Off-Topic but still worth the post.

This is really one for the record books. We had the two most disliked candidates in American history running side by side and we most accurately summed up with the saying "Like choosing between a demon and the Devil". Then the Devil won because the demon repeatedly cheated and actually intentionally put the devil there for the easy win as the lesser evil.

*Then since then we have the Democrats who still can't accept why they lost and blame everyone but themselves for cheat, ignoring and insulting their own voter base.

*We have the Republicans who can't accept how they won and actually think they won based on their merits with a buffoon like Trump who is even selling them out and not hiding it. With some of them thinking he actually won by the vote even though he lost by 2.8 million or think the Electoral College's job was to offset the votes in the bigger states by giving the smaller ones more power when the fact is the winner-take-all approach actually steals the power from the voters, even in the small states, more than a straight popular vote would.

*We even have people who thinks the electors did their jobs except when you look at their actual job, only 7 of the electors did their job while the rest all proved the EC no longer serves even that purpose and has no reason for existing as it serves no purpose but to disenfranchise voters in every state which should be illegal at this point.

*Now, we will see get to see Obama step down. the president who spent his entire presidency being blocked and lied about by the republicans and even blamed for their shit for the past year actually rewarded for selling the nation out for their parties power. As an extension of this, he is also the president who attacked the transparency of the nation and extended the same surveillance programs he vowed to remove and he had abused himself and now all that extended power than even he should have never had now gets passed.

*The mantle gets passed onto the upcoming Lying Freeloading Commander and Chump Trump. A man who lied through his teeth the entire election and basically had more opinions on issues than Mitt Romney and even admitted he was lying on camera after he won the general. A man who's big claim to fame is him lying about his business prowess and downplaying his inheritance all while he is worth less than if he never worked a day in his life. A man who has literally been a freeloader off the American taxpayer, his clients, his investors, and his father his entirely adult life. And a man who's every pick is to dismantle every program he can and who's every policy is to sell out this nation and its people to the rich and rack us up with debt just so he can become the billionaire he pretends to be now and let the rich rake in the cash while doing so.

*So as an added bonus, we get to see countless people try and celebrate selling their children's future and the welfare of this nation out with glee and mountains of willful ignorance of the topic and will probably never accept it even after the fact and will either blame the damage he does on the guy who replaces him just like they blamed Bush on Obama or will play some other mental gymnastics to try and blame even his actions as some delayed reaction to Obama policies.

My big question is will Trump give us another depression (if we are this lucky) or will he lead us into a full on depression or a collapse. And then after all that is done, will the children of the generation that sold them out elect another FDR to fix it, double down and make it worse or will something else come along. Honestly don't know because with how authoritarian as Trump is, I am not sure what level of information we will get after him as the media will probably be even less informative and he is pushing appointments to net neutrality which has the potential to get the internet and make getting access to actual information harder for the common person.

The history books will definitely remember these days in the future decades and probably around the world and not for anything good unless something happens that goes against Trumps picks and plans so far.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Electoral College was created to keep crrooked, incompetent politicians like Crooked Hillary, who have no place in our government at all, out of the White House. I'd say it did it's job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    The Electoral College was created to keep crrooked, incompetent politicians like Crooked Hillary, who have no place in our government at all, out of the White House. I'd say it did it's job.
    Actually it was created for the exact opposite reason.

To prevent the people from electing populist demagogues, unqualified idiots, etc., and ensure someone qualified (insofar as the electors were concerned) was elected to lead the country.

In that regard, it has failed miserably this cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    "Hey, if we remove 18% of the US population, the totals swing!"
    Color me surprised. Not sure why you'd add "so called" before popular vote. There's nothing that should imply a popular vote is anything more than the entire total of votes.
    Don't you find it funny how these people keep talking about the statistics, such as the popular vote, if you remove California, as if removing California is in any way important to statistics in regards to elections above or below any other state?

