Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    For the sake of being open and transparent I have one BiS and one crap. I am still a middle of the pack player who hovers on the border of 70-80% percentile. I am under no delusion that getting a second BiS is going to magically catapult me into the 90th percentile on fights. Practicing my rotation and building overall gear stats is what will help me inch closer to that top level of play.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/18063311/10/
    If those are your logs you are doing fine.

If you want to get them higher you have to cheese dips not whatever you said

EDIT - this is for heroic and mythic EN
    don't cheese dips on mythic until you are facerolling
    Last edited by mmoc199d79f32a; 2016-12-25 at 01:30 AM.

Well much to peoples salt I am sure, I got the Ret #1 legendary yesterday. So now I have #1 and #2 equipped, with #3 in my bags (cloak, ring, belt). Come patch (post nerf + post buff in this case) I'll still have top two (cloak / belt). We will see if through the magic of orange I somehow ignore my playing deficiencies and catapult ahead. =/

Midnight Eternal Reins also dropped on the same kill. I guess the RNG Gods favor me. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You mean will increased stats have an effect on your performance in a game that's almost entirely based on stats?

Gotta put some hard thinking into that question, professor.
    Actually I dropped slightly in stats because I had to replace my 910 belt with an 865 I had in the bank.

More to the point, there is a difference in a performance boost and a total nuclear catapult because of one single item.

Pro Tip: There are Ret Paladins with less gear than me pulling better DPS being my point. The problem is me, not the items.

Deleted
    Well much to peoples salt I am sure, I got the Ret #1 legendary yesterday. So now I have #1 and #2 equipped, with #3 in my bags (cloak, ring, belt). Come patch (post nerf + post buff in this case) I'll still have top two (cloak / belt). We will see if through the magic of orange I somehow ignore my playing deficiencies and catapult ahead. =/

Midnight Eternal Reins also dropped on the same kill. I guess the RNG Gods favor me. =/
    No amount of playing the game will put you into the high heroic kill logs

you can hit Elerethe Renferal for the maximum amount of damage output possible and the ret pally that gets a tank friend to go to the third platform and break every single egg and use divine storm once will beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    No amount of playing the game will put you into the high heroic kill logs

you can hit Elerethe Renferal for the maximum amount of damage output possible and the ret pally that gets a tank friend to go to the third platform and break every single egg and use divine storm once will beat you.
    Yea stat padding can be fun. LOL

The least "legendary" versions has to be MoP cloak and WoD ring. Everyone had them, nothing special here.

Then of the "real" legendaries ; TF, Sulfuras, Warglaives and Thoridal was only dependant on RNG.

I think Cata and Wrath had the best system all in all, but as long as legendaries should be available for all, none of the earlier legendaries or distribution models seems better "for all" than the current in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    some accounts can be bugged and do 10% more damage damage but bosses are still going down and that's legendary for you.
    A bad design is a bad design.
    You've officially just taken the argument to a ridiculous place, bye.

Never did I say the design was good, for the record I'd rather they get rid of them all together because as its been said if people can find a 1% advantage they will use it and those that don't get to use it will CRY AND CRY AND CRY that its unfair for everyone else. I don't even want utility legendaries because people will still complain, if you had prydaz, sephuz, and elune boots people would still complain. Right now people would be like "OH MY GOD THE BOOTS ARE TOO STRONG BECAUSE THEY GET TO HAVE A SUPER REGROWTH." Then come 7.1.5 "OH MY GOD PRYDAZ IS TOO STRONG BECAUSE ITS LIKE HAVING VAL'ANYR."

Next raid I'll bring the cheese you bring the wine to the next raid with my ok legendaries and we can still skip through raid and collect our purples and get our hidden points towards our next legendaries, hopefully yours is better so you can stop complaining and worry about missing out on 5% damage that won't matter because you didn't hit the bosses enrage timer.

In closing,
    If you are so worried that not having a legendary puts your raid spot in jeopardy then you should be a better player because having a legendary and not having one doesn't change if you are a good player or not.

If you are so worried about 5 percentile on WL then you should continue to enjoy killing bosses because at the end of the day you can't parse without a boss kill.

If you just cannot believe that Blizz would put out a system like this that is flawed, then I'm just wondering what rock you've been living under. They make mistakes all the time in various aspects of the game, it happens and life will go on.

And while I agree there are some valid concerns from a small percentage of the player base that pushes progression it never fails when I see a "I got two crap legendaries this is unacceptable!" complaints you inevitably find the player looks like this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/20407215/10/

Look I know its not popular opinion, but again, BiS legendaries are not going to magically make a shitty player good. This is a prime example of why Blizzard has to decide carefully how to handle changing this system, if a change is even warranted at all.

