Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WW monk buffed :O

8% buff + xuen getting buffed. That is pretty good tbh. A lot of good specs have been nerfed, but we have become buffed? (excluding serenity, which hopefully they come up with a fix for SEF or it gets buffed). I mean, thats pretty sweet tbh. Anyone tested Xuen yet to see if its actually worth picking?

Yes. Xuen just got buffed by *6 (100% -> 600%). On live it does ~1m damage per CD, on ptr it is ~6m.

Right now that talent row might be interesting going into 7.1.5.

RJW can stack cranes now, meaning you might want to use it during heavy aoe fights.
    Xuen just got buffed so much that it would almost always be the right choice in shorter fights and 3 target-ish cleave fights.
    Hit Combo should still be the go to for any other kinds of fights.

Deleted
    The buffs look good so far but after reading Babylonius' analysis on walkingthewind i have 2 questions:

1. Are RsK, BoK and TP buffed by 8% or 16%? Read the last post on the forum and you'll know what i am talking about. Fingers crossed it's 16%.
    2. Is Serenity still murdered in 7.1.5 or will it continue to work as it is in the game at the moment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyskaar View Post
    The buffs look good so far but after reading Babylonius' analysis on walkingthewind i have 2 questions:

1. Are RsK, BoK and TP buffed by 8% or 16%? Read the last post on the forum and you'll know what i am talking about. Fingers crossed it's 16%.
    2. Is Serenity still murdered in 7.1.5 or will it continue to work as it is in the game at the moment?
    1. RSK, BoK, and TP are buffed by 16.64% (1.08 * 1.08); everything else is by 8%. Keep in mind the initial 4% buff is to compensate for the removal of 5% of the baseline Crit that Blizzard took away from all Agi classes.
    2. it hasn't changed back. BUT!!!! If SEF is fixed (which I am starting to hear reports that it might) then Serenity and WDP should be about even in damage.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2016-12-24 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted

Question

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Yes. Xuen just got buffed by *6 (100% -> 600%). On live it does ~1m damage per CD, on ptr it is ~6m.

Right now that talent row might be interesting going into 7.1.5.

RJW can stack cranes now, meaning you might want to use it during heavy aoe fights.
    Xuen just got buffed so much that it would almost always be the right choice in shorter fights and 3 target-ish cleave fights.
    Hit Combo should still be the go to for any other kinds of fights.
    I would say that this is a very wrong choice to make from blizz because buffing up something that is so no brainer as 3 min CD and after 45 sec u will have -16% dmg because there will be no more hit combo if u take xuen. For me it is fail. First of all Hit Combo talent is a joke because it is like mastery, in tier set we will get again something like flat +dmg from mastery as a hit combo... looks like blizz loves the idea about mastery so they put it in everything about monk not so creative in my opinion.

I'n my opinion WW is ok from gameplay perspective - can be challenging to master it - the problem is just how it scales with a gear and Storm Earth and Fire. So most of the time just dmg% problems. I'm not fun of Xuen buff coz it is 3 min CD, if that would be *3 buff but with 1min30sec CD it would be better in my opinion. Monks are already good in burst/AoE dmg - we need more single/consist dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    1. RSK, BoK, and TP are buffed by 16.64% (1.08 * 1.08); everything else is by 8%. Keep in mind the initial 4% buff is to compensate for the removal of 5% of the baseline Crit that Blizzard took away from all Agi classes.
    2. it hasn't changed back. BUT!!!! If SEF is fixed (which I am starting to hear reports that it might) then Serenity and WDP should be about even in damage.
    So far from what I've heard I'll take what they are doing, It would make my new years if they would fix SEF, I've got drinking horn and love the SEF/WDP playstyle, fun as hell and fluid as can be. Hate being forced to go with serenity which is clunky, and overall just not fun to play. If they can get them close and give us an option on Xuen ( that we can take if we want) then that's choices and something we've not often had.

Quote Originally Posted by kamgrus View Post
    I would say that this is a very wrong choice to make from blizz because buffing up something that is so no brainer as 3 min CD and after 45 sec u will have -16% dmg because there will be no more hit combo if u take xuen. For me it is fail. First of all Hit Combo talent is a joke because it is like mastery, in tier set we will get again something like flat +dmg from mastery as a hit combo... looks like blizz loves the idea about mastery so they put it in everything about monk not so creative in my opinion.

