Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Surely Blizzard isn’t expecting 7.1.5 to last for more than a fortnight, especially for non-raiders?
    Well, I mean it is a minor patch release. The version kinda gives it away a bit if you look closely. So I'm quite sure it's not meant to last.

OP better be at least 885+ or else I'll assume they just log in to do emissary cache, and then call it a day because they have "nothing to do."

There's a reason why X.Y patches are called content patches and why X.Y.Z patches are not.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to it. as much as I can complain about blizz. ( the legendary thing irks me but meh I'm retired)

we've had cool little surimar storyline patches all along. I'm enjoying the buildup to nighthold, ( EN blew I only bothered to raid it a few times casually, and TOV I've blown off there just isn't any gear to make it worth raiding and learning Helya with a pick up group to cause me to give a care, I'll prob do it on heroic or Mythic once my guild has it on alt/farm status.)

Nighthold though... looks to be cool. It's the first real raid of the xpack. EN and TOV are filler trash.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It sounds like the OP doesn't understand how patches versus expansions work these days...

Also, three raids (A total of 18 bosses) in one patch numeral is really good.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    When you look at the list of features coming for 7.1.5, it does look exhausting. But once you actually break it down, you notice that there really isn’t anything substantive, and the one big feature (Nighthold) was just launch content gated for almost half a year since launch, and was tested about a year ago:

1. Nighthold raid – Delayed launch content
    2. Brawler’s Guild – Delayed launch content
    3. Balance changes – Should have been sorted during the beta
    4. Legendary fixes – Never should have made it live as is
    5. MoP Timewalking – Old content once every 2 months

Surely Blizzard isn’t expecting 7.1.5 to last for more than a fortnight, especially for non-raiders? With 7.2 still months away after that, the horizon is looking very grim for Legion. The most disappointing part of all this is that we've been waiting almost 3 months for this patch. I think 7.1.5 is setting up to be the 6.1 of Legion (which also happened to coincide with Blackrock Foundry's release).
    They said 7.1.5. would be a minor patch. Don't make them say what it is not .

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Whats really coming with 7.1.5?

More pointless complaining.
    Close the thread we have a winner.

When you look at the list of features coming for 7.1.5, it does look exhausting. But once you actually break it down, you notice that there really isn’t anything substantive, and the one big feature (Nighthold) was just launch content gated for almost half a year since launch, and was tested about a year ago:

Surely Blizzard isn’t expecting 7.1.5 to last for more than a fortnight, especially for non-raiders? With 7.2 still months away after that, the horizon is looking very grim for Legion. The most disappointing part of all this is that we've been waiting almost 3 months for this patch. I think 7.1.5 is setting up to be the 6.1 of Legion (which also happened to coincide with Blackrock Foundry's release).
    Are you just going to whine about every single fucking thing every day? Enough with these threads already.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well other games manage to offer content for EVERYBODY not just raiders. Unless you raid regular you're stuck farming alts till 7.2
    please name them. The only other thing they can offer is PvP.

We have to wait for more content to be developed and tested before it's ready to be released to the public?

Wowwwww duuuuude life is terribleee
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    it offers enough

and its not the last patch

or maybe FF14 rolls out a full new zone and dungeon every month ?
    Honestly FF14 and WoW offer their fair share of content imo. WoW seems to be taking a page out of FF14s idea of pacing which is a good thing imo. Never really cared for the argument of FF14 vs WoW personally. I play FF14 period. Is it better than WoW for me? Yes in my opinion. Does that mean I should suddenly shit on WoW? Does it bollocks. Both games are amazing for what they are.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-23 at 11:17 PM.

whats really comin with patch 7.1.5 ?

easy question.

tears. a LOT of tears. when ppl see which of all that halfbaked class changes go live, like they are

ther will be... forum tears, millions of liters of forum tears. as is said: easy question.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-12-23 at 11:22 PM.

The WoW Panel at Blizzcon broke patches into three sets.

Big Patches, which are 7.0, 7.2, 7.4
    Medium Patches which are 7.1, 7.3, 7.5
    Small patches which are 7.1.5, 7.2.5, etc

Big patches will contain things like big raids, revamps, dungeons, zones, etc
    Medium Patches will contain storylines, small raids, dungeons, etc
    Small patches (which is the new style of patch) will contain things like Balancing, Brawler's Guild, Holidays, Weekly events (timewalking), etc

Expecting anything big with 7.1.5 contradicts what Blizzard laid out at Blizzcon. 7.2 has been teased and will contain a fairly large amount of stuff to do, and 7.3 appears to be Argus related, and 7.4 being an Argus raid.

The idea here is that 7.1.5 would usually have just come out with either 7.1 or 7.2. But they have this stuff all done, so why not make a small patch and push it out? The example Ion gave was, in the past, they've delayed new zones, dungeons, quest, content, etc, to finish up a raid.

