Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Then i dont see the point of the thread
    Sounds like a personal issue then? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Because as a DPS player, I play this game to be competitive. Both in logs, with myself and within the guild. Competition is the driving force for improvement. If there is no competition, I don't want to play.
    You look like you're competing fine, whats the problem? To me this sounds like a complaint where you're saying "I'm not the best and I don't like not being the best."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    At least that would allow you to play a different character :P The current legendary system is dumb as balls, and I really can't understand how anyone is able to NOT see that.
    The only big complaint I agree with is that it locks people into specs which is a really bad feeling if you want to change it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    You look like you're competing fine, whats the problem? To me this sounds like a complaint where you're saying "I'm not the best and I don't like not being the best."
    Because the degree in which I can compete is worse than previous expansions despite no decreases in skill and no class changes (my class has become objectively easier) so the only variables left are the legendary system and titanforging RNG.

Also, 90th percentile is not "competing fine" in relation to my expectations based on 6 years playing this class, 90th for me is extremely disappointing considering in previous expansions I was sitting at 95-99 consistently. The difference may only be 5 percentiles but the difference in DPS is 7-15% (coincidentally the amount of damage 2 good legendaries gives.)

I am not only competing with other players, I am competing with myself to continue to better myself as a player over time.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

The only big complaint I agree with is that it locks people into specs which is a really bad feeling if you want to change it up.
    That, along with some of them being too good / others not being good enough is mostly what i think is wrong with the current system

"threads to call out a group as "lazy", "bad", or "needy" based on a few anecdotal experiences are hardly constructive. Every time we've left one open it turns into a big bashing thread." - @Darsithis

So you going to do something about this thread or nah..? This guy just blatantly called someone a "shitty player" and exposed IGNs and everything...For all we know that guy can be getting mail/messages ingame with everyone laughing at him and he doesn't know why..,

Because the degree in which I can compete is worse than previous expansions despite no decreases in skill and no class changes (my class has become objectively easier) so the only variables left are the legendary system and titanforging RNG.

Also, 90th percentile is not "competing fine" in relation to my expectations based on 6 years playing this class, 90th for me is extremely disappointing considering in previous expansions I was sitting at 95-99 consistently. The difference may only be 5 percentiles but the difference in DPS is 7-15% (coincidentally the amount of damage 2 good legendaries gives.)

I am not only competing with other players, I am competing with myself to continue to better myself as a player over time.
    This is 100 percent my problem with the legendary system.

If you are competing with yourself all you need to worry about is doing better then the week before, so I see the problem even less. Well done, thanks for saying that and making my life easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    That, along with some of them being too good / others not being good enough is mostly what i think is wrong with the current system
    Nothing will ever be equal, until the legendaries are something along the line of

"Your lightning bolts are not red instead of blue" people will complain because something will be optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are competing with yourself all you need to worry about is doing better then the week before, so I see the problem even less. Well done, thanks for saying that and making my life easier.
    Not really, because I perform worse than the myself of a year ago, despite investing the same amount of time and effort and despite my class being obectively easier, whilst people who were worse than me in the past doing better. My statement is that I am competing with everyone who the competition is reasonable to have with, both people of my class, of other classes, my raiders and myself.

Just because "you" don't see the problem does not mean it does not exist, you are obviously not competitive enough so of course you have no idea what I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing will ever be equal, until the legendaries are something along the line of

"Your lightning bolts are not red instead of blue" people will complain because something will be optimal.
    And that is the majority of the problem with the legendary system. It would have been better to have only made 1-4 total, and the equipping 2 aspect made into 1 utility and 1 damage/healing/tank only.
    The fact they made so many, while also making universal ones, is part of the issue. You can't introduce 30+ items across the board and then expect to have them be equal or that all players will be happy they got a "bad" one. Adding to the fact that some legendaries actually complete a spec (no other choice of words) and it's rotation or playstyle, the system becomes even worse.
    Just for anecdotal reasons, 1 of my guildies has 5 legendaries with 2 BiS for MM and 1 BiS for BM. Another guildie has 7 and not one BiS yet. I have 3 and 1 is utility, 1 is barely considered a dps gain. How is this system fun for the latter of us? The system could have been done much better and you'd think that the team that came from D3 would have been able to fine tune this system a little better with what they learned from D3's initial problems.

