Thanks NHL, a 4 day break is still apparently the best way to kill a team's momentum D:
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Thanks NHL, a 4 day break is still apparently the best way to kill a team's momentum D:
    All the problems of this NHL can come down to the World Cup. So stupid to put it in September. There are a lot of players who were on the WC teams still dealing with injuries sustained in it (insider source). Then we have a compressed schedule 32 games in 60 days for the Jets.

Turns out all we need to win back to backs is not using a backup goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Turns out all we need to win back to backs is not using a backup goalie.
    We gotta score 5 goals or more because apparently Rinne is back to not being able to stop anything. Lucky for us we either score 5 or none at all......

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out NHL, the Blue Jackets are a monster just destroying teams left, right and centre.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden rolling in this world jr game, lovin the look of their team so far

Arizona actually has an impressive prospect pool. Strome should be a top 6 center with top line upside. Dvorak has top 9 potential. Keller could easily be a top 6 player. Chychrun is already playing in the NHL which is huge for them. Then they have a bunch of other guys like Merkey, Perlini, Dauphent that would be great supplementary forwards to that core. If they win the lottory a 1-2 punch of Strome - Patrick will be a good base to build on too. Problem is they have nothing outside of Domi and OEL really.

ok maybe canada isnt as bad as i thought
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-12-27 at 03:13 AM.

Bracco and Grundstrom (sp?) both scored tonight and I'm really curious to see how they both do.

In addition to CBJ above MIN has a crazy win streak too. Beudreau has done a very good job there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Bracco and Grundstrom (sp?) both scored tonight and I'm really curious to see how they both do.

In addition to CBJ above MIN has a crazy win streak too. Beudreau has done a very good job there.
    Only issue for Min, is just like the last time they had one of these streaks going, its pretty much being carried by Dubnyk. If he ever comes back down to normal, which law of averages says he will eventually, they will probably end up in he same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    ok maybe canada isnt as bad as i thought
    Goaltending, as per usual, is going to be our biggest problem it would seem. 2 of those goals were absolute softies that Hart should have had.

Dube looked pretty good out there though! Karnaukhov was invisible. Didn't watch the US or SWE games, but yay for Fox/Kylington getting points too!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit Denmark, way to go lol. Biggest upset for the tournament probably.

Well get to add Corey Crawford to list of shit hole players I can't stand now. Tripped two different Preds deliberately, didn't get called on either and the second they blew on us. Refs were pretty dang sorry in that game, phantom slashing, tripping, and hooking all wrapped into one. Gotta love it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well get to add Corey Crawford to list of shit hole players I can't stand now. Tripped two different Preds deliberately, didn't get called on either and the second they blew on us. Refs were pretty dang sorry in that game, phantom slashing, tripping, and hooking all wrapped into one. Gotta love it.
    I mean it was a smart move on his part. The blue paint is his area, stay the fuck out of it or you risk getting a penalty. Don't be mad at Crawford because he took the opportunity of Fisher (or whoever it was can't remember) skating so close to him to try and draw the penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its just gonna be homerism and telling people how to feel, don't hit submit next time.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If its just gonna be homerism and telling people how to feel, don't hit submit next time.
    Said the pot to the kettle

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I mean it was a smart move on his part. The blue paint is his area, stay the fuck out of it or you risk getting a penalty. Don't be mad at Crawford because he took the opportunity of Fisher (or whoever it was can't remember) skating so close to him to try and draw the penalty.
    It was Smith, and he did the same thing, but much more blatant to Fiala not 30 seconds earlier in the prior shift. Fiala was actually out just at the top of the blue ice and Crawford stuck his leg out like it was some comedy bit.

Do it once it's a smart play, do it twice in 30 seconds it's blatant and makes you a scumbag.

I've actually been one of the few that stood up for the guy over the years when everyone was giving him hell. Not anymore, I hope someone snaps that leg right off now.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the whole Carey Price incident. The league has said they aren't going to call penalties on goalies anymore (not actually said publically). But they are going to for damn sure call them on players who interfere with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    After the whole Carey Price incident. The league has said they aren't going to call penalties on goalies anymore (not actually said publically). But they are going to for damn sure call them on players who interfere with them.
    Oh trust me, these days I have zero faith in the NHL, even on replays they can't get it right. Plus everyone knows if your team has a certain name in front of it, the Refs are going to lean your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh trust me, these days I have zero faith in the NHL, even on replays they can't get it right. Plus everyone knows if your team has a certain name in front of it, the Refs are going to lean your way.
    It's turning into the NBA in that regard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    good lord Dubois is one of the most underwelming 3rd overall picks I've seen in awhile. He was touted as one of the closest NHL ready prospects besides Matthews and Laine last year but you woulden't believe it watching him play vs his peers in the world jrs this year.

Absolute garbage performance by the boys against the US tonight.