Will 7.1.5 be our window to develop alts and off-specs?

As I understand it, we will not get new artifact traits until 7.2.

I fully expect to have my MS artifact maxed – 54 ranks – before January 17. With no reason to farm artifact power on my main spec, I will have loads more time to develop alts or work on my off-spec.

Does this sound right, or am I missing something? What are the rest of you thinking?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Yea pretty much alt time

Anything goes to keep cows milked.
    Unssubed after a few weeks of actual playtime in Legion.

I think you can develop alts and off-specs anytime.

This community obsession with min-maxing is hilarious. "Hai gais I'm in a World 2000 guild but if I put a days worth of AP in my off-spec I'm getting behind. Also that offspec won't be viable until x traits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

This community obsession with min-maxing is hilarious. "Hai gais I'm in a World 2000 guild but if I put a days worth of AP in my off-spec I'm getting behind. Also that offspec won't be viable until x traits!"
    Stream culture. Monkeys tend to do the same things that they see on a screen from someone else's perspective.
    Unssubed after a few weeks of actual playtime in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

People do overreact to this, but you have to consider that outside of attunements, this is the first time there's been such a significant time-related barrier for bringing a character up to speed. I'd say it was "unprecedented" but I hate the casual use of that word almost as much as "paradigm."

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    "Significant time-related barrier"?

I got my third OS from 0 to 3 gold traits in about 10 WQs.
    That's nice. Good thing you didn't re-roll and lose all that sweet sweet Artifact Knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    People do overreact to this, but you have to consider that outside of attunements, this is the first time there's been such a significant time-related barrier for bringing a character up to speed. I'd say it was "unprecedented" but I hate the casual use of that word almost as much as "paradigm."
    Depends what is "up-to-speed", gearing goes alot faster compared to the first 3 weeks when ppl got their mains raid ready, AK goes a bit faster. In our guild i see alts getting up to 860-870 ilvl in a week or 2 tops, less when lucky, combined with AK catch-up after those 2 weeks those characters are about the same powerlevel as mains were after heroic-only week if you put in some effort (less than you had to put into main). Now they won't do the dps dat mains do after getting AP / gear since release but they should be powerful enough to start running heroic raids or even Mythic with your guild.

And if your guild does not mind boosting and has the power for it, you could be raiding straight after getting 110 and cathup even faster.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-12-25 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's nice. Good thing you didn't re-roll and lose all that sweet sweet Artifact Knowledge.
    I rerolled my main to help out mates raiding guild at around 15 or 13 AK xD It;s not that big of a issue, I would make a fuss about it if I had to go out and physically do something, but just slapping a work order every two days (until it caught up then the normal time) and collecting it is piss easy. And frankly, if your re rolling a class after the first few AKs, your more than likely not in the running for server firsts

I have no idea how people are able to get 54 ranks so quickly. I have had absolutely no time to play any alts for a significant amount of time this expansion. I barely am able to clear Kara/EN/ToV/+12 Dungeon for the chest every week. But I don't really care, I feel like this expansion we finally can play 1 character without being bored. I do think they could've made AP account-wide though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, didn't have much trouble with alts yet. Though, it'll be faster.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dunno, didn't have much trouble with alts yet. Though, it'll be faster.
    Nothing in the game is 'trouble'
    It's just a silly game. But I have had so much to do on my main, and I do enjoy playing him, so I haven't gotten around to alts much. Benhir is 889 atm with 44 ranks in his MS artifact and 26 ranks in OS. Felfaadaern is 864 with maybe 31 in his MS artifact and none in his OS.

I may even get to catch up on some real life stuff <gasp!> in 7.1.5

I think a lot of players are eyeing a lot of grinding coming with AK25 in 9 days, though I need to know what spec to actually do it in, given balance changes, lol. 54 in 3 specs is a bit much

At the very least I'm not actively AP grinding until AK25. Bleeding edges guilds will want their players have 54 or close to it going into Nighthold. Just a matter of doing Maw of Souls endlessly...certainly gets repetitive. Have to ask yourself is this worth my free time or not. If you enjoy it, go for it

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think a lot of players are eyeing a lot of grinding coming with AK25 in 9 days, though I need to know what spec to actually do it in, given balance changes, lol. 54 in 3 specs is a bit much

At the very least I'm not actively AP grinding until AK25. Bleeding edges guilds will want their players have 54 or close to it going into Nighthold. Just a matter of doing Maw of Souls endlessly...certainly gets repetitive. Have to ask yourself is this worth my free time or not. If you enjoy it, go for it
    Had this conversation with a guild mate last night. I haven't been doing the Maw carries, even though I love that instance, because I prefer to mix it up. I log on briefly in the mornings to catch up on WQs - just the AP and emissary ones - and tank one random H dungeon for the satchel. When I log in again in the evening, my guild mates are on and I spend the evening tanking for them. Raid two nights a week, with M+ on the other nights. Occasional RBGs for a change of pace. Great thing about the AP system is being able to farm it so many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Nothing in the game is 'trouble'
    It's just a silly game. But I have had so much to do on my main, and I do enjoy playing him, so I haven't gotten around to alts much. Benhir is 889 atm with 44 ranks in his MS artifact and 26 ranks in OS. Felfaadaern is 864 with maybe 31 in his MS artifact and none in his OS.

I may even get to catch up on some real life stuff <gasp!> in 7.1.5
    Only thing stopping me from going fast with alts and their leveling, is the fact, I have too much to do but I love it so, I want the game to keep me going!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..