I'n my opinion WW is ok from gameplay perspective - can be challenging to master it - the problem is just how it scales with a gear and Storm Earth and Fire. So most of the time just dmg% problems. I'm not fun of Xuen buff coz it is 3 min CD, if that would be *3 buff but with 1min30sec CD it would be better in my opinion. Monks are already good in burst/AoE dmg - we need more single/consist dmg.
    Then stick with Hit Combo. This change is welcomed because it gives you an option to play with.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Current sims still show us as being pretty much last

Serenity feels so awkward to use on PTR, they really need to decrease the CD a bit so we can line it up with SotW

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Current sims still show us as being pretty much last
    Strong possibility that A) WW sims are still not optimized or anything close to it, and B) recent changes haven't been fully implemented yet because of the holiday weekend.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

I'm half expecting there to be some fairly last minute changes coming depending on SEaF getting fixed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    Strong possibility that A) WW sims are still not optimized or anything close to it, and B) recent changes haven't been fully implemented yet because of the holiday weekend.
    Don't think you need accurate simulations to tell WWs are still behind when it comes to ST damage. We lose about %6 damage between serenity, stat and crit nerfs while we gain about %10 overall damage increase. This is just a too minor buff and definitely not enough to make us competitive with top ST specs. Also the scaling issues remain since we don't have those crazy interactions between our stats, talents, spells and legendaries which make some specs scale exponentially.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokero View Post
    Don't think you need accurate simulations to tell WWs are still behind when it comes to ST damage. We lose about %6 damage between serenity, stat and crit nerfs while we gain about %10 overall damage increase. This is just a too minor buff and definitely not enough to make us competitive with top ST specs. Also the scaling issues remain since we don't have those crazy interactions between our stats, talents, spells and legendaries which make some specs scale exponentially.
    Unless you know the net gain/loss of all the other specs, its impossible to say whether our damage increases are enough to make us competitive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Unless you know the net gain/loss of all the other specs, its impossible to say whether our damage increases are enough to make us competitive.
    Helps to have proper legendaries for the spec, Pandanaconda got 2 BiS ones as his first two. He was #3 on our Guarm and Helya kills. WW is not bad, it's just the scaling that might come and bite them in the ass later on in Nighthold(farm) and ToS in a later patch, but we have to see what happens. Nighthold is looking fine for now.

Plus, other than ST, WW wrecks at Cleave/AoE, which makes them really good for those types of fights(such as Helya).

I'm curious to c how things turn out. Will ww be the same strength relative to the other dps b/c of their poor scaling? Or will they actually be doing better compared to the other dps? Should be interesting, I feel ww has one of the more interesting rotations.

Pure ST isn't all there is, but it is true WW isn't really shining even in EN, a raid with no true pure ST fight (even Nythendra has cleave on CMs). I don't think WW needs to rival specs like Assassination or Arms as it does significantly better in AoE - and is thus much more valuable in mythic + -, but rather it should aim to match a more comparable spec such as Frost DK.

Fascinating.... I hope our AoE/cleave doesn't end up in the sort of spot that lands us with a nasty hit with the nerf bat. Correct me if I'm wrong - I end up tanking instead of DPSing, even if WW is where my heart is - but didn't we really just need a narrowing of the disparity between multi-target and single?

There is nothing special about WW cleave as there are a number of other classes that overall cleave better, it is AoE where WW is strong but not strongest.

WW needs love it's as simple as that and I don't think much is changing with NH. That said WW has historically been towards the bottom of the charts generally so it should be no surprise that nothing has changed.

Deleted
    as far as I know every class got buffed >8% only ww got buffed 4% so it's a nerf. and a hard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    as far as I know every class got buffed >8% only ww got buffed 4% so it's a nerf. and a hard one.
    WW "got" 8 % buff to all skills + next 8% to RSK/BK/TP (around 3% overall dmg). So its like 8% aoe / 11% single target dmg boost.
    But its still PTR and everything may change.
    Sorry for my english.