Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Insomnia is surrounded by the sea...
    That's a fair point but where we fight in game you don't actually see any of the sea, or if you do I didn't notice it at all, so I don't really think of it the same way as being in the Gualdin Quay area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Regardless of what Tech614 says, the parameters for summoning are known.
    Within a certain margin of error and with some wiggle room beyond what the strategy guide has listed.

Which means, when Tech614 said they weren't 100% locked down...they were right, though they didn't elaborate.

Honestly, it looks like you just picked an internet fight (with someone I thought you had on ignore?) over them basically saying the same thing as everyone else, that we know the overall parameters but it's not all 100% locked down...

After all, we don't know the percent change of a summon based on various conditions, nor how much the factors that influence getting say Shiva or Titan in an area where you can also get Ramuh impact which one is going to actually show. To have the parameters 100% locked down (which is what they mentioned...not just known but 100% known) that's the kind of information you'd have to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh that's good to know, in that case I think my game just knows I want Shiva the most and is being a jerk About Leviathan though I did see a video on YouTube where someone summoned him during the last fight in Insomnia so I think the needing to be near water part is probably less important than Noctis needs to be in trouble a bunch.
    From what I know, any of the summons can be called upon during Chapter 14 "because endgame". It seems to be an exception for some reason. Also, Insomnia is surrounded by the ocean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Within a certain margin of error and with some wiggle room beyond what the strategy guide has listed.

Which means, when Tech614 said they weren't 100% locked down...they were right, though they didn't elaborate.

Honestly, it looks like you just picked an internet fight (with someone I thought you had on ignore?) over them basically saying the same thing as everyone else, that we know the overall parameters but it's not all 100% locked down...

After all, we don't know the percent change of a summon based on various conditions, nor how much the factors that influence getting say Shiva or Titan in an area where you can also get Ramuh impact which one is going to actually show. To have the parameters 100% locked down (which is what they mentioned...not just known but 100% known) that's the kind of information you'd have to have.
    I responded because he was giving false information to someone asking a legitimate question. Simple as that.

And we DO know how and when each summon can be called upon. Each one has specific criteria for appearing, which I have already listed twice now in this very thread. The only "variance" that can occur is if you meet more than one criteria for multiple summons at around roughly the same time. Party members being down while at the same time having the battle drag on for a certain length of time can allow either Titan or Ramuh to be summoned becaus the criteria for both have been met.

Most people claiming that they get summons at random are merely not paying attention to everything happening in the battle when the summon prompt appears. I've seen several people get the Leviathan prompt, but her them say Noctis was never in the Danger state, when in reality he may have entered it for a brief second or two (which can be all that's needed) and then he was immediately picked back up by a team member (which I've seen happen). They then act like they got Leviathan at random, even though the actual criteria was met for the summon without them realizing it.

This isn't some random, unknown thing. They have a checklist of stuff that has to be met in order for something to occur. People like you acting like it's all random because "reasons" is not proof of anything else. You're just simply ignoring the facts.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-23 at 06:25 PM.

This isn't some random, unknown thing. They have a checklist of stuff that has to be met in order for something to occur. People like you acting like it's all random because "reasons" is not proof of anything else. You're just simply ignoring the facts.
    Neither Tech614 nor myself said it was some random, unknown thing, nor did we act like it's all random. You're as off base on that right now as Tech614 was previously about Naglfar and the weapon from the movie.

Which is even funnier right now cause you two basically said the same thing regarding summons (emphasis mine):

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not random but the parameters that lead up to a summon are not something anyone has been able to 100% lockdown yet.

1) Environment is a factor in certain summons
    2) Fights generally lasting long typically leads to a summon
    3) Team mates in danger can lead to a summon
    4) Noct in danger can lead to a summon
    Now yours (again, emphasis mine):

The summons all have specific requirements in order to be summoned at all (except for the few times in the main campaign where they are summoned as part of the narrative). Stuff like Noctis' health being low, the battle going on for a certain amount of time, a party member being downed, etc, etc.

Ramuh: Can be summoned anywhere, even in dungeons. He is more likely to be summoned the longer the battles goes on.

Titan: Can be summoned in wide, open air locations. The more of your allies that fall in battle, the more likely he is to be summoned.

Leviathan: Can be summoned while near large bodies of water. She can only manifest while Noctis is in the Danger state. The longer he is in this state, the more likely she is to appear.

