Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont think Legion is that bad, but its not the best for me. Best is still WOTLK for me, follow by BC. Legion is 3rd because of all the extra, but in term of Story telling, MoP is much better, I feel CATA and WoD story telling might even be alittle better, I'm just not feeling the story telling of Legion, Leveling in Legion is so Boring for me, but everything else is Good.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Legion have done a really good job in killing the enjoyment I used to feel when progressing my character. Granted this started back in Wrath with multiple difficulties but it's now at a new low with titanforging, extreme iLvl jumps, boring enchants, no colored sockets and everything that made gearing fun. And last but not least the insane amount of gear you get.

You are right that a lot of this community does nothing but whine at this point.
    The bigger issue is that it seems like people don't WANT to enjoy the game, because if you did the things you are complaining about wouldn't bother you nearly as much as they do.

I always keep it parallel to something like buying tickets to see a yankees game.
    You go to the stadium and spend a LOT of fucking money to get there. But the main reason I'm there is to enjoy the game. I spend a lot of money on the way, but its worth it, otherwise I wouldn't go right?
    I don't sit there the whole time while watching the game and constantly tell everyone how much money I'm wasting. If it was that big of a deal, I would stop talking about it and never go to another game.
    The expense bothers me a bit, but after a while I get over it an never worry again.

That's exactly what I do with WoW as well. There are things I don't like for sure, but I don't waste mine and other's time complaining about them all day, and I CERTAINLY don't bitch at developers and demand their jobs because I don't like 100 percent of the game.

The 85 percent I do like is fucking amazing honestly. I totally agree Legion is EASILY the best expansion we have had if you only look at the first tier of each.
    We don't know what will happen in 7.2, but as of now it seems like they genuinely care about making the game consistently better as regularly as possible.

People who say otherwise really are just entitled and whining. You objectively can not compare the amount of patch and development time they have put into Legion to ANY other expansion and say they aren't doing a good job.
    You just want way too much to be a fair judge on the matter.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You are right that a lot of this community does nothing but whine at this point.
    The bigger issue is that it seems like people don't WANT to enjoy the game
    Absolutely, that's what it ultimately comes down to.

While I'm playing on my level 110 toons , I want to punch the game in the face since the last couple of weeks more than ever, AP grinding, playing the lottery everytime you do something like those fucking cooking recipe and rank shit crap from Alchimie.

And let's not forget the famous game breaker,Suramar, An Illusion What Are you hidding crap.

But, I was leveling a toon yesterday, 100 to 105 and I was like, damm this game is good.
    Well exept for Val Shara, but the leveling is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is good, not great but at least it's decent and fun. Far far far far from the best though

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is RNGshitfest expansion. Even wod was better.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Legion is definitely not the worst expansion. But there are issues.

1. Poor class balance, what a mess it has been so far.
    2. RNG driven class design
    3. Legendaries - As someone described it on BNET forums, a lottery based doping scheme.
    4. AP Grind

Do the same dungeons thousands of times over to grind a currency that directly increases your character strength and try to luck out on the RNG loot system. Do all this while competing with shitty class balance in an undertuned first raid and an overtuned second raid. It's the grindiest expansion in WoW history where grinding and lottery take precedence over merit and skill.

Of course yes Legion is a great expansion in many aspects, but I don't think quite anyone was asking for Blizzard to release a game solely driven by extreme grinding coupled with extreme RNG. Anyway I think WOTLK was the best expansion, great theme with content released on a regular schedule, very decent PVE class balance.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-12-24 at 08:41 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The same people who was complaining about nothing to do outside the garrison are the same whining about doing world quest and content outside of the city and how overwhelming is. So far the only complaint i have with legion is how unbalanced are the class are currently with some class doing more than double damage than some others
    Maybe because neither extreme in terms of how much there is to do is good? Finding a middle ground would be nice, but that's not how Blizzard does things.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Maybe because neither extreme in terms of how much there is to do is good? Finding a middle ground would be nice, but that's not how Blizzard does things.
    Blizzard created a system where you can slowly progress during entire expansion. It's not their fault if tryhard want to finish it in few weeks and burnout. People with brains know that games are made for fun and do only few world quests and mythic + for day/week, until they still enjoy doing it. If not, they do other stuff or quit until next patch without drama.

Also tryhards are in my eyes responsible for gating content, if for example whole Insurrection and Nighthold was avaiable since day 1, they would eat whole chocolate in two weeks and spam forums that Legion has no content right now. So I'm glad that mythic+ and artifact are not gated - let 'hardcores' burnout and quit, game will be less toxic without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Legion IMO is a failure at pretty much every spot other than raiding, then again I'm biased as fuck towards grinds and RNG as it's just bad design if I got asked.

World Quests: I'll be honest, it was fun the first month. Now it's a grind, I know every single quest inside out, I know which is fastest and which is worth my time.

Legendaries: What a fucking garbage system, I DAMN WELL ENJOY getting shat on in my role compaired to guildies, and that they are RNG. Fun system am I rite?

Titanforge: Can you go fuck off with this RNG? No excuse for dungeons to drop BIS gear for pretty much all but a few spots. Or even worse in case of my guild. Normal Ursoc dropping 895.

Artifact Power: Yea as much as people say they ''like it'' there's a thing you have to realize. Most of these traits would be baked into base spec. Or is just plain bad. Example Hunters Turtle now heals for 40% of your Max HP I think. Never bothered to check. But like okay I can use it when solo'ing a rare. But I sure as heck wont use it for the heal in raids 9/10 times, and dungeons too. I get it gives you something to grind. But still I don't see the fun in it at all.

