AP question - Holy full unlocked, should i bother with Silver Touch?

Greetings
    I only do pug normals and heroics every now and then.
    Never will do mythics.

Is there really a point in wasting AP that could be going into ret`s Ashbringers light (5%dmg+) considering i am able to acomplish what i need to in my normal, heroic pugs as a healer with just the standard trait set?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The 35th point is worth it for sure. (I assume you mean raids)
    I did, atm i am standing at 870, nothing too impressive but i feel so far its more than enough to heal in normals and heroic pugs without the need of +5%, let alone anything beyond that.

That is why i was considering dumping the AP into ret, can never do enough dmg

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Greetings
    I only do pug normals and heroics every now and then.
    Never will do mythics.

Is there really a point in wasting AP that could be going into ret`s Ashbringers light (5%dmg+) considering i am able to acomplish what i need to in my normal, heroic pugs as a healer with just the standard trait set?
    I am going for the 6% then dumping points into my ret weapon for a while until I get more AP knowledge.

Yes you should at least get the first point in it.

Assuming your artifact knowledge is current, you can get at least a couple gold traits with less than one emissary AP reward, so you wouldn't really be missing out on much if you wanted to improve your holy weapon a bit.

yeah, at the very least it's worth it to get the first paragon trait perk, anything beyond that is for people who are trying to min/max their toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a similar question but alittle different but since this thread is already made, for the 7.2 traits do we need to lvl this stacking trait to full? or just get it and be done till then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    This is a similar question but alittle different but since this thread is already made, for the 7.2 traits do we need to lvl this stacking trait to full? or just get it and be done till then?
    You wont need all 54 points. I believe they said you just needed to get the 34th point. Even if you need the 35th point, its worth it to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    You wont need all 54 points. I believe they said you just needed to get the 34th point. Even if you need the 35th point, its worth it to get.
    Ohh...ok I'm almost lvl 39 on my ret wep....think I'm done lvling that then.

Ohh...ok I'm almost lvl 39 on my ret wep....think I'm done lvling that then.
    In my opinion that's the smartest thing to do unless you're super-serious. Just get to your 5% and then fill out your other weapons for specs you often use.

There's pretty much no reason to ever bank AP either because they can gate any new "4th tier" traits behind even more absurd levels of AP and most of those traits won't be worth as much as a 1% power gain anyway.

Also once you're at AK 15 or higher I'd say completing two of the warden shackle giving world quests and one emissary will give enough AP to fill out a weapon to two golden dragon traits or thereabouts. So there's not really a huge need to bank away on the chance that suddenly say frost is better than fire for a mage or your guild suddenly really needs a tank but you've only specced holy and ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    In my opinion that's the smartest thing to do unless you're super-serious. Just get to your 5% and then fill out your other weapons for specs you often use.

There's pretty much no reason to ever bank AP either because they can gate any new "4th tier" traits behind even more absurd levels of AP and most of those traits won't be worth as much as a 1% power gain anyway.

Also once you're at AK 15 or higher I'd say completing two of the warden shackle giving world quests and one emissary will give enough AP to fill out a weapon to two golden dragon traits or thereabouts. So there's not really a huge need to bank away on the chance that suddenly say frost is better than fire for a mage or your guild suddenly really needs a tank but you've only specced holy and ret.
    I'm AK lvl 23 so not too worried about lvling the other weps but still....I don't play prot or holy soo guess its time for me to just focus on alts and just gear myself out for nighthold...more time for my brewmaster then.

Deleted
    Ha. I came to ask this. Guess I don't need to make my own topic.

I am 35 in Holy, AK = 23, and wanted to see what others think. My Ashbringer was already 17 by the time I finished leveling/some of Suramar before I decided to play Holy instead to actually find groups, so I suppose it's best to go up to 35 on that now.

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    I am going for the 6% then dumping points into my ret weapon for a while until I get more AP knowledge.

Yes you should at least get the first point in it.
    I'm at trait 39 right now, so 7%, I think it's still worth it.

Honestly it's so easy to get past trait 35. The cost only increases by 100k each time which is nothing. AK level 22 gives me 70k AP from the elite EQ and 57k AP from 5-9 mythic+. It's crazy.

