Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Hardly, quite a lot of people can't play properly, not sure how this fact can be denied. Legendaries have their role for everyone equally, but they don't play your class for you.
    aye but their contribution to your dps is not equal tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    more like 15% on bosses like guarm
    on specs that struggle to hit the dmgreq per player thats a big deal
    its a big deal in general
    so true, ST dps shouldnt ever be a problem but if you're a destro lock, you might be in for some trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, Feretory of Souls is anywhere between 4 to 6% damage increase. Not more than that.

All these stories about insane legendaries and shit are grossly exaggerated. You fucking up stuff has much more severe impact than not having a decent legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I am genuinely curious where you took this 15% from... did you like make it up on spot?

It's really not 15% on bosses like Guarm.

No it's not, Feretory of Souls is anywhere between 4 to 6% damage increase. Not more than that.

All these stories about insane legendaries and shit are grossly exaggerated. You fucking up stuff has much more severe impact than not having a decent legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I am genuinely curious where you took this 15% from... did you like make it up on spot?
    5% from belt. Now go and check any Demobracer destrolog, check their dps while Spite is active and remove 1/4 of that from the total dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    5% from belt. Now go and check any Demobracer destrolog, check their dps while Spite is active and remove 1/4 of that from the total dmg.
    I am pretty sure the whole 3 warlocks in the world that have this combo enjoy it a lot.

Thing is you don't need this to do good, unlike what you are trying to claim.

I did 440k DPS on M Guarm progress kill just fine even without that. Don't pretend as if Destruction is unplayable without having both these things.

I am pretty sure the whole 3 warlocks in the world that have this combo enjoy it a lot.

Thing is you don't need this to do good, unlike what you are trying to claim.

I did 440k DPS on M Guarm progress kill just fine even without that. Don't pretend as if Destruction is unplayable without having both these things.
    theres 7 alone in the top 15 for guarm
    And what was the inital avg. dps needed again?430kdps? There are 4 non dps-legendary destro out of 500 parses that made it.
    I agree destro is fine for the most part, even with no legendarys, but suffering from it like most classes. But lets not pretend st is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what was the inital avg. dps needed again?430kdps? There are 4 non dps-legendary destro out of 500 parses that made it.
    I agree destro is fine for the most part, even with no legendarys, but suffering from it like most classes. But lets not pretend st is fine.
    No you don't need 430k DPS to down Guarm, especially not after the nerf and many of the top logs do not have this combo to begin with, so don't pretend as if it is somehow a must have, I did 443k DPS prenerf (currently 27th as Destruction there, on kill it was 8th) and now after nerf you have people approaching 500k simply because encounter got shorter.

Yes, Destruction ST is low, it's not some secret, but saying you NEED Feretory and Spite? Not really and especially not in 7.1.5 where Spite gets hammered and Feretory nerfed, while at the same time ST is buffed however small buff it may be.

15% are you high?

yes, so? remove your legendaries and then come tell stories about how good you are and how we are all shit

someone boasting about being top of dps meters in his raid just means he has the bis legendaries and others don't. it doesn't mean our class is fine, or that people need to learn to play or anything like that, it just means the legendary system is terrible.
    "HOW DARE YOU USE LEGENDARIES TO BEAT OTHER CLASSES THAT ARE ALSO USING LEGENDARIES. TAKE THEM OFF AND LOSE TO THEM TO PROVE MY POINT!! "

I can't believe people still think like this.

- - - Updated - - -

It has not been 430k for a while.

No you don't need 430k DPS to down Guarm, especially not after the nerf and many of the top logs do not have this combo to begin with, so don't pretend as if it is somehow a must have, I did 443k DPS prenerf (currently 27th as Destruction there, on kill it was 8th) and now after nerf you have people approaching 500k simply because encounter got shorter.

