Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you thunk they are done with a mage?

Not sure it was really needed to create a new thread, but still. Several PTR builds and we are yet to see any changed to a mage after pyro\fb\fblast\etc numbers tuning. Do you think they are done? They buffed the damage of our abilities, nerfed burst damage, and probably they see that a mage is ok. (by THEY I obviously mean Blizzard)

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope not. I love fire. I have not run the testing numbers/done full blown research due to holiday crazyness @ work, but i will not be happy if an optimally fire mage cannot compete with that of an arcane mage.

Fire is lyfe, and arcane is poop.

Don't wanna go back to HFC even though we were gods of dps. so blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Design wise yes. Number wise, they are tuning via those auras so it is still all to play for. Besides, CM got a buff today on the PTR so we are moving up. This is a big patch for us, we won't get as much attention in 7.2. I think Warlocks are due attention that patch and I plan to conduct myself with dignity while they get.

You know, by not swarming into their threads whining about the emphasis they are receiving. It'll be classy of me.

Wowhead listed Critical mass change from 10% up to 15% in the last ptr build.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Wowhead listed Critical mass change from 10% up to 15% in the last ptr build.
    Yeah I don't know why MMO-C doesn't have that listed because it's on the PTR now.

These changes aren't final with these new "auras"

Now they have a tuning knob for each class to hotfix in or for later patches.

They are pretty much final. Don't see anymore changes happening. The background down-loader is out which means MOST likely the patch is on the 3rd of January since 7.1.5 and Nighthold and separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah I don't know why MMO-C doesn't have that listed because it's on the PTR now.

Oh, this is really great! Time to do some PTR testing!

I still hope fire gets ice floes back. I'd trade i for some base dmg numbers any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I still hope fire gets ice floes back. I'd trade i for some base dmg numbers any day.
    We probably aren't at this stage. They want fire mages to use scorch for mobility purposes. Besides, the only impact the loss of ice floes really has on Fire was on those Mages lucky enough to have the bracers who will now have to stand still and hard cast it. It was a great talent but the truth is, with a scorch spell that allows us to maintain our rotation on the move, the loss of ice floes is far from crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    We probably aren't at this stage. They want fire mages to use scorch for mobility purposes. Besides, the only impact the loss of ice floes really has on Fire was on those Mages lucky enough to have the bracers who will now have to stand still and hard cast it. It was a great talent but the truth is, with a scorch spell that allows us to maintain our rotation on the move, the loss of ice floes is far from crippling.
    Not 'crippling', it's not about the numbers to me, but it was a 'fun' mechanic. As for bracers I guess we'll switch in bracers depending on the predictability, directionality (shimmer) and frequency of movement in fights.

People need to take a step back and realize what the actual problems are.

As of right now, and this can very easily change, Fire is actually stronger than on live, however the playstyle is completely and utterly fucked beyond belief, so it has to be changed and it most certainly will be hotfixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    People need to take a step back and realize what the actual problems are.

As of right now, and this can very easily change, Fire is actually stronger than on live, however the playstyle is completely and utterly fucked beyond belief, so it has to be changed and it most certainly will be hotfixed.
    Care to elaborate? What's different about the plays style and how are we stronger?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Care to elaborate? What's different about the plays style and how are we stronger?
    fire mages dont die in 7 sec anymore like losers they die in 9 sec with pride and glory

Spamming Flamestike (yes hardcasting) with Flame Patch with full haste is producing by far the highest numbers right now, it has been simmed and tested in play on the PTR.

Even if you ignore that, things like MI being the best on ST, Kindling being awful, etc, a lot of people aren't aware of this.

Deleted
    Spamming Flamestike (yes hardcasting) with Flame Patch with full haste is producing by far the highest numbers right now, it has been simmed and tested in play on the PTR.

Even if you ignore that, things like MI being the best on ST, Kindling being awful, etc, a lot of people aren't aware of this.
    So you're telling me FS spam with FP is the best ST rotation now? I find this hard to believe; it would make anyone related to the rebalancing of mages look like complete and utter idiots. Do you have a link to the sims showing this? If mirror image actually beats rune of power I'd be happy though.

What makes kindling 'awful' on ptr?

Dont worry if its true blizz is gonna come to your rescue and nerf fs and fp by 50% each

So you're telling me FS spam with FP is the best ST rotation now? I find this hard to believe; it would make anyone related to the rebalancing of mages look like complete and utter idiots. Do you have a link to the sims showing this? If mirror image actually beats rune of power I'd be happy though.

What makes kindling 'awful' on ptr?
    http://pastebin.com/xUXEyHAq / http://i.imgur.com/aClNlt3.png

Check Discord for discussion on this, I'm not making it up, FS scales like nuts now so it's not that surprising.

Kindling is just behind CiS and Meteor now, don't get why that is so hard to believe.

Just check Discord, it's really not that well hidden.

http://pastebin.com/xUXEyHAq / http://i.imgur.com/aClNlt3.png

Check Discord for discussion on this, I'm not making it up, FS scales like nuts now so it's not that surprising.

Kindling is just behind CiS and Meteor now, don't get why that is so hard to believe.

Just check Discord, it's really not that well hidden.
    You're talking single target right? To stop doing single target stuff and spam an aoe ability?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    You're talking single target right? To stop doing single target stuff and spam an aoe ability?
    Yes, this is single target.