I might just start putting traits into ret though. In at like 25 or 26 and kinda wanna get to 35 or so in Ashbringer.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-25 at 09:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that you'll be able to put out an extra point in all of your minor traits later on.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I'm AK lvl 23 so not too worried about lvling the other weps but still....I don't play prot or holy soo guess its time for me to just focus on alts and just gear myself out for nighthold...more time for my brewmaster then.
    It really does come down to personal preference and playstyle.

I've got 4 110's and one 109 right now and it's not too hard to keep everyone up to date on 2 artifacts and will get even easier when nighthold is out in 3 weeks. So if you're really into just one spec go ahead and keep rolling on it by doing your emissaries and even if your main doesn't get as much play time it's not going to fall super-behind everyone else.

My advice is to diversify into three branches, because I actually did that and now I have 3 full artifacts at the sacrifice of perhaps 3% dps on my main.

Not a bad feeling for sure, though being melee sucks if even one boss in Nighthold is like ToV, but when it comes to the question of raising up another Alt Character entirely, uh, nah, except I have questions about artifact appearances.\

Is Now, and the Rest of Legion, the ONLY time I'll be able to farm up those alternate Feral Skins for a Druid, ever?! Would be shitty, still so many questions to answer!

EDIT: Also remember, I only found this out yesterday, that extra Stamina gained from putting in ranks CAPS at 35 so there's even less reason to invest in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    My advice is to diversify into three branches, because I actually did that and now I have 3 full artifacts at the sacrifice of perhaps 3% dps on my main.

Not a bad feeling for sure, though being melee sucks if even one boss in Nighthold is like ToV, but when it comes to the question of raising up another Alt Character entirely, uh, nah, except I have questions about artifact appearances.\

Is Now, and the Rest of Legion, the ONLY time I'll be able to farm up those alternate Feral Skins for a Druid, ever?! Would be shitty, still so many questions to answer!

EDIT: Also remember, I only found this out yesterday, that extra Stamina gained from putting in ranks CAPS at 35 so there's even less reason to invest in one.
    They answered that in the artifact Q&A already..

You'll be able to farm the skins even when legion is over, but you can only transmog them if you've obtained them during legion. They said they want people who played legion to be able to show something for it and they're doing that through artifact appearances.

So if you want to mog the skins, get them during legion. If you only care about having the skins, then you can do it now or after legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They answered that in the artifact Q&A already..

You'll be able to farm the skins even when legion is over, but you can only transmog them if you've obtained them during legion. They said they want people who played legion to be able to show something for it and they're doing that through artifact appearances.

So if you want to mog the skins, get them during legion. If you only care about having the skins, then you can do it now or after legion.
    Stupid question and quite off topic... regarding skins and legion/after legion aquirance.. how does this affects druid forms?
    For instance are they tied to obtained skins (mogs)? That is.. if you obtained artifact skins during legion and use them as transmog after legion will current Feral/Guard forms be tied to mog used or they are simply gone after Legion?

If they are tied to skins obtained during legion, excuse me, but it looks like Druids are far too good to pass at ANY point in Legion, those skins do look epic.
    If they are not tied to skins.. i guess that they will be available in one form or another (via glyphs?), its far too much work and they are reallyyy looking good to become obsolete after Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Stupid question and quite off topic... regarding skins and legion/after legion aquirance.. how does this affects druid forms?
    For instance are they tied to obtained skins (mogs)? That is.. if you obtained artifact skins during legion and use them as transmog after legion will current Feral/Guard forms be tied to mog used or they are simply gone after Legion?

If they are tied to skins obtained during legion, excuse me, but it looks like Druids are far too good to pass at ANY point in Legion, those skins do look epic.
    If they are not tied to skins.. i guess that they will be available in one form or another (via glyphs?), its far too much work and they are reallyyy looking good to become obsolete after Legion.
    Not a dumb question at all considering Blizzard doesn't even know yet.

They basically said they're in the process of figuring out how to let Druids keep their forms after legion and use them as well. So, we don't know how they plan to do it all we know is they're working on something.