Yes, Destruction ST is low, it's not some secret, but saying you NEED Feretory and Spite? Not really and especially not in 7.1.5 where Spite gets hammered and Feretory nerfed, while at the same time ST is buffed however small buff it may be.
    I rather have a reworked legendarys system, but im glad they are nerfing legendarys, even tho demobracers are still gonna remain the best legendary for destro in alot of situations

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    15% are you high?
    its easy to check logs

"HOW DARE YOU USE LEGENDARIES TO BEAT OTHER CLASSES THAT ARE ALSO USING LEGENDARIES. TAKE THEM OFF AND LOSE TO THEM TO PROVE MY POINT!! "

I can't believe people still think like this.
    its actually a good challenge to prove everyone how unimportant legendarys are
    Last edited by Violetti; 2016-12-24 at 07:32 PM.

I rather have a reworked legendarys system, but im glad they are nerfing legendarys, even tho demobracers are still gonna remain the best legendary for destro in alot of situations

its easy to check logs

its actually a good challenge to prove everyone how unimportant legendarys are
    People know legendaries are important. The point is, by implying that his success comes from his legendaries is implying that the people he plays with do not benefit from their legendaries. It's a bad point. All DPS legendaries are not so far off from one another (and by that I mean the DPS legendaries that actually effect your output) to the point where they are the reason someone does well.. and to imply that a raid group isn't stacked with people that have good legendaries is showing ignorance to where raidgroups are at.

And yes, it is easy to check logs. It's also easy to check simcrafts. Which is why I'm asking if you're high for thinking that this:

is an accurate way to calculate a legendaries worth.

People know legendaries are important. The point is, by implying that his success comes from his legendaries is implying that the people he plays with do not benefit from their legendaries. It's a bad point. All DPS legendaries are not so far off from one another (and by that I mean the DPS legendaries that actually effect your output) to the point where they are the reason someone does well.. and to imply that a raid group isn't stacked with people that have good legendaries is showing ignorance to where raidgroups are at.

And yes, it is easy to check logs. It's also easy to check simcrafts. Which is why I'm asking if you're high for thinking that this:

is an accurate way to calculate a legendaries worth.
    This is a destro topic not a on what place am I on my on my own dps meter topic

I can see the 5% from belt being rng based(I think its 6% on avg), but pls tell me what wrong with taking the gain from the dmgbuff on a boss to make a conclusion how good a legendary is on that boss. This is as clear as it gets lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a destro topic not a on what place am I on my on my own dps meter topic

I can see the 5% from belt being rng based(I think its 6% on avg), but pls tell me what wrong with taking the gain from the dmgbuff on a boss to make a conclusion how good a legendary is on that boss. This is as clear as it gets lol
    But it's not the point? I am not even sure what you are arguing about now? That legendaries are a DPS increase? Of course they are, but bottom line - you doing your shit right is far bigger gain.

I did 457k dps on mythic guarm this past week and I generated all of 12 shards via feretory. You're dreaming if you think that amounts to a 15% increase. You're talking about trading around 8 incinerates for 6 chaosbolts. Looking at my averages that's worth about 2.3 mil dmg that I gained over just casting incinerates, which should be something like 2.4% of my 96 mil dmg.

I seriously have no idea why people are so obsessed with this belt, it's nice to have but its by no means this massive damage increase everyone likes to pretend it is. And its bout to be even less than it already is.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I did 457k dps on mythic guarm this past week and I generated all of 12 shards via feretory. You're dreaming if you think that amounts to a 15% increase. You're talking about trading around 8 incinerates for 6 chaosbolts. Looking at my averages that's worth about 2.3 mil dmg that I gained over just casting incinerates, which should be something like 2.4% of my 96 mil dmg.

I seriously have no idea why people are so obsessed with this belt, it's nice to have but its by no means this massive damage increase everyone likes to pretend it is. And its bout to be even less than it already is.
    demobracers are 10% on guarm with some of the killtimes
    and you got unlucky i guess

demobracers are 10% on guarm with some of the killtimes
    and you got unlucky i guess
    In order for 30% dmg for 25 seconds to = to 10% overall dmg the boss would need to die in about 1 minute 15 seconds, which does not happen.