For all their crying that the middle American states were forgotten, or chastising Democrats for "marginalizing middle America" as the reason Democrats lost, they sure did and do a lot of saying "Fuck the coast states!" Hell, pretty sure I saw ten times more "fuck California" sentiment from the right than I ever saw "fuck the middle states" from the left.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The funny part about it all is, if she'd have won all these people would be shouting "the system works" from the rooftops

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Really though, you're so desperate to catch me in some kind of double standard that you haven't even bothered to ascertain what my position on these matters is first.
    These people literally make up platforms and opinions for us, assuming that we have said opinions or support said platforms. 99% of my posts are literally just knocking asshats off of their high horses by pointing out how morally bankrupt, hypocritical, or hilariously unrealistic their opinions are, or otherwise just pointing out what terrible people they are. They then somehow formulate from holding up a mirror to how awful they are as human beings means I'm leftie scum. Mostly because all of the deplorable and morally bankrupt opinions on these forums are right wing in nature. The few times I do post my political stances, it's centrist with a slight left lean libertarianism and people go NO WAY YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT, YOU'RE SOME COMMIE FEMINIST SJW!

If anyone reading these forums seriously thinks there's any deplorable leftie opinions on here, they haven't visited tumblr or any feminist blogs in awhile. If anyone thinks any leftie opinion on here about the economy is even close to communism, I'll have a good laugh at their expense.

This forum is filled with a bunch of "American" lefties which is to say, moderate right, and a bunch of mid right to far right. All of our mid left and far left posters either left or got banned. Most of them got permanently banned. For all the crying Tony and others do about moderation bias on these forums, it certainly seems strange that we've had people actively calling for the deaths of minorities and demanding that women get back in line and lose their rights are still posting on these forums (Albeit much more civilly now than they used to), and yet people suggesting money be redistributed were perma banned long ago.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It doesn't matter whose name is on the ballot -- the point is that the legal force applied by your vote is only on who shall be the slate of electors from your state to the electoral college.
    Yes it does, I refer you to the English language. The following statement is 100% false:

No citizen has ever voted for a President.
    QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Can we compromise on "citizens who didn't understand what the vote they cast was actually accomplishing procedurally, have 'voted for a president', albeit to no direct effect"? Which is to say, "people that don't understand Article II and Amendment XII of the Constitution, exist"?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Actually it was created for the exact opposite reason.

To prevent the people from electing populist demagogues, unqualified idiots, etc., and ensure someone qualified (insofar as the electors were concerned) was elected to lead the country.

In that regard, it has failed miserably this cycle.
    but the way in which the electoral college system works DOES do what you described, by reducing the impact of areas of dense population (large cities), where demagogues typically have the greatest effect.

nevertheless, people say that the election would have gone Hillary's way if the popular vote decided the result, but who is to say that the popular vote tally would have stayed the same if the system was not based on the electoral college? surely you wouldn't think the candidates would design their campaign strategy the same way if they knew that every vote in every state was equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    The funny part about it all is, if she'd have won all these people would be shouting "the system works" from the rooftops
    Why would there be a need to question the system if the person who the most people voted for actually won the election?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why would there be a need to question the system if the person who the most people voted for actually won the election?
    That's like asking "why would you question the system if the majority of people voted to lynch blacks?"

Winning the popular vote does not grant godhood, and neither does the electoral college.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    That's like asking "why would you question the system if the majority of people voted to lynch blacks?"
    Well that was a stupid thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Winning the popular vote does not grant godhood, and neither does the electoral college.
    No one said it did. But if people are going to be voting on something, and the system is set up in such a way that the most votes doesn't signify the winner, of course people are going to question the efficacy of that system. And if the winner has been the person with the most votes in all but 5 instances, mocking those who are satisfied with the results of the other ~50 elections is, again, stupid.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2016-12-26 at 08:58 AM.

I meant in a "if the roles were reversed" sense where trump got the popular vote but she got the electoral

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a stupid thing to say.
    I'm sorry you don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    It voted.in a crooked.incompotent businesman instead