Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I gotta say, his kit doesn't actually look especially exciting to me. That said, I'm glad he's finally added, and that we finally got a troll in HotS beyond the ones you sometimes get on your team in QM.
    Im curious now how may Carine Bloodhoof look when he will come to Nexus. I kinda imagne him from Warcraft 3 look using totems instead of Axe as weapon, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Is it really such big deal?

To be honest I find his axe throwing self more iconic to nation of Forest Trolls, the classic design was used in every game since Warcraft II. The WoW design represents for me a fall of Amani and I am happier they show him in his glory. Also not using his newest iteration, they created a space for future Troll character with magical powers.

I also think HotS is trying to bring back glory moments of their past games rather than portrait characters with their latest design. Just look at Diablo, Illidan, Cho'gall, Jaina and Thrall.
    No I was saying "Years does change the world don't they?" As a good thing... <3
    Really like seeing on how much changed after so long. :L

Really hoping he has a Overwatch skin or something different soon.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sick model

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Im curious now how may Carine Bloodhoof look when he will come to Nexus. I kinda imagne him from Warcraft 3 look using totems instead of Axe as weapon, but who knows.
    Cairne had axe in Warcraft III, he only had his totem on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    No I was saying "Years does change the world don't they?" As a good thing... <3
    Really like seeing on how much changed after so long. :L
    Ah, sorry then. Internet twisted me.

Yeah, evolution is interesting to see. I like they bring back a lot of classic iterations into HotS as a lot of people forget what made the current games great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Cairne had axe in Warcraft III, he only had his totem on his back.

Ah, sorry then. Internet twisted me.

Yeah, evolution is interesting to see. I like they bring back a lot of classic iterations into HotS as a lot of people forget what made the current games great.
    Yeah sorry if it sounded like it wasn't suppose too.
    Looking forward to what colour skins Zul'jin is gonna have...
    Honestly still have mix feelings for Heroes of the Storm and it lasted very well for me, but it's kinda losing it's charm.

I could see them put Cairne in the game;

For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say that after taking a look at Zul'jin, he will need three things to be really viable.

1: At least 130 baseline dps.
    2: Berserking must be spammable
    3: At least 1850 baseline HP.

As it stands, Zul'jin has no escape whatsoever, and his slow seems to require a target to be a certain distance from him. This means that he won't be able to escape from divers, or even your non-diving melee. His trait means that he does his damage at a cost of health, meaning that a Zul'jin in combat will generally be low health. Taz'Dingo helps to solve this (Guillotine will likely never be used except against stun -heavy comps). Essentially, Zul'jin will bring one thing, and ONLY one thing to teamfights - Damage. His sustain may not be high enough - Regen needs a low enough CD (15 seconds), and he needs to not have mana problems to be a strong constant presence on the battlefield.

So, complete lack of in-combat sustain, combined with most of his damage relying on him being low health - He needs a large enough HP pool that being at 50% in a team fight doesn't mean instant death. He needs enough baseline damage that a Zul'Jin at full health isn't an ignorabe target. And, finally, Berserking MUST be spammable - If its on a CD, it means that Zul'jin will be unable to make himself a real threat.

So, yea. If Zul'jin does have a very high HP pool for a ranged assassin (More then Tychus), and solid baseline damage (130), and Berserking is spammable (Threat if ignored), then he will be a solid assassin killer, a headhunter in other words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I have to say that after taking a look at Zul'jin, he will need three things to be really viable.

1: At least 130 baseline dps.
    2: Berserking must be spammable
    3: At least 1850 baseline HP.

As it stands, Zul'jin has no escape whatsoever, and his slow seems to require a target to be a certain distance from him. This means that he won't be able to escape from divers, or even your non-diving melee. His trait means that he does his damage at a cost of health, meaning that a Zul'jin in combat will generally be low health. Taz'Dingo helps to solve this (Guillotine will likely never be used except against stun -heavy comps). Essentially, Zul'jin will bring one thing, and ONLY one thing to teamfights - Damage. His sustain may not be high enough - Regen needs a low enough CD (15 seconds), and he needs to not have mana problems to be a strong constant presence on the battlefield.

So, complete lack of in-combat sustain, combined with most of his damage relying on him being low health - He needs a large enough HP pool that being at 50% in a team fight doesn't mean instant death. He needs enough baseline damage that a Zul'Jin at full health isn't an ignorabe target. And, finally, Berserking MUST be spammable - If its on a CD, it means that Zul'jin will be unable to make himself a real threat.

So, yea. If Zul'jin does have a very high HP pool for a ranged assassin (More then Tychus), and solid baseline damage (130), and Berserking is spammable (Threat if ignored), then he will be a solid assassin killer, a headhunter in other words.
    I was under the impression that Berserking would be a toggle, but that might not be the case. Agree with the rest for the most part though.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Horde!

Looks like Zul'jin is dropping this week!

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...hursday_in_eu/

10+ Year Old Account
    When it does he come out for US?
    That's for EU.
    For the Horde!

When it does he come out for US?
    That's for EU.
    There's a planned maintenance period Wednesday morning PST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a planned maintenance period Wednesday morning PST.
    This coming Wednesday?
    Don't they usually have it on the PTR or they want to change it up?
    For the Horde!

This coming Wednesday?
    Don't they usually have it on the PTR or they want to change it up?
    Holidays probably got a lot to do with the decision.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Years does change the world don't they?
    Raid thing for Zul'Aman Zul'jin;
    I've never actually noticed this before now, but he does not have tusks...did the elves take those aswell maybe?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Cairne's weapon was the Bloodtotem Runespear, if he ever ends up in HoTS, he'll most likely use that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgulon View Post
    I've never actually noticed this before now, but he does not have tusks...did the elves take those aswell maybe?
    Nah it's a Warcraft 2 thing. He didn't have tusks there either, but back then only the upgraded Troll Berserkers (which back then was a result of goblin alchemy) had tusks.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Cairne's weapon was the Bloodtotem Runespear, if he ever ends up in HoTS, he'll most likely use that.
    Yeah, but I can imagine the master skin gives him a Totem or something to hit stuff with if the spear animations isn't too spear...y

Nah it's a Warcraft 2 thing. He didn't have tusks there either, but back then only the upgraded Troll Berserkers (which back then was a result of goblin alchemy) had tusks.
    Ahhh. I see, didn't know. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This still annoys me to this day that all trolls are forced to have tusks. Tusks are clearly fel/demon/loa-infusion traits. WC3 made a lot of lazy lore fuckups. At least Burning Crusade intentionally fucked up the lore.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    This still annoys me to this day that all trolls are forced to have tusks. Tusks are clearly fel/demon/loa-infusion traits. WC3 made a lot of lazy lore fuckups. At least Burning Crusade intentionally fucked up the lore.
    Clearly it was a change that Blizzard wanted... A change they created 15 years ago, move on.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    I get what you are saying, and signs of Loa-infusion sounds very cool, but I personally really like the tusk element in Trolls, so I'm not sad about that retcon ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly it was a change that Blizzard wanted... A change they created 15 years ago, move on.
    No thanks.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.