you would be able to just log in and raid or pvp or whatever you wanted to do. In legion though you have that normal grind and have to continue doing it all forever unless you are one of those lucky people blessed with bis legendaries off the bat and the willpower to plow through mythic+ till your eyes bleed and get 35+ traits in your artifact. They are buffing the AK catch up next patch to help with the ap problem. If we had any way to work towards the legendaries we want though that would immediately improve my opinion of the expansion.

Deleted
    Legion is by far the best expansion ever - as much as it also is the most alt friendly expansion.

/thread