Shiva: Can be summoned almost anywhere. Her tendency to help you is a combination of the summon probabilities of the other Astrals

Bahamut: Can only be summoned once. It is a scripted summon that is part of the main story line.
    Yours had more information, clearly...yet you both basically said the same damn thing. Hell, even your original post about summons describes the situations as "most likely" or "more likely" which leaves room for variables and variations and for the whole system to not be 100% locked down.

And you decided to pick an argument with Tech614 over it.

Hilarious.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-12-23 at 07:26 PM.

Tech and Zephyr are like an old married couple that keep interrupting each others stories to fact check and they both end up yelling so no one hears the story.

Didnt the story of bromance of prompto and noctis teach you anything? Oh wait not really because it was pretty ham fisted in and didnt really go anywhere other than a awkward prompto reveal that is dismissed as quick as you learn it, but maybe behide the DLC packs it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Neither Tech614 nor myself said it was some random, unknown thing, nor did we act like it's all random. You're as off base on that right now as Tech614 was previously about Naglfar and the weapon from the movie.

Which is even funnier right now cause you two basically said the same thing regarding summons (emphasis mine):

Now yours (again, emphasis mine):

Yours had more information, clearly...yet you both basically said the same damn thing. Hell, even your original post about summons describes the situations as "most likely" or "more likely" which leaves room for variables and variations and for the whole system to not be 100% locked down.

And you decided to pick an argument with Tech614 over it.

Hilarious.
    Eh, he started it, I've just been correcting him along the way on just about everything he's said (because he's been wrong on most of it).

The point is, the parameters for summoning are not nearly as variable as Tech likes to think they are. You meet the criteria for the summon, and the game gives a chance at that summon happening. The longer the criteria is met, the more likely the summon prompt is to appear. End of story. There are no unknowns like some people seem to think there are. Otherwise that would make for an even shittier summon system than what we were given.

Most of the "unknowns" are simply people not understanding the system, or they simply aren't paying attention to the specific details while they're occurring.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-24 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ummm wtf did I just watch.

That's the kind of shit nightmares are made of.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm wtf did I just watch.

That's the kind of shit nightmares are made of.
    Just think of how much food that many Ignis' could cook though :P

Naruto crossover confirmed.

Just think of how much food that many Ignis' could cook though :P
    OMG just think of him saying that line that many times.....

/Commits Seppuku

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Naruto crossover confirmed.
    Believe it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat it about two weeks ago at level 65 or so. Continued up to about level 82 and did some bonus stuff then got tired of it.
    I enjoyed the game overall but there were some glaring issues. Namely the storyline in the second half of the game, it moves way to fast and you skip over huge stretches of the world but also somehow manages to have some atrociously boring parts. Characters just disappearing, never to be seen from again. Lots of recycled boring fetch quests, seemed very WoW circa 2004-2006. I also didn't like how they have glowing dots to represent interactive items and treasure, seemed cheap.
    7.5 out of 10.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-12-24 at 02:39 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Only need to max out survival and cooking to get platinum just been really lazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Only need to max out survival and cooking to get platinum just been really lazy lol.
    Yeah, those were the last two achievements I had to get as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    At what level could i confortably do Adamantoise?

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    At what level could i confortably do Adamantoise?
    Well it's not a hard fight so level isn't an issue it just takes longer to kill it. If you're doing the 10 minute strat I think you need to be around 80 if not higher since you need to have high strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just watched the movie, overall not terrible, but it suffers from trying to do too much in too little time.

Also why the fuck is Ultros there.

So, just watched the movie, overall not terrible, but it suffers from trying to do too much in too little time.

Also why the fuck is Ultros there.
    There is a lot of cameos in the kingsglave movie.

1) Diamond Weapon from FF7
    2) Ultros
    3) IMO the last fight has Knights of Round in it, I could be wrong about this since not all of them was in it.

and many others.

Hell this link just points out the ones that's in the trailer lol.
    http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/new...sy-xv-trailer/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-25 at 01:09 PM.

Omg, It's a army of Ignis!! AHHHHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Omg, It's a army of Ignis!! AHHHHHHH

[img]http://www.drodd.com/images10/excited-gif6.gif[/mg]
    They patched it, and I'm not going to go through the game in patch 1.00 again to mess around with it.
    Though, yay disc so I can actually do that if I ever want to.