Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    People protest because they DON'T have the ability to go about their lives just fine.

I am sure every single slave in the USA was afraid of pissing off their masters.

But one day, they decided it was worth it.
    Yeah, protests are usually done by people who are hungry, bored, and who feel powerless and oppressed. Others who have enough money and are generally content like to put down these people, they tell them to get better jobs, stop being lazy, etc. Protesters have generally done this, they want jobs where their skills are recognized and they can get by in life with.

And of course, these protests have been increasing with time, and increasing as the wealth gap increases, increasing as others put them down. These people blame the poor as for why they're poor. "It's all your fault, nobody else's!" Of course, many of those who once put down others for protesting about not having jobs or wealth, are now themselves shit out of luck. They are unemployed and force to live off the government dole. Either that or they are too proud to live off the government dole, and live in shacks and starve.

Of course, these are the people who blame immigrants for why they don't have money. They blame poor people taking welfare checks. They blame taxes. They blame international corporations who ship jobs and manufacturing overseas. They blame everyone but themselves. It's not THEIR fault that they're poor, it's EVERYONE ELSE. But the funniest part is, they blame the PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE MONEY. Even in poverty, they refuse to blame the people hoarding all of the wealth. They'll continue to suck the dicks of their corporate overlords and refuse to hold them accountable for their taxes, while corporate overlords pay less than 10% effective corporate taxes.

Another thing I find terribly, hilarious ironic is the people on this forum - and other spaces on the internet - those who call others lazy for not having money, those who tell others to stop being lazy and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, are silver spoon babies. They're the house wives/hubbies of hard working spouses.

Someone on this very forum, who whines about SJWs who steal from the government, who whines about SJWs shitting on hard working cishet whites, has been living off her parents well into her 30s. She got her parents to pay for her uni, and then her grad school. She's now making her spouse pay for everything, and continues to shit on "lazy" SJWs. As a fucking history major, she makes fun of women's studies majors (you may not believe it, but women's studies starting salary is 20-40k above history majors). And who knows if she's even going to do anything with her history masters? She tries to sound insightful and thought provoking, but then slips in some irrelevant insults at SJWs/feminists. Knowing her history, her posts just sound pathetic and hilarious.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    anyone that is willing to put others of the general public in danger don't deserve to have me hear them, and for safely I'd rather have them locked up if they care that little about others.
    Hard to care about the safety of others when your own life is not safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah, protests are usually done by people who are hungry, bored, and who feel powerless and oppressed. Others who have enough money and are generally content like to put down these people, they tell them to get better jobs, stop being lazy, etc. Protesters have generally done this, they want jobs where their skills are recognized and they can get by in life with.

And of course, these protests have been increasing with time, and increasing as the wealth gap increases, increasing as others put them down. These people blame the poor as for why they're poor. "It's all your fault, nobody else's!" Of course, many of those who once put down others for protesting about not having jobs or wealth, are now themselves shit out of luck. They are unemployed and force to live off the government dole. Either that or they are too proud to live off the government dole, and live in shacks and starve.

Of course, these are the people who blame immigrants for why they don't have money. They blame poor people taking welfare checks. They blame taxes. They blame international corporations who ship jobs and manufacturing overseas. They blame everyone but themselves. It's not THEIR fault that they're poor, it's EVERYONE ELSE. But the funniest part is, they blame the PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE MONEY. Even in poverty, they refuse to blame the people hoarding all of the wealth. They'll continue to suck the dicks of their corporate overlords and refuse to hold them accountable for their taxes, while corporate overlords pay less than 10% effective corporate taxes.

Another thing I find terribly, hilarious ironic is the people on this forum - and other spaces on the internet - those who call others lazy for not having money, those who tell others to stop being lazy and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, are silver spoon babies. They're the house wives/hubbies of hard working spouses.

Someone on this very forum, who whines about SJWs who steal from the government, who whines about SJWs shitting on hard working cishet whites, has been living off her parents well into her 30s. She got her parents to pay for her uni, and then her grad school. She's now making her spouse pay for everything, and continues to shit on "lazy" SJWs. As a fucking history major, she makes fun of women's studies majors (you may not believe it, but women's studies starting salary is 20-40k above history majors). And who knows if she's even going to do anything with her history masters? She tries to sound insightful and thought provoking, but then slips in some irrelevant insults at SJWs/feminists. Knowing her history, her posts just sound pathetic and hilarious.
    his analogy was stupid, protesting against the masters are aiming your protest at the right people (the people that wronged you) pissing of some random people on the highway is more like going to the north and pissing off the people you want to help support you.