It's a lil over 7% if the boss dies at exactly 3 minutes 25 seconds, which is a pretty normal time these days. Even then.. the top parse uses portal pants as its second berry with feretory.

Also I didn't get incredibly unlucky, I'd say I on average get around 4 shards a minute via feretory and our kill was a lil over 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-12-26 at 02:06 AM.

In order for 30% dmg for 25 seconds to = to 10% overall dmg the boss would need to die in about 1 minute 15 seconds, which does not happen.

It's a lil over 7% if the boss dies at exactly 3 minutes 25 seconds, which is a pretty normal time these days. Even then.. the top parse uses portal pants as its second berry with feretory.

Also I didn't get incredibly unlucky, I'd say I on average get around 4 shards a minute via feretory and our kill was a lil over 3 minutes.
    thats like saying rune of power is just a 12,5% dpsgain, because it equals 50% with 25% uptime

thats like saying rune of power is just a 12,5% dpsgain, because it equals 50% with 25% uptime
    You'd be making a great point if we had something like combustion to line up with it. Our coolies are nothing like what mages have.

Our entire kit is sustained dps now, if you haven't noticed.

Destruction in Mists of Pandaria was at a perfect spot. Then it went to limbo in Warlords and now its in the ninth circle of hell in Legion (irony, eh?). Requiring 3 soul shards to cast Rain of Fire? Nah, f that.

You'd be making a great point if we had something like combustion to line up with it. Our coolies are nothing like what mages have.

Our entire kit is sustained dps now, if you haven't noticed.
    I obv used an exaggerated example, but in best case killtime its more than 7%
    And even if both combiend give you 10% its too much, I'm glad they are nerfing them.

Deleted

Well that is true, but the top parse is 9 itemlevel higher, which is A LOT going from 883 to 892, than the second one who has the exact same dps but Demo bracers.
    And on top of that the first spot has a much shorter fight which perfectly fitted in infernals + doomguard from a cooldown perspective.

Violetti does have a good point. The very reason the demo bracers are extremely strong is not the simple math you do by looking at 30% damage for 25 seconds and then looking at the cooldown.
    You have to look at it the following way :

- You do start with 3 soul shards and 2 conflag charges
    - You do have a potion up
    - You do have heroism. Heroism paired with Demo Bracers make it much much better
    - You do have Rifts ready
    - You do have trinkets or other proccs like Arcway/CoS set
    - etc.

And then you have to factor in the fight length. The demo bracers are definitively better than 7% for a 3 minute 25 second fight like you say. 3 minute 25 would basically be the perfect length and I'd say 10-12% is a more realistic gain.

Well either I am looking at it the wrong way or this is the first time I actually have to disagree with you on a fundamental level that doesn't come down to difference in personal taste, perception or perspective, but rather objective logic.
    In a 3 minute 25 second fight the bracers give you a 7,3% damage increase if you don't factor in anything at all.
    But that would only be the case if you fight a puppet with no pots, no heroism, no cooldown, no 3 starting soul shards.

The FIRST 31!! ranked Destro warlocks for Mythic Guarm either have Feretory or Sindorei. Every single one of them. And many of them actually do have both.
    And in the top 100 there were 82 who either had Feretory or Demo bracers.

Both are getting nerfed. Demo bracers are getting nerfed really hard actually. Harder than other classes legendaries as far as I know. Definitively a big hit for Destro warlocks who have both.

- - - Updated - - -

I obv used an exaggerated example, but in best case killtime its more than 7%
    And even if both combiend give you 10% its too much, I'm glad they are nerfing them.
    see my post above. depending on the fight both combined give definitively more than 10%

I guess the worst case could be less than 10%, but that would be a fight that is exactly 3 minutes or 6 minutes long.