Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not really too concerned about terror or crime - as Jones explains in the linked essay, overall impact on culture and demographic shifts are much more of a concern to me.
    The US has experienced and survived many demographic shifts throughout the years; this is new thing for most European countries. And.... I didn't know we really had a culture. Depending on my mood, I can eat classic French, gresy American, traditional Chinese from several regions, traditional Thai from several regions, traditional Mexican from several regions. Replace "traditional" with "fusion" in any of that and I have it too. All within a couple miles of my house. Missed a few in there... Somali, Afghani, Liberian, Moroccan etc.

What's so special demographics and culture? As a rational actor, I should move into a district that isn't blue-locked so that my vote actually matters

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts
    But by golly, them American's are so racist!
    All I said on the topic is that "immigrants", legal or otherwise, is often used as racial coding. That is all

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Its progressive for "Colored Person"
    Colored is pretty outdated, unless you're specifically referring to the Coloureds of South Africa which are the mixed descendants of European and Asian settlers and Indigenous South African groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The US has experienced and survived many demographic shifts throughout the years; this is new thing for most European countries. And.... I didn't know we really had a culture. Depending on my mood, I can eat classic French, gresy American, traditional Chinese from several regions, traditional Thai from several regions, traditional Mexican from several regions. Replace "traditional" with "fusion" in any of that and I have it too. All within a couple miles of my house. Missed a few in there... Somali, Afghani, Liberian, Moroccan etc.

What's so special demographics and culture? As a rational actor, I should move into a district that isn't blue-locked so that my vote actually matters

All I said on the topic is that "immigrants", legal or otherwise, is often used as racial coding. That is all
    What's so special about culture he asks while having refered to the most shallow aspects of culture. What a joke. Culture is what's responsible for peoples behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    What's so special about culture he asks while having refered to the most shallow aspects of culture. What a joke. Culture is what's responsible for peoples behavior.
    I'm curious now. I have a diffeferent culture from my roomette. Should I kick her out?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Middle east or Africa. As long as the culture is completely contrary to western liberal values so we can prove how tolerant we are as we watch every thing our ancestors built burn.

Because how can politicans divide and conquer without immigrants that have completely different set of values than people in Western World?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I really like how OP played POC card just to say "I'm not racist since I'm not white". POC implies that everyone is better from PONC (people of no-color), or that only POC can suffer from racism.

And about immigrants - ofc it would be better if similar cultures would merge together instead bringing cultures which do not allow women to drive.
    yes yes he is racist but you're saying he is evil not that he does not have a point.

It is ridiculous to think that people from extreme far right conservative theocracies are culturally compatible with people from secular democracies

This is why I would never consider emigrating to saudi arabia because i know as a eastern european i would never be able to fit in since allot of my culture is baned in that area (public lashings for alchool for instance)

So the OP does ask a valid question. Why not get people from other compatible cultures like asians for instance? or europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    This is Globalization. You don't get to choose what you want to enter your country if you allow it. You take the whole package or reject it all. Also, immigrants are more likely to be affected by the culture of the country not the other way around.

I won't blame you for not wanting immigrants due to fear of change of culture. But I will blame you if you accept them & expect them to adapt to your culture.
    It's mainly quality and quantity, too many unskilled and uneducated people, regardless of their faith or culture (although that plays a big part in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Look, I'm pro-immigration (albeit with an emphasis on STEM-educated immigrants) and I understand that with much of the developed world, stabilizing birthrates, there may be a need for imported work (although automation is fast taking over most menial labor jobs).

However, what's with the big push to let MENA people into Western Europe over other cultures? Obviously Syrian refugees are different from immigrants. But why not push for immigration or migrant workers from more culturally compatible regions of the world? There are plenty of young workers from Latin America with Western values (.i.e. Catholicism, Spanish culture) for example.
    Plainly put, intellectuals in Europe feel bad over the colonial times and somehow feel that they should make amends. This has manifested in various forms throughout the years, but generally speaking, it has meant accepting a high influx of uncompatible migrants from said former colonies. Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Lebanon etc.
    Furthermore, the Middle-East is in great social and economic problems, and the leading class of Europe, oftentimes very left-oriented, feel like it's their obligation to help the ME out and loosen that noose the residents of the ME have placed around their countries neck.

As for the STEM-educated people from Mid-Americas, China, India etc. Europe are actually inviting a fair share in, but generally speaking, the best STEM-people from these regions prefer the US because pay is better. Perhaps also because STEMS and academics from India, China and Mid-Americas has Spanish or English as well-versed language - this also suits life in the US better.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    yes yes he is racist but you're saying he is evil not that he does not have a point.
    No no, he is not evil I just really despise that "POC" term made by SJW. It is like fuel to race wars. I agree people should focus on cultures instead, where as you mentioned some Asians (not race) would not fit as they eat dogs and cats (unless they could stop themselves lol).

btw are you that Romanian guy from YouTube?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm curious now. I have a diffeferent culture from my roomette. Should I kick her out?
    Strawman more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Strawman more.
    Should I kick him out too?

Deleted
    >I'm curious now. I have a diffeferent culture from my roomette. Should I kick her out?

depends, does she force people to submit to her religion, does she commit crime, does she kill dogs, does she live off of welfare, does she have a tendency to "sexually assault" anyone and everyone she sees?

Deleted
    I guess North Africa is counted right?