Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hated Challenge Modes (but did them) and I hate timed Mythic+ dungeons, but do them. I hate doing anything time-based, I don't think it adds any depth to the game play. I like the idea of scaling dungeons, but it shouldn't have a timer attached to it. The only reason they even have the timer (outside of determining how many chests you get) is so you can't bring a shit load of CC and take your time and get it done.

Deleted
    Nope, the timer in fact is what made me not run Mythic+ at all.

Well, I did once. And one of the groupmates died, seemingly unable to be ressed due to a bug, making us like 30 seconds too slow for an extra chest. Don't think I've ever seen so much rage and toxicity combined in my life.

Bottom line, severe punishments for mistakes are a horrible idea imho.
    Who would have thought, but this lovable community we have does not particulary appreciate missing out on epixxx or their key or whatever when somebody else screws up. Ideally, the game should promote constructive behavior after failing (e.g. a discussion about what went wrong, how to approach the next pull and such), and not just .. trolling. We did very much have this back in the day where runs took hours, and wiping just meant you'd try again. We do not have this anymore in a time where runs take 20 minutes, and you lose out on loot or even your key when anything doesn't go 100% perfectly immediately.

Not sure why, but since I was a kid, I always hated timers. I still enjoy Mythic+ dungeons, especially higher level ones, but I'd much rather have extra difficulty instead of a timer.

Like look at bosses with the Tyrannical affix, you can't even burst them down with hero/bl (unless your DPS is overgeared), and it actually feels like you're fighting a boss because the it takes longer to take down and there is a real sense of danger where in some cases you can easily get one shotted. I really enjoy this affix, even though it can easily cost you a chest or two.

So I wouldn't mind seeing the timer removed and dungeon bosses buffed to Tyrannical level and maybe even buff trash to compensate. The number of chests acquired could then be based off the number of deaths instead of the time taken to complete the dungeon.

Overall though, I love Mythic+ dungeons so I'm quite happy even with a timer involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk...

Sure i feel pressure, but also satisfaction when i finish dung in time for chest, no matter if 1 or 3.

The timer has ruined mythic+ which is otherwise one of the best ideas Blizzard has ever had.

YES! I enjoy the timed runs. I love the up tempo and the challenge. I mean, you always have the option of completing and collecting your chest without worrying about the timer. I do that with 12s every week. But I love the incentive to take our games up a notch. It pushes all of us to play sharper, develop more teamwork, etc.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The timer has ruined mythic+ which is otherwise one of the best ideas Blizzard has ever had.
    Why should one get mythic raid level gear when you could cc every trash mob bar your focus target, because thats what it would be without the timer...heck without the timer we could probably cc our way up to mythic +25 or something and bang our heads against all the oneshotting boss abilitys by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Why should one get mythic raid level gear when you could cc every trash mob bar your focus target, because thats what it would be without the timer...heck without the timer we could probably cc our way up to mythic +25 or something and bang our heads against all the oneshotting boss abilitys by then.
    Exactly. I think some people aren't realizing the instances and rewards are tuned around the timer. Without it, they would have to tune things much harder so that some of the same player complaining about the timer would not be able to clear them at all. At least the way things are, you have the option of completing it without making the timer and still getting credit in your weekly cache. The current system is the best of both worlds; those of you wishing the timer away might be wishing you loot away with it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without the timer they would be more boring. It's a System that rewards speed and planning, punishing you for dying and taking too long. Play well, plan ahead, stay safe. It's similar to CM's, but not quite as good for me. Not had more fun than MoP CM's.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the timer, but I don't like how some people can act because of it. For example if your method of doing a dungeon isn't the exact same as the most common way it's done and you get shouted at for pulling certain packs of mobs you kill, and skip others. It's weird for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand, to get the best times on higher end M+ you do use "tactical" moves like CC, interrupts, and focusing in mobs.

You aren't making any sense.

Of course low level M+ is going to be a giant AoE explosion. That always happens when you outgear something.

You'd be surprised some of the packs you can outright skip if CC instead of fighting.