Look back to WotLK when every 3.X patch was a raid.
    They could've broken it up into:
    3.0 - Launch
    3.1 - Argent Tournament
    3.1.5 - Dual Spec
    3.2 - Ulduar/class changes
    3.2.5 - Isle of Conquest
    3.3 - ToC
    3.3.5 - LFG & ICC dungeons
    3.4 - ICC
    3.4.5 - ICC Nerfs/balancing
    3.5 - Ruby Sanctum

That's more or less all of WotLK in 10 patches, instead of 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3. They could also space these patches out better so instead of a new patch every 6~ months, they can pace them every 2-3 months.

I think Blizzard is trying to do what I kind of outlined WotLK could have looked like.
    7.0 - Launch
    7.1 - ToV/Kara
    7.1.5 - Brawler's Guild, Balancing, MoP Timewalking
    7.2 - Tomb of Sargeras, New Hub, New Dungeon, Class Mounts
    7.2.5 - Arena Revamp, BG update
    7.3 - Argus zone/quest hub
    7.3.5 - Some more minor changes, maybe more mini holidays, another AH update, interfaces, maybe a new minor system?
    7.4 - Argus raid
    7.4.5 - Argus nerfs/balancing/more legendary slots, etc
    7.5 - Mini Argus raid/lead into next xpac
    8.0 - Murloc Xpac launches (you heard it here first)
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2016-12-23 at 11:31 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You don't really need to have rushed to be sitting on a lvl 110 for months now. My main has been 850 since October now I only log him for AK. I usually just alt now, get a character to 110, finish class campaign, get to ilvl 830 then rinse repeat. Currently on alt number 5. I'm preparing all my characters for 7.2 but unfortunately it's not the most exciting
    Yeah, I mean it takes less than 10 hours to hit 110 from 100 and ilv 855 you can manage with crafting and WQs in less than a week. If that is your goal then I guess you don't have to rush, but you have only scratched the surface of things to do and have very little to complain about as far as content goes. You doing M+ have you finished KZ? Done any pvp? Who cares about the meat and potatoes of 7.2 if you're still doing 7.1.

I have friends irl and in game who were doing CoS and arcway before I was even rev'd with NF, I am casual, my main has only done +6 and is ilv 873 with 2 legs, starting my 5th alt today and honestly I can't keep up with the alts I have now - meaning I rarely do WQ's or WB's, once in a while I tank, or heal for someone.

I can however imagine how boring the game would be if you have pushed through all the raids on heroic+, are running countless M+'s for legs. I've actually really enjoyed this expansions content so far, more is always nice, but you don't need it if you have work / life balance.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    please name them. The only other thing they can offer is PvP.
    I already said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Yeah, I mean it takes less than 10 hours to hit 110 from 100 and ilv 855 you can manage with crafting and WQs in less than a week. If that is your goal then I guess you don't have to rush, but you have only scratched the surface of things to do and have very little to complain about as far as content goes. You doing M+ have you finished KZ? Done any pvp? Who cares about the meat and potatoes of 7.2 if you're still doing 7.1.

I have friends irl and in game who were doing CoS and arcway before I was even rev'd with NF, I am casual, my main has only done +6 and is ilv 873 with 2 legs, starting my 5th alt today and honestly I can't keep up with the alts I have now - meaning I rarely do WQ's or WB's, once in a while I tank, or heal for someone.

I can however imagine how boring the game would be if you have pushed through all the raids on heroic+, are running countless M+'s for legs. I've actually really enjoyed this expansions content so far, more is always nice, but you don't need it if you have work / life balance.
    Mythics and Raids don't really interest once I do them once. Prior to Legion I ran them for weapon and armour appearances however Legion is lacking in that department so as I say unless you're a raider 7.1.5 offers little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure theres new WQ's. And micro-holidays help with the, "bigger world feels really small" because of actually going to zones you havent been to in a while to do something.

One is in zangarmarsh which is neat.

Let's remember the .5s are small patches, it's not meant to be tons of major new content.

Also, they said 7.2 will be on ptr VERY SHORTLY after 7.1.5...so

I'd say we'll have our hands on 7.2 in 3-4 months tops, along with the new raid tomb of sargeras probably in 6 months since they'll prob delay it 8-10 weeks like they said they would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Pretty sure theres new WQ's. And micro-holidays help with the, "bigger world feels really small" because of actually going to zones you havent been to in a while to do something.

One is in zangarmarsh which is neat.

Let's remember the .5s are small patches, it's not meant to be tons of major new content.

Also, they said 7.2 will be on ptr VERY SHORTLY after 7.1.5...so

I'd say we'll have our hands on 7.2 in 3-4 months tops, along with the new raid tomb of sargeras probably in 6 months since they'll prob delay it 8-10 weeks like they said they would.
    Granted I like the micro holidays but don't they only last 1-2 days a year? As for WQs well do we really need more?

7.1.5 does not include Nighthold. Nighthold is already in the game, part of the current patch and set to open on Jan 17.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...e-date/#post24

7.1.5 is a minor patch, not a major content patch
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-12-24 at 07:34 PM.

You actually think every class should have been perfectly balanced in beta? When in the history of any MMO or even competitive game has that been the case?

Jesus christ

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    You actually think every class should have been perfectly balanced in beta? When in the history of any MMO or even competitive game has that been the case?

Jesus christ

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    On the flip side when has an MMO ever had a level headed player base? If they did balance things better people would still complain. LOL