Honor Levels: I actually like this, it gives something unique and let's you actually have some customization even if something is better.
    And yet you're still playing the game.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    In the old system kara would be the ONLY dungeon worth running anymore, in 7.2 the tomb dungeon would be the only one run etc etc. I'd much rather have a pool of 10+ dungeons that I've done dozens of times before rather than be limited to 1-2. Dungeons are fairly time intensive to create. If they fall off halfway through an expansion that's a lot of effort that is essentially wasted.
    I get what you're saying and you're right, but at the same time, content is content, whether its dungeons or raids, and by this time next year, how many people do you think will still enjoy running their 37,891st Maw of Souls dungeon? I know I won't, but maybe that's just me. The point I was trying to make is that people are devouring content so fast that it's inevitable burnout will shortly ensue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    For some people worst expansion is always 'current', you can't change this. Legion will be rated fairly few years for now, just like MoP.
    This this and a thousand times this!

Every new expansion people call it the worst and the last one was so much better, without fail, every time.
    But keep in mind that the people who like stuff rarely write constant threads about it on forums. So the whiners keep thinking everyone else also hates it.
    A majority likes the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    He probably hasn't played any other MMOs either, if he thinks Legion is grindy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, because having achievable goals is a bad thing. Having some time between tiers where you can spend less time on WoW and more on other games is bad, right? Not really sure why you're advocating quitting as the solution to random ilevels, that seems absurd.
    You can have goals now. You don't need 895 in all slots with gem and tertiaries to complete the content unless you are a bad player who has to hide bad skills behind gear. Obviously, someone on almost perfect gear will have to play a lot to get an RNG upgrade. But the system is not there for having that PERFECT gear. It is there to make content repeatable for the majority of players who won't get near perfect mithyc gear, ever: for casuals, groups of friends, M+ runers and normal / heroic raiders. The top players with this problem are maybe 2% of the playerbase.

Having time between content patches where you CAN do less things is good, you are free to choose so, even now... Having a time between patches where you have NO REASON to do things in WoW is horrible. Rndm gear makes content last longer. And it is ok. If you can't understand you don't need perfect gear to play the game, or you are part of that very top players who need that, sorry, but deal with it.

It is beter to have the majority of the playerbase with a reason to play than a minority stressed hunting godly gear.

Well at least we can all be honest and say that WoD was the worst expansion by far.

I like Legion. And to be honest I'm probably one of the few who likes the Warforge/Titanforge system. My guild are at a brick wall right now raiding heroic EN and normal ToV at the moment, but it's still good to know that we can still get better gear from the same raid simply because of the WF/TF system.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yea, I play for raiding and RP'ing, doens't change the fact the expansion is dogshit and a failure in my eyes. If you can give me a game thats like wow but not wow, I'd be willing to try it out right on the spot. Even with my current guild which I value, which wasn't even named in my post.

Also, I don't pay my sub myself, I have others to do that, so might as well play.

It held my attention for a few weeks longer than WoD, at least that's something... I think WoW is just too old and we've seen it all, it'll never feel like Vanilla-WotLK or that first time you created your first character.

Agree with OP. People are too fussy, the game is wonderful. It's not perfect but the big gripes you see on the forums just don't effect the majority of the playerbase I think.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Titanforge/Warforge system is pure cancer
    It really is, I didn't mind the singular upgrade since it was introduced, but the possibility of a item scaling to 895 + socket, makes it a long repetitive grind if you actually want to try and maximize. Ever since vanilla, I've always felt a great feeling when I got a new item, and especially if I tried to grind it, now my only reaction is meh this can TF to 8XX and become better.

Legendaries are horrible!
    The legendaries don't feel too bad, problem is the giant power difference between them, for example the wrist for a fire mage, contra the mobility boots. If they were all sorta equal (2~5K DPS difference), it would be fine.

Artifact, the AP grind is cancer
    It's fine, however on an alt it can be disgusting for the first month (Catch-up mechanics coming).

World quests, I'm so sick and tired of doing them I wanna puke. But you have to do them, if you want to progress your character optimally.
    They are basically just redone dailies, it's fine. They are not really that important, people just think they are incredibly important. Even if you only went for AP world quest they take 10-15 min at max.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    In the old system kara would be the ONLY dungeon worth running anymore, in 7.2 the tomb dungeon would be the only one run etc etc. I'd much rather have a pool of 10+ dungeons that I've done dozens of times before rather than be limited to 1-2. Dungeons are fairly time intensive to create. If they fall off halfway through an expansion that's a lot of effort that is essentially wasted.
    I guess by "the old system" you mean without titanforge etc... Well, they could have locked karazhan to once a week, like they have already done and then mythic dungeons to daily, and keep M+ like they have now without any kind of titanforges.
    Last edited by Kwelbo; 2016-12-25 at 02:34 AM.

MOP >>> Cata > TBC > WOD >>> Wrath = Legion 5/10

Since MOP is the best, I have to curve down... so it's not that I think Wrath is bad, just that it wasn't as great as the others . I liked the leveling zones and music, but else left a lot to be desired. I hated the Argent Tourney and thus found myself mostly circling Dalaran. Legion is repetitive (RNG-y kind) and punishing (artifact, alts, professions). It may yet fix itself through patches, the game is more polished than ever, the developers have a plan and I don't think there'll be anything on the cutting floor this time.

MOP was the best because it was 100% original content and they did what they set out to do in the patches. Most expansions have strayed - 3.2 TotC, 2.3 Zul'Aman, 4.1 Troll Dungeons (wtf??), 6.1 being basically the official release of WOD, 6.2 being the only real WOD patch as they cut the expansion to hurry to Legion. In LEGION, Blizzard stands poised to deliver a trifecta of Karazhan-Tomb of Sargeras-Argus.