Not really, because I perform worse than the myself of a year ago, despite investing the same amount of time and effort and despite my class being obectively easier, whilst people who were worse than me in the past doing better. My statement is that I am competing with everyone who the competition is reasonable to have with, both people of my class, of other classes, my raiders and myself.

Just because "you" don't see the problem does not mean it does not exist, you are obviously not competitive enough so of course you have no idea what I'm talking about.
    It was a different game a year ago, I'm a different hockey player then I was in college. Time past, I've changed my style due to changing teams it happpens. So then compete with the people who have the same legendaries, thats all I worry about and I seem to be killing content fine. 7/7m 3/3m. I didn't get the best legendaries on my warlock, I still compete as one of the top warlocks with the legendaries I have.

Clearly I'm not competitive enough because I don't sweat the petty stuff, clearly that is the case.

This is what you sound like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    And that is the majority of the problem with the legendary system. It would have been better to have only made 1-4 total, and the equipping 2 aspect made into 1 utility and 1 damage/healing/tank only.
    The fact they made so many, while also making universal ones, is part of the issue. You can't introduce 30+ items across the board and then expect to have them be equal or that all players will be happy they got a "bad" one. Adding to the fact that some legendaries actually complete a spec (no other choice of words) and it's rotation or playstyle, the system becomes even worse.
    Just for anecdotal reasons, 1 of my guildies has 5 legendaries with 2 BiS for MM and 1 BiS for BM. Another guildie has 7 and not one BiS yet. I have 3 and 1 is utility, 1 is barely considered a dps gain. How is this system fun for the latter of us? The system could have been done much better and you'd think that the team that came from D3 would have been able to fine tune this system a little better with what they learned from D3's initial problems.
    You can't introduce anything other then stat sticks if you want it to be 'fair' so just think about that. If you think the D3 team knows how to make gear then you have no idea what you are talking about bud, I really can't say more then that. The game is bad nothing is fixed from the systems that were in D2 IMO, I guess it has a new coat of paint though so its cool.
    Last edited by netherflame; 2016-12-24 at 11:14 PM. Reason: image

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a different game a year ago, I'm a different hockey player then I was in college. Time past, I've changed my style due to changing teams it happpens. So then compete with the people who have the same legendaries, thats all I worry about and I seem to be killing content fine. 7/7m 3/3m. I didn't get the best legendaries on my warlock, I still compete as one of the top warlocks with the legendaries I have.

Clearly I'm not competitive enough because I don't sweat the petty stuff, clearly that is the case.

I'm sorry, was this your story?

It doesn't matter what you say to me, how pedantic you feel I am. My opinion is that competitive dpsing has gone down the drain because of the legendary system. Other people agree, so I'm definitely not alone and I'm actually in a position to legitimately complain about it. I'm sure you can tell me all about how my subjective feelings are wrong. At the end of the day, you're arguing about an opinion and this is going nowhere fast.

If the legendary system really does not matter for casuals as OP said, and the people who it does matter for are unhappy with it, then a change is warranted since the change won't effect 95% of people who don't need/care about the legendaries and it makes the other 5% happy.

I don't think a vendor takes that much effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should've been a token/vendor system. Then they could fill it to the brim with worthless, shitty legendaries that cost 1 token, while all the good, gameplay changing items would cost more. They could even have a RNG box for 1 token that would work like the current RNG idiocy for the gamblers!

I despise losing my freedom of choice, illusion or real, in favor of a purely RNG system where 50% (being generous) of the item pool is garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't introduce anything other then stat sticks if you want it to be 'fair' so just think about that. If you think the D3 team knows how to make gear then you have no idea what you are talking about bud, I really can't say more then that. The game is bad nothing is fixed from the systems that were in D2 IMO, I guess it has a new coat of paint though so its cool.
    The "bosses are still going down" argument is totally irrelevant and is a mere distraction. Killing bosses is not the only aspect of the game, classes can be totally imbalanced but bosses can still go down, some accounts can be bugged and do 10% more damage damage but bosses are still going down and that's legendary for you.
    A bad design is a bad design.
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-12-24 at 11:58 PM.