He mentions Magisters Terrace - A place where if you were under geared and your cc was broken early you would wipe. CCing to skip a pack doesn't quite meet the definition of the old warcraft CC.

OP is talking about the old strategy to what you cc'd when you cc'd it what you interrupted what you kill and what overall order - Often changed by group composition or weakness of a particular makeup. I can see how its confusing if you mostly have played the newer content though.

I will post my personal take in a separate post.

I despise M+ solely because of the timer, so I ignore them completely now. One wipe and everyone leaves and you are sitting there with a drained keystone.

Plus I despise groupfinder, a hideous tool that encourages jerks to be assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    For me I don't really enjoy the timer at all. WoW has always been a more deliberate, strategic game for me. If i wanted fast-paced stuff I'd probably play Overwatch or something else.

You can technically just do M+ without the timer and get your chest, but good luck finding a group to play it that way.

When I originally heard of M+ I was expecting more of a tactical challenge like old school Magister's terrace where it was about CC, interrupts, focusing mobs, and then dealing with the affix mechanics. Not "go go go gogogogo gogogo" playstyle, where it basically comes down to kiting and running though and throwing AOE stuns.
    No, timed dungeons is one of the mian reaonsons Leionons even wores than WoD.

I don't mind the timer..without it there would be almost 0 challenge outside the boss and you would just wait for Bloodlust every time. I really hate the endless mindless spamming of mythic + because that's how Legion works tho.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I despise M+ solely because of the timer, so I ignore them completely now. One wipe and everyone leaves and you are sitting there with a drained keystone.

Plus I despise groupfinder, a hideous tool that encourages jerks to be assholes.
    I've never experienced this in the many pug +M I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I've never experienced this in the many pug +M I have done.

I haven't attempted many, but they all end the same way. Wipe for whatever reason, tank has left the group. The group has been disbanded. I remember one was on BRH and we were about half way through and I thought we were going well until we wiped on a bad trash pull. It's both frustrating and dispiriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    I like the timer, but I don't like how some people can act because of it. For example if your method of doing a dungeon isn't the exact same as the most common way it's done and you get shouted at for pulling certain packs of mobs you kill, and skip others. It's weird for sure.
    Seems to happen the most in Nels since its the least on-rails one about trash

On another note, I still stand by my previous statement - I wouldn't be doing M+ if every dungeon took significantly longer than the timer normally is. 45 mins is fine, but much more than that and the chance at m+ isnt worth it. That's why I avoided 13s and 14s after finishing Keystone Master

Deleted
    wouldnt say it makes it more fun just because theres a timer there

but its definitely less boring than doing a dungeon without a timer where I can just do the entire thing two man as tank healer

Deleted
    I think lot of people don't understand how mythic+ work.
    The timer act as a check to see if you are ready to move on something more difficult. And the keystone system is well designed around it.

It's easy to understand really :

You complete a mythic dungeon. The game give you a key that say "Hey try something with a slightly harder difficulty" (8% is not much)
    - You complete it but you are not fast enought: You still get some loot and a chance to try again. The game still offer you a chance to do it.
    - You complete it on time : "Hey you are not bad, here try something more difficult" You get a another key to another challenge to overcome.

Time here is just a measurement for how you perform. If you overcome the difficulty the game give you some more difficult each time. And you don't need to pull like a madman to finish on time. Doing the dungeon in a clean fashion assure you a completion most of the time. Players/Blibli made farming low level key too rewarding to just pushing the difficult. But the base system of mythic+ is really good IMO.

And most people does not remember the end of TBC, and stuff like the slave den where you skip 80% of the trash for the free insignia in like 10-15 min, was it skill? Challenging?

I think timed runs can be cool. The old Zul'Amen timed run was cool to do, but ZA alone wasn't half the game like Mythic + is.

It makes the game feel less like an RPG and more like an arcade game. If I wanted to beat timers, I'd go play Need for Speed, or a game like that.

I guess it caters well to the twitchy gogogo ADHD kids.