For the sake of being open and transparent I have one BiS and one crap. I am still a middle of the pack player who hovers on the border of 70-80% percentile. I am under no delusion that getting a second BiS is going to magically catapult me into the 90th percentile on fights. Practicing my rotation and building overall gear stats is what will help me inch closer to that top level of play.

Since I actually have gotten a critical legendary, I agree that it hasn't really changed my performance very much.

But that makes me even more insistent on curtailing the asinine situation that's been created from having utility legendaries versus direct contribution legendaries. As a matter of fact, at this point, even if we were given every legendary, I'm shoe-horned into using only the same two of them, ever.

It's a real problem that really exists that deserves game developer attention and improvisation to address and prevent from occurring at such a magnitude again.

And while I agree there are some valid concerns from a small percentage of the player base that pushes progression it never fails when I see a "I got two crap legendaries this is unacceptable!" complaints you inevitably find the player looks like this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/20407215/10/

Look I know its not popular opinion, but again, BiS legendaries are not going to magically make a shitty player good. This is a prime example of why Blizzard has to decide carefully how to handle changing this system, if a change is even warranted at all.

I have 4 shitty legendaries. I still parse in the 80s and 90s. It's still fucking bull shit. I will probably quit the game over how fucking retarded legendaries are. Putting TONS of time in and not getting rewarded is a fucking insult. Fuck Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    I have 4 shitty legendaries. I still parse in the 80s and 90s. It's still fucking bull shit. I will probably quit the game over how fucking retarded legendaries are. Putting TONS of time in and not getting rewarded is a fucking insult. Fuck Blizzard.
    Rewarded with what? You are parsing in the 80s and 90s.

Are you in a mythic progression guild?

Are you not pulling your weight? Are you performing better than your team mates?

Context matters here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    what class/spec has 4 shitty legendaries?

Most specs do, actually.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Most specs do, actually.
    Most specs? which class has that

It was a bad question - its really subjective - anything not bis is shit I guess and some tanks want damage legendaries some want tankiness "shittiness" changes

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    It was a different game a year ago, I'm a different hockey player then I was in college. Time past, I've changed my style due to changing teams it happpens. So then compete with the people who have the same legendaries, thats all I worry about and I seem to be killing content fine. 7/7m 3/3m. I didn't get the best legendaries on my warlock, I still compete as one of the top warlocks with the legendaries I have.

Clearly I'm not competitive enough because I don't sweat the petty stuff, clearly that is the case.

This is what you sound like.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't introduce anything other then stat sticks if you want it to be 'fair' so just think about that. If you think the D3 team knows how to make gear then you have no idea what you are talking about bud, I really can't say more then that. The game is bad nothing is fixed from the systems that were in D2 IMO, I guess it has a new coat of paint though so its cool.
    Considering they (D3 devs) managed to see what was wrong with the first system in place with legendaries you would think they would know how to implement them correctly for WoW. They also managed to make seasonal gear where most classes could obtain close to the same Rift level with no giant gaps between them. Yes, there were better classes for solo, 2, 3, 4 groups, but that's not the issue. It's the same implementation that started D3, and it's odd they would try it again.

every spec has at least 4, neck, seph, armor type specific legendary and class wide legendary

Well honestly, legendaries are just the current excuse for bad performance. People don't generally like to admit they suck, it causes cognative dissodance and (ussually) conflicts with their opinion of themselves. If they didn't have legendaries to complain about, class balance would be the problem, or gear, or their team mates, or boss mechanics.

People will complain regardless of "balance" because then they don't have to aknowledge their own need to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get 95+ ranks for most fights without either of the two BiS legendaries for boomkin, and this legendary system makes me want to quit sometimes.

Knowing it's gonna take more than 300 m+ until next legendary, and it's going to be during Nighthold with the two new legendaries bloating chances for something good is just sad.

Last edited by Slippykins; 2016-12-25 at 07:33 AM.

5 legendarys for my DH still don't have bis ring, I simply can't parse 100 on fights because I don't have it 99 all day. System is horrible.

Don't take them seriously, just let them all quit in frustration. That's a great system

Even without the (very obvious) performance problems, the system is retarded simply because people get multiple "legendaries" purely based on luck and their pure shit "bad luck protection". Amazing stuff should drop for people that do amazing things, not for every lucky retard that can put 10 hours a day in mythic+. Sometimes it seems that all the capable people at Blizzard waked away and the ones left are all taking huge amounts of mind altering mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrinn View Post
    5 legendarys for my DH still don't have bis ring, I simply can't parse 100 on fights because I don't have it 99 all day. System is horrible.
    so you are parsing 95 % instead of 100 % - who the f.. cares really - people like you are 0,1 % of playerbase - negligible - stop trying to f.. over the game for 99,9 % of players - people liek you are reason why we ended with wod :/