The "bosses are still going down" argument is totally irrelevant and is a mere distraction. Killing bosses is not the only aspect of the game, classes can be totally imbalanced and bosses can still go down, some accounts can be bugged and do 20% more damage damage and bosses can still go down.
    Bad design is a bad design.
    "Bosses still going down" is a way better argument than "dps meter competition".

Whine is just whine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    "Bosses still going down" is a way better argument than "dps meter competition".

Whine is just whine.
    what about when the boss doesn't go down?

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Whine is just whine.
    No actual argument included again, good job I like how blizzard admitted throughput legendary was a bad idea but the fan boys are defending it

No actual argument included again, good job I like how blizzard admitted throughput legendary was a bad idea but the fan boys are defending it
    No one said the system is perfect, the problem is a loud vocal portion complaining about it who have no skin in the game. It makes it hard to filter out the bullshit from the substance.

I hate pokemon, I don't do pet battles, it would be like me complaining about pet battles when all I have are level 1 pets.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No one said the system is perfect, the problem is a loud vocal portion complaining about it who have no skin in the game. It makes it hard to filter out the bullshit from the substance.

I hate pokemon, I don't do pet battles, it would be like me complaining about pet battles when all I have are level 1 pets.

Except pet battles don't influence how good your character is. Pet battles also don't influence wether or not your character is actually going straight in the garbage bin or not at the highest level of raiding.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by Fevyx View Post
    Except pet battles don't influence how good your character is. Pet battles also don't influence wether or not your character is actually going straight in the garbage bin or not at the highest level of raiding.
    Trust me, most players are putting themselves straight in the garbage bin and it has zero to do with their equipment. That is my exact point.

Feedback is great. Its required. The problem is you don't want feedback from people who don't need to be giving it.

I don't mythic raid, why should Blizzard give two shits about what I think on Mythic raiding if we are going to be completely honest?
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-12-25 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    The problem here is that the system is inherently shit. It's a completely luck of the draw based system that you are dependant on. I don't play much anymore, and my opinion doesn't hold any value. The main problem with all the legendarys systems since MoP is that they are albeit cool, balanced around later in the game.

The MoP cloak and the WoD ring was all "required" at the later stages of the expansions. Several bosses had tactics revolving around the tank cloak in MoP.
    Now if i have 11 alts i would want my alts to be atleast somewhat viable without doing the same grind on all 11 of them. They. Are. Not.

I got my first legendary 2 weeks ago after around 12 days played since release, it's Prydaz ranked 8/8, utterly useless effect, even after the significant buff to it in 7.1.5 it's still going to be useless.

If the system was in place where during the times i actually raided i would have been absolutley furious. I raided somewhat casual in vanilla, a tad more serious in TBC hardcore in WoTLK casual in MoP during SoO tier and hardcore in WoD during first tier.

The system randomly gives significants throughput boosts to lucky players, and nothing to the unlucky. With no skill, work or possible way to change the outcome. This is the flaw, if you could pick one to pursue and then steadily work on it untill obtained the system would be "fine", although alt unfriendly it would be "fine". It's the element of complete RNG where instead of being happy you got a legendary you are just pissed it was one of the worst.

I liked the old legendary system a lot better when legendarys made things easier for the guilds that had obtained them but the content wasn't balanced around them. Except for perhaps Anub'arak which was made A LOT easier with Val'anyr.

No the system is shit, an unlucky player will fall far behind a lucky player with the exact same skill, with no reason other than being unlucky/lucky.

Now i don't really care much since i play very casual but that doesn't make obviously bad game design automagically good.
    Imagine an arena map where one side would hold a huge advantage over the other team. It's a guaranteed win unless the other team is far better than you. This is somewhat the situation.