Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because in a fantasy world all rifles have to be short range and inaccurate. You do realize that whole fantasy thing works both ways right?

Titanstrike has a laser sight on it I don't think the medieval theme really applies anymore.
    Right? We have giant mechanical bosses, helicopters, and all the other crazy engineering shit. But making a rifle -not a musket- a rifle be accurate and have a longer range than a bow is crazy.
    Last edited by AtomicSpoon; 2016-12-24 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmevan View Post
    Titanstrike has a laser sight on it I don't think the medieval theme really applies anymore
    No, it's alright, well actually no it's not, the gnome/goblin guns are awfully theme-breaking and don't fit at all, they are supposed to be a joke.

But even these kind of attachments are more likely to be "magic infused" or very rudimentary, like the 1m² scopes on them.

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSpoon View Post
    Because in a fantasy world all rifles have to be short range and inaccurate. You do realize that whole fantasy thing works both ways right?

Right? We have giant mechanical bosses, helicopters, and all the other crazy engineering shit. But making a rifle -not a musket- a rifle be accurate and have a longer range than a bow is crazy.

There might be like 1 or 2, I don't know, but 95% or all of them are musket in this game. You are arguing that it'd be okay for a *modern* gun to show up in LotR because it's "fantasy". Might as well go with jets then and not "gyrocopters"
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-24 at 09:26 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    awfully theme-breaking and don't fit at all
    They don't fit in with the gyrocopters, tanks, siege engines, and all the other silly bullshit in the game. /s

There is a boss that is a giant mechanical scorpion. I'm pretty fucking sure they can make a decent rifle in the Warcraft universe.

Deleted
    They don't fit in with the gyrocopters, tanks, siege engines, and all the other silly bullshit in the game. There is a boss that is a giant mechanical scorpion. I'm pretty fucking sure they can make a decent rifle in the Warcraft universe.
    They do fit. Warhammer Fantasy has it too. They have guns there too, which are basically what our 16th century guns would be like.
    Seriously, do you really want a DMR as MM? I'd quit the game immediatly. Why don't we stay true to the world that was designed and not argue about shit that doesn't even have a *theoretical* chance of becoming a thing
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-24 at 09:30 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There might be like 1 or 2, I don't know, but 95% or all of them are musket in this game. You are arguing that it'd be okay for a *modern* gun to show up in LotR because it's "fantasy". Might as well go with jets then and not "gyrocopters"
    No. I never said that nor implied that, you're pulling shit out of your ass. In a universe that already has all these engineering things, a decent rifle is not out of place.

Seriously, do you really want a DMR as MM? I'd quit the game immediatly.
    I never said that either. You can have a decent firearm that doesn't have to be a MK17 or an M14 DMR. My point is that with all the other technological advancements in this universe assuming that all firearms have to be muskets is silly.
    Last edited by AtomicSpoon; 2016-12-24 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    The guns that are currently available, are more fit to be hunting rifles, why wouldn't you give these to SV/BM?

It's far less breaking to have hunters/skrimishers run with these than having a modern sniper type.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-24 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmevan View Post
    Titanstrike has a laser sight on it I don't think the medieval theme really applies anymore
    Eh... steampunk theme?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any rifle can be a hunting rifle if you shoot an animal with it.

The spec even has a talent called patient sniper. With all the "sniper" thematic shit the Devs did/used to throw around the fact that MM doesn't have a gun is silly.

The spec even has a talent called patient sniper. With all the "sniper" thematic shit the Devs did/used to throw around the fact that MM doesn't have a gun is silly.
    Imagine hunting a deer with a Barrett 50 cal.

There might not be nothing left of him to eat though.

Deleted

Crossbows fit the Sharpshooter scene alright, it also makes sense to "line up a shot" with them because reloading that shit takes time in RL. It's deadly accurate, you could steady it on a wall for better aim and all that kind of stuff.

Why do we even discuss this here...? Just because "Marksman" is suprisingly not a modern-age term?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    tbh I think BM should have been the melee spec
    There shouldn't have been a melee spec.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crossbows fit the Sharpshooter scene alright, it also makes sense to "line up a shot" with them because reloading that shit takes time in RL. It's deadly accurate, you could steady it on a wall for better aim and all that kind of stuff.

Why do we even discuss this here...? Just because "Marksman" is suprisingly not a modern-age term?
    Because whiskey and visiting relatives make me a grumpy fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    There shouldn't have been a melee spec.
    Concur. MoP SV and BM were great.

Ranged survival should have the BM weapons (without Hati attached of course). The lightning mess would actually make sense for sv.

MM stays the same.

BM gets a crossbow with either a rifle or bow hidden appearance (or both, we don't know if all the hidden appearances are done!) You could even have our BEASTMASTER icon Rexxar involved in the quest to get it.

MM shouldn't be a gun? Are you kidding? IIRC pistols and rifles are where the term marksman comes from.
    First started with archers actually : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksman

It could work if the guns were re-designed, but the ones in wow are clumsy and do not feel accurate at all.. It feels like I'm a storm trooper.

I'm loving all the ideas for new weapons we're getting but did anyone come up with any names for them maybe? If you could design an Artifact Weapon for Ranged SV what would you call it and what would its outstanding traits be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    SV - Bow
    MM - Gun
    BM - Crossbow

The way it should be and should have been.
    you're buggin MM and SV are the other way around seeing how SV has sticky bombs and grenades and shit.

Deleted
    MM shouldn't be a gun? Are you kidding? IIRC pistols and rifles are where the term marksman comes from.
    Has anyone thought that none of the specs should have a gun? When I think of MM I think of High Elves honestly. That's why I prefer MM to have a bow. While all views of MM are valid, there is nothing saying we can't just scrap guns all together. And even if MM ended up with a gun, transmog is a thing. I will forever have the Galakras mythic bow transmogged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekiin View Post
    Has anyone thought that none of the specs should have a gun? When I think of MM I think of High Elves honestly. That's why I prefer MM to have a bow. While all views of MM are valid, there is nothing saying we can't just scrap guns all together. And even if MM ended up with a gun, transmog is a thing. I will forever have the Galakras mythic bow transmogged.
    I wish they'd add quivers to the older models again.
    It's simply several times cooler to have one, which is why I'll never transmog anything other than artifact skins.

Titanstrike would be for survival and then BM would get a crossbow.

It's a medieval fantasy themed-game
    *looks at gnomes, goblins, and draenei*

Um, since when has Warcraft been medieval fantasy?

- - - Updated - - -

No, they aren't. Marksman originated with archers. Survival was always the more tech-y hunter spec with explosive shot and more focus on traps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Titanstrike would be for survival and then BM would get a crossbow.

*looks at gnomes, goblins, and draenei*

Um, since when has Warcraft been medieval fantasy?

- - - Updated - - -
    Since when not?
    Legion?

Since when are *medieval*-castles, swords, bows, xbows, plate armor and a feudalism not considered medieval. What would you call it? Gnomes and goblins are considered the odd-one out, even in the lore itself. On top of that, their tech doesn't even work properly. Draenei are aliens and are using tech that isn't even remotely understood - most of it is magic-powered too. So basically, you have "magitek" at best.

It's a medieval-high-fantasy setting. Maybe on the verge of what we would consider the early modern period
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-25 at 12:31 PM.