- - - Updated - - -

well hell so it's ok in your mind to put people in danger because you are, so by that logic you're ok with a bill saying it's legal to run the protester down sweet see a nice compromise.

it's ok in your mind to put people in danger because you are.
    I never voiced my opinion on this issue at all.

The fact is, the less safe someone feels, the less they care if you feel safe.

They also start to think that if they HAVE to feel unsafe and YOU do not, that protesting this fact in the way of YOUR safe life is a good idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's rather frightening how many people in this thread are willing to allow a law that could take away the constitutional rights of a citizen for being "disruptive". Such a broad, generic, open-ended and completely abusable term. I'd think these people were trolling/joking if I didn't know they had a tendency of right wing authoritarianism and a lack of affinity for freedom.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I never voiced my opinion on this issue at all.

The fact is, the less safe someone feels, the less they care if you feel safe.

They also start to think that if they HAVE to feel unsafe and YOU do not, that protesting this fact in the way of YOUR safe life is a good idea.
    so you're saying they are a danger and need to be put down for the public's safety harsh.. but moving in the right direction. *and if someone is breaking the law they have little right to feel safe and I don't see a law baring someone standing in the highway as a unjust law.

If people feel they have no other recourse, they will protest, correct.
    then they can suffer the consquences of doing it and disrupting peoples lifes. The freedom to assemble and freedom of speech does not mean you can do w/e the fuck you want, it means your free to say them but your also free to deal with the reprocushions when you break the law, blocking streets and highways is allready illegal, the police for some reason dont have the balls to arrest them on it.

you're saying they are a danger.
    No, YOU are.

I am saying they are IN danger and you have the choice to help them or not when they make this fact known to you by protesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the more logical solution would be just to make it legal to run people over if they choose to stand in the road protesting.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's rather frightening how many people in this thread are willing to allow a law that could take away the constitutional rights of a citizen for being "disruptive". Such a broad, generic, open-ended and completely abusable term. I'd think these people were trolling/joking if I didn't know they had a tendency of right wing authoritarianism and a lack of affinity for freedom.
    so you think just becuase people are upset with something that happened, they should have the right to disrupt your life, to endanger other people, to shut down public service ways, streets, roads, buisness's?

No, YOU are.

I am saying they are IN danger and you have the choice to help them or not when they make this fact known to you by protesting.
    no you said they feel unsafe and feel it's alight to make others unsafe, so therefor they are a danger to the general public no way round it. (guess a group that wished harm to the general public would seem to fall correctly under the term terrorist)

feel it's alight to make others unsafe
    I never said they think its OK.

I said they think its a good idea.

Because they are ALREADY unsafe, so protesting in the way of YOUR safe life can only make things better for them, not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I think the more logical solution would be just to make it legal to run people over if they choose to stand in the road protesting.
    see I'm good with that too, I have a ole chevy truck I don't drive much, but could break it out and put a cow catcher on the front of it....

- - - Updated - - -

I never said they think its OK.

I said they think its a good idea.

Because they are ALREADY unsafe, so protesting in the way of YOUR safe life can only make things better for them, not worse.
    you can try and word it differently (not really working right) but they are making the motorist unsafe no way around it.....

they are making the motorist unsafe
    Yes, they are. But only because they feel they have no other recourse.

Yes, they are. But only because they feel they have no other recourse.
    so your saying the motorist are free to run them down because they have no other recourse and should be free to do so, seem you're doing circles here?

First world problems: I dont feel safe, therefor I am entitled to endanger others.

Good logic. People like you just need to go, permanently.

so your saying the motorist are free to run them down because they have no other recourse and should be free to do so, seem you're doing circles here?
    If they can't avoid them, of course they have no other recourse. If they can avoid them, then they have another recourse.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-25 at 03:04 AM.

Oh America, land of the "free"

And yet, here's South Korea, doing it better than you ever will.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VLWeIgOlA

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    First world problems: I dont feel safe, therefor I am entitled to endanger others.

Good logic. People like you just need to go, permanently.
    Protesting is not about entitlement. If they were entitled to have what they felt they needed, they would not be protesting.

If they can't stop on time, of course they have no other recourse. If they can stop on time, then they have another recourse.
    having know people that have nearly got killed in traffic backups (got rear ended by a semi and pushed into a barrier and some close calls myself people not paying attention and almost rear ending me) even stopping in time can put you in danger, the best bet is to keep moving and plow though for your own safety. just being in the backup is a danger. (unavoidable are bad enough don't need to add to it by people doing it intentionally)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Oh America, land of the "free"

And yet, here's South Korea, doing it better than you ever will.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_VLWeIgOlA
    is it really free if some random members of the general